Steam Game Packages Duplicate Game Gifting

interested

Gawd
Hello.
Due to the holliday sale going on at www.steampowered.com many people are no doubt buying up all kinds of games.
In some cases some of you may be buying packages which include games you might already own.
In such a case you can gift your duplicate games to others by following the instructions listed on the steam support page in article titled "Extra Copies"

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_search.php?searchwords=giving

Basically all you will need is your friends email and then you can send them your duplicate game as a gift.

If some of you out there have nobody to give your duplicate game to, (maybe your friends already have the duplicate as well)
please send it my way, as I know a few people who still dont have some of the most common popular games on steam and i would love to forward the gift to them.

Feel free to use the following email (remove spaces) to send the duplicate game my way.

steam game box @ gmail . com

Also I am sure there are other [H] members who would also like to receive your duplicates.
so I encourage them to post their info here so that other members can send them their duplicates.

Seasons Greatings.

P.S. I have seen others offer up their duplicates in [H] forums before, so i dont think there is anything wrong with this, or anything against forum rules. If so please accept my apologies and remove this post.

Any duplicates available I would be willing to send some item from what I'm selling your way ;)

Great idea. =D

Here's if someone wants to send some dupes my way:
xplicit_concepts2003 at hotmail . com

I might make some purchases that include dupes, so I'll be sure to send out my games to other [H] members.

is it even legal to sell steam games not accounts but extra games of what you own?

If anyone has duplicates games on Steam, I would appreciate it. slava at racingclan.net

I need a free gift of TF2. PM me.
You can only gift HL2, the episodes, and L4D with the 4-pack. It's been this way forever...
From the OP's link:
Extra copies are a special promotion for users who:

1. Purchase the “Left 4 Dead Four Pack” on Steam
2. Own “Half-Life 2” and/or “Half-Life 2: Episode One” and then go on to purchase “The Orange Box” or the "Valve Complete Pack"
3. Own “Half-Life 2: Episode One” and/or “Half-Life 2: Episode Two” and then go on to purchase the "Half-Life 2: Episode Pack” or the "Valve Complete Pack"

This special offer will allow you to send your extra game copy or copies to a friend who does not already own the game.

If your Steam account meets any of the conditions above, you will automatically receive extra copies of the related games which you can give to friends.

How many extra copies will I get when I purchase one of these games?

You will receive one gift for each previously purchased version of “Half-Life 2” and “Half-Life 2: Episode One” in your Steam account. For example, if you already own both "Half-Life 2" and "Half-Life 2: Episode One", and you purchase The Orange Box, you will receive two free copies you can give to friends: one copy of each game.

You will receive three gifts in addition to a copy of the game for yourself when you purchase the Left 4 Dead Four Pack.

Do any other games available on Steam work this way?

No. This special offer only applies to “Half-Life 2,” “Half-Life 2: Episode One,” “Half-Life 2: Episode Two,” and the “Left 4 Dead Four Pack” as stated above.

There really is no need for confusion for those who have the duplicates.

If you have a duplicate game that you obtained upon buying a steam package, steam will let you know which game(s) you can gift, a message will pop up within steam with the gifting information.

Some games do not apply, and generally its the more common games that have been previously mentioned.

hlrse at yahoo dot com

or

admin at hlrse dot net

Don't care what I get. Anything is appreciated. ;o

i would not mind some dupes at all, and i'd be greatfully thankful...

mudvayne6 at gmail dot com

There really is no need for confusion for those who have the duplicates.

If you have a duplicate game that you obtained upon buying a steam package, steam will let you know which game(s) you can gift, a message will pop up within steam with the gifting information.

Some games do not apply, and generally its the more common games that have been previously mentioned.
The main reason I brought it up was because someone posted a link to this in the steam deal thread and someone a post or two above mine mentioned portal and TF2, which aren't giftable.

It's true that steam will alert you to games you already have and prompt you to gift them if it's possible, but what isn't intuitive is that if buy the pack and you have games other than HL2, ep1, and ep2, then you'll just lose any dupes with no notification at all. It won't, for example, say, "caution, you already own TF2...Portal...etc." so I just wanted to clarify that for the people asking before they purchase the complete valve pack.

What are these dupes you speak of??

I will play.. feel free to toss your unwanted dupes my way (Trying to rebuild my library after I got my account hijacked lol) <-- my own fault, stupid easy password.

hytek9 [at] gmail [dot] com

fat chance of a l4d dup?
pm, please

ah, ill take anything really..
I am curious if L4D can be gifted from the complete pack. Something tells me no...
I *believe* it's only giftable from the 4-pack and the portion I quoted suggests as much by the fact that it's so specific :\

New orange box sale going on now.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/469/

If you get some duplicate games that you would like to give away feel free to pm me, as i can pass them on to a friend or two who have steam accounts, and have still never tried some of the valve games within the orange box.

Feel free to use the following email (remove spaces) to send the duplicate game my way.

steam game box @ gmail . com

Thanks.

Last edited:
The only game I own on steam is CSS :D I would love to try TF2 or portal or really anything. Please PM me if your in a giving mood! I would truely appreciate it. Thank you

I'm not going to lie, but the OP's post seems to be a bit shady, not to mention the following replies. I have extra, but no way in hell would I give them up freely...

I'm not going to lie, but the OP's post seems to be a bit shady, not to mention the following replies. I have extra, but no way in hell would I give them up freely...

Exactly what is shady about my post?
I have been a member here for years, and i have seen other [H] members give offer up their duplicates before in the "Free" forum.

FYI, The last time i posted this request i did not get one single offer.
And thus i still have a few friends who have nothing but CSS or TF2, or L4D on their accounts. So i dont mind sending a classic duplicate their way, as i already have all of valves games.

I also encourage other [H] members to post in here if they would like to receive a duplicate, as it saves from having a bunch of new threads started with people asking for duplicates.

Back