Logitech - MX Revolution Wireless Laser Mouse - $39.99

Best mouse I've ever owned. Using it now as we speak. The smooth scrolling feature of the wheel is incredible and I doubt I'll ever be able to use a notched scroll wheel again. It's so comfortable to hold as well.

THANK YOU!!! I have been wanting this mouse for awhile now and refused to pay $80 for it. Got it for $50 after shipping and taxes but still better than $90+.

Hot damn, I've been waiting forever for a deal on one of these! Thanks OP! :D

I got mine for free (replacement for an MX1000, though I got to keep the MX1000, which I eventually fixed). Within a year or so, the free spinning scroll wheel didn't spin freely. Sent it back and got a new MX1000. I like the mouse, but I still prefer the ergonomics of the MX1000....especially in an MMO.

Buyers, don't forget to search for uberoptions. It's a must have for every Logitech mouse.

bought one from dell during turkey day blowout for same price!

well worth it. Best mouse Ive had, and im picky :) works wonderful in OSX, and vista.

Using this mouse now. I beleive I paid $100 for it when it first came out. Easy to criticize the price, but the mouse is awesome.

Just bought it to replace my dying LX3 (right mouse button going out --> can't stay zoomed when playing FPS/GTA4)..plus its cordless!

it's charging

I got mine for free (replacement for an MX1000, though I got to keep the MX1000, which I eventually fixed). Within a year or so, the free spinning scroll wheel didn't spin freely. Sent it back and got a new MX1000. I like the mouse, but I still prefer the ergonomics of the MX1000....especially in an MMO.

Buyers, don't forget to search for uberoptions. It's a must have for every Logitech mouse.

the free spinning wheel engages and disengages during certain uses. They are pre-programmed into the software, but you can customize when you want it to switch and when not to.

I set mine to only change when I press down on the wheel. Relying on software didn't work too well. Still the best mouse I've ever owned. I don't game with it though and hear it's not that good for gaming.

I set mine to only change when I press down on the wheel. Relying on software didn't work too well. Still the best mouse I've ever owned. I don't game with it though and hear it's not that good for gaming.

Yeah lol. Free spinning wheels suck for online gaming the most, its like when u run in a house wielding a sniper rifle and see someone all the sudden and need to whip out your shotgun its like wheel of fortune *ticaticaticatica ticatic tic tic* . . . knife o_O . . . not a good thing when you reeeeeally needed that shotgun or even worse having your knife out when leaving a building and going to change back to your MG as you see someone then end up going from your knife, past your MG, back arround to your knife then to your MG only to land back on your knife. You need a notched wheel for proper gaming.

lol

I bit. I had a $25 gift card to bestbuy. And I have wanted something new for a while. My MX1000's are nice but need something different. This will at least allow me to dedicate an MX1000 to my media center instead of as a backup for my gaming rig, and a MCE hold.

I had a $100 GC for BB, so I picked up two of these, and some random bargain PS3 game to give for someones birthday.

Yeah, I did store pickup and it's ready today. Can't wait to play with it tonight.

This mouse is giving me some serious carpal tunnel man. I might have to go back to my trusty intellimouse.

I'm really tempted to pick up one of these. My mx610 is getting a bit long in the tooth. I love it dearly but it will break on of these days and this seems to be the closest to it in design. Anyone who has one of these compared the two models?

the free spinning wheel engages and disengages during certain uses. They are pre-programmed into the software, but you can customize when you want it to switch and when not to.

Only if you leave it in the default mode. My mouse never switches to click mode.

I cannot believe I am going to miss out on this mouse as I have been wanting one for a very long time (moving, address change issues). oh well, hopefully they will go on sale again

I don't mind it for gaming. Mine clicks with the scroll wheel... It's effective. If you spin the wheel fast when you're scrolling, and then spin again, then it becomes a free-wheel and keeps spinning. Which I don't usually just spin through my "weapons" freely that that would be a problem. Although, I have yet to "Accidentally" bump the thumb wheel while in game to see what that does. All I know is that cycles through the Windows Application/window viewer in Vista. Which of course that can be changed.

Overall, great mouse, great price. I'm happy with it.

I don't mind it for gaming. Mine clicks with the scroll wheel... It's effective. If you spin the wheel fast when you're scrolling, and then spin again, then it becomes a free-wheel and keeps spinning. Which I don't usually just spin through my "weapons" freely that that would be a problem. Although, I have yet to "Accidentally" bump the thumb wheel while in game to see what that does. All I know is that cycles through the Windows Application/window viewer in Vista. Which of course that can be changed.

Overall, great mouse, great price. I'm happy with it.

ditto..i really like this mouse...but my palm (where my thumb meets) get lil sweaty..it could be my seating arrangement and the fact that I have my hand awkwardly stretched

The G7 and MX act like wired mice.

You really cannot tell that they are wireless.

I'll take issue with this post. If you can't tell the difference between a wired mouse and a MX Revolution, then you won't notice a difference on any wireless mouse. Some people can feel the lag on wireless mice, some can't. Don't get me wrong: the MX Revo is an outstanding mouse. But it is still wireless and still has the lag that wireless mice have. If you can't notice it, good for you. I could tell the difference immediately and stopped using it.

I'll take issue with this post. If you can't tell the difference between a wired mouse and a MX Revolution, then you won't notice a difference on any wireless mouse. Some people can feel the lag on wireless mice, some can't. Don't get me wrong: the MX Revo is an outstanding mouse. But it is still wireless and still has the lag that wireless mice have. If you can't notice it, good for you. I could tell the difference immediately and stopped using it.

I agree and disagree. Not all wireless mice are created equal. I've used Kensington wireless setups and I have yet to be impressed. I also had a Microsoft Wireless Presenter Mouse 8000. It was bluetooth, and I was disappointed with performance at first (on my Macbook) but then they released a new version of Intellipoint for Mac that supported this mouse, and I was able to crank up the "performance" - which made it a lot better. It was equal to the Kensingtons with normal performance, with high performance it was much better. Because of its laser tracking and higher DPI than normal it was better and smoother than a couple of cheap wired optical mice I've had. There was still a hint of that wireless "lag", but a very small hint. It was even good enough for some light photoshopping.

I've used the Microsoft Wireless notebook mouse (3000, i think) you know, the one that's "The world's best selling wireless mouse" .... not impressed. Noticeable lag and no better than average tracking. Most wireless mice I've used are like that.

This MX Revolution would be a rare exception. It's by far the fastest response wireless mouse I've ever used. It's still not as "hair-trigger" friendly as my Death Adder, but it's among the closest to wireless I've ever used, and it surpasses many wired mice by making up for the hint of lag by excelling in other areas, such as customizable buttons and wheels, good ergonomics (according to some) and very smooth, accurate tracking. I've used a couple of wireless mice that are close, but no cigar. This is the "cat's meow" when it comes to wireless. If I was in a situation where I just plain had to suffer wireless, this would "suffering in style!"

For $40? Holy crap.

Just a small note for anyone who hasn't been able to get one of these locally. I went to several Best Buys in my area and all were sold out, but I was able to get a rain check for the special. Whenever they come back in stock, I can still get the same $40 for it, and the rain check does not expire, so I don't have to worry about getting it immediately. You may want to ask if you could get a rain check for the price as well (if they say no, try another store)

Check store availability online.

I've found that to be extremely inaccurate. All of the stores listed online as having it available Hell, the store inventories listed the mouse as being in stock with up to 3 of them at some stores, but apparently, Best Buy keeps very poor track of their merchandise. The same guy that got me the rain check told me that unless the computer shoes at least 5 of an item, preferably 7 or more, don't expect them to actually have it.

Just a small note for anyone who hasn't been able to get one of these locally. I went to several Best Buys in my area and all were sold out, but I was able to get a rain check for the special. Whenever they come back in stock, I can still get the same $40 for it, and the rain check does not expire, so I don't have to worry about getting it immediately. You may want to ask if you could get a rain check for the price as well (if they say no, try another store)

There were a stack of them at my local Best Buy, I just got one yesterday.
Montclair, CA for those interested...

Really liking it so far. I kinda got annoyed by the scroll wheel at first, but after configuring it in the control center (I'm using it on a MBP) it works great. I'm also a user switching to it from a MX1000.

What can I expect from this mouse coming from a MX518? Anything I will suddenly be without?...besides a wire.

What can I expect from this mouse coming from a MX518? Anything I will suddenly be without?...besides a wire.

My mx518 died and I replaced it with this. I didnt like it at fist but decided to try it for a few days and give it a chance. It definitley seems okay.

Back