New BD+ Blu-ray Copy Protection Cracked

HardOCP News

[H] News
The latest version of Blu-ray’s BD+ copy protection has been cracked already. Originally it was thought that cracking the new BD+ update was going to take months, it ended up only being a few weeks.

The robust update Blu-ray's BD+ copy protection that was gonna take three months to crack was just busted by Slysoft, months ahead of schedule. Wanna guess what's gonna happen to the next BD+ update?

And now our players can take another 30 seconds to load a disk when we see BD+++.

gee.. really?

nothing surprising. When a company beats their chest that it is the bestest mostest uncrackable scheme in the entire universe, you will have people that are out to prove said chest beaters wrong. ;)

How many times have we seen this over the years? Over and over and over, when are they gonna learn to make movies and music at a good fair price and people will just buy instead of pirating. Yeah yeah I know there will always be people that pirate but once they move out of there moms basement thing will improve. LOL

I remember the BDA said it would take about 5-10 years to crack BD+ but it took less than a year to bypass it.

How many times have we seen this over the years? Over and over and over, when are they gonna learn to make movies and music at a good fair price and people will just buy instead of pirating. Yeah yeah I know there will always be people that pirate but once they move out of there moms basement thing will improve. LOL

Forget pirating.

Lets take that digital copy crap. It makes you make a copy yes, but read the very fine print. Expiration is 1 year after activation. That means it has built in DRM. Why can I not make a portable copy of the movie in question and not be expirable, kind of like the main movie itself?

whne will these tards learn! if it can be made it can be broke!

sure this protection stops the average joe blow from making copies for friends so it is effective, just not much any more when companies like SlySoft make the software to copy the stuff.

whne will these tards learn! if it can be made it can be broke!

QFT exactly, i mean i understand what they are doing but its sad that when companies spend big money coming up with an uncrackable protection there are people out there that do nothing other than live to crack that - just take it off

its sort of like all the gun control laws out there - the only thing they do is cause pain and trouble for people who actually get their guns legally

Yet another reason why they should just drop DRM all together. Save the money used in developing or licensing it. At least get the paying customers back and let the pirates do their thing because they aren't stopping.

Yet another reason why they should just drop DRM all together. Save the money used in developing or licensing it. At least get the paying customers back and let the pirates do their thing because they aren't stopping.

Its the stupid stockholders throwing a fit that the companies aren't protecting their product. Even if the company knows its not going to work.

Why would I copy blu ray?

Reasons not to copy blu ray ( for now )

a) The copy is only worth a crap if i watch it on my computer because blank media is $40, more than the cost of the original movie

b) I can resize the original... but its easier to just copy the DVD

a) The copy is only worth a crap if i watch it on my computer because blank media is $40, more than the cost of the original movie

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817132051
newegg, BD-R blank media, $2.99. Might want to keep up on current prices. Also, what about streaming to your TV, or output from a PC directly to the TV. Lots of options.

Allan

Its the stupid stockholders throwing a fit that the companies aren't protecting their product. Even if the company knows its not going to work.

Funny, I'm surrounded by people at this very moment who are, no doubt, stockholders in several media companies. I've never heard any of us throw a fit that someone isn't protecting "our" product. Maybe when you grow up a little bit you'll be a stockholder too. I can't wait to see the fits you'll throw, but at least then you'll be a little bit closer to understanding how the world works, cause right now you don't get it.

newegg, BD-R blank media, $2.99. Might want to keep up on current prices. Also, what about streaming to your TV, or output from a PC directly to the TV. Lots of options.

Allan

Gee thanks Allan. Ill make sure I watch those prices.

I was referring to dual layers, which some of my movies use,and considering I only buy bluray for the outstanding picture I wouldnt consider transcoding it to fit on a single layer disk.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817172040
$34

I was referring to dual layers, which some of my movies use,and considering I only buy bluray for the outstanding picture I wouldnt consider transcoding it to fit on a single layer disk.

The uncompressed audio tracks that take up a crapload of space. So unless you have an obscene home theater setup that can actually make use of that uncompressed audio track, rip just the main feature with one of the compressed audio tracks and you should be able to easily fit them on single layer discs.

I do have a home theatre than can take advantage of that uncompressed audio. Uncompressed audio and high bit rate Blu Ray BD-50 is an audio/video purists dream. Obscene is different things for different people. My theatre cost about 5000 bucks. I know people that spend that much on one speaker.

Its a case of different things for different people. I like to backup my discs without the annoying previews and FBI warnings. I like EVERYTHIGN ELSE intact. Some people just want the movie. Some people dont care if they have compression artifacts. I recently found out that single layer copies of DVD's which were fine on my old TV look like ASS on my 60 inch Plasma.

And there is a sh**load of movies on BD-50. When BD-50 media are $5 I would consider it, but till then Ill just pay my $17 bucks and get the whole shebang with a nice pretty box, and uncompressed audio, angles, extras, etc.

To take a BD-50 and squish it onto a BD-50 is just defeating the main benefit of Blu-Ray. If you are going to do that just copy the DVD version onto a Dual layer disc and have a great copy. They are finally reasonably priced ( after all these years of being too expensive )

The uncompressed audio tracks that take up a crapload of space. So unless you have an obscene home theater setup that can actually make use of that uncompressed audio track, rip just the main feature with one of the compressed audio tracks and you should be able to easily fit them on single layer discs.

I did realize they had gotten that cheap. 12cents per gigabyte is not bad. I am going to have to get a burner now. however the 50gb @ 68 cents per gigabyte is harder to swallow. your sure that you will not lose video quality shrinking it to 25gb?

Gee thanks Allan. Ill make sure I watch those prices.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817172040
$34

As someone else pointed out, it is not the movie that usually breaks the 25GB barrier, it is multiple audio tracks and bonus features. If you rip the movie with no bonus features and one lossy audio track you should be able to easily fit it on one 25GB disc. Just like with DVDs you can put the movie and one audio track on a single layer 4.7GB DVD most of the time instead of the 9GB DL they usually come on.

And BTW, 50GB DL discs for $27 at:
http://www.meritline.com/tdk-4x-blu-ray-dual-layer-write-once-50gb.html

Allan

personally it makes no difference to me
i convert all my 1080p backups to about 8gb in size for perfect quality/5.1 audio :)

Suddenly I'm reminded of the Trace Buster Buster Buster in the movie The Big Hit and also the fact that Windows Genuine Advantage was cracked before the XP street date.

Someday, these companies will learn that resistance is futile.

As someone else pointed out, it is not the movie that usually breaks the 25GB barrier, it is multiple audio tracks and bonus features. If you rip the movie with no bonus features and one lossy audio track you should be able to easily fit it on one 25GB disc. Just like with DVDs you can put the movie and one audio track on a single layer 4.7GB DVD most of the time instead of the 9GB DL they usually come on.

And BTW, 50GB DL discs for $27 at:
http://www.meritline.com/tdk-4x-blu-ray-dual-layer-write-once-50gb.html

Allan

Well thats definitely a better price. Still if I burn a $27 coaster, Im not a happy camper. Eventually they will be cheap enough. I haven't paid $27 for an original BluRay disc yet. Ok... I confess I bought Batman for $29 :)

As I said before, my preference is non-lossy audio track such as PCM or Dolby True HD or DTS Master Audio, which is noticeably better on good equipment.

Suddenly I'm reminded of the Trace Buster Buster Buster in the movie The Big Hit and also the fact that Windows Genuine Advantage was cracked before the XP street date.

Someday, these companies will learn that resistance is futile.

I doubt it

Speaking as a media company shareholder and a owner of every Slysoft product made. KEEP COPYING!

9 out of 10 times you would be correct in the statement that a media pirate was never going to buy your product anyway.

DRM eliminated "fair use" rights and is anti-consumer. I WANT CONSUMERS TO FEEL SAFE IN THEIR PURCHASES!

Media companies need to stop wasting money on DRM and start using that money to go after REAL pirates who are actually selling copies for profit.

Leave Ma and Pa Kettle alone!

Speaking as a media company shareholder and a owner of every Slysoft product made. KEEP COPYING!

9 out of 10 times you would be correct in the statement that a media pirate was never going to buy your product anyway.

DRM eliminated "fair use" rights and is anti-consumer. I WANT CONSUMERS TO FEEL SAFE IN THEIR PURCHASES!

Media companies need to stop wasting money on DRM and start using that money to go after REAL pirates who are actually selling copies for profit.

Leave Ma and Pa Kettle alone!

I agree. I bought the entire slysoft suite and its one of the best purchases I ever made. An outstanding product with outstanding value and service.

The movie and music industry could learn a lot from them.

New BD+ Blu-ray Copy Protection Cracked

lol......theres nothing in computers that cant be cracked, theres always a way around security.
anyways how does slysoft keeps on bussines when they are selling products to crack dvd's, hd dvd, bluray and even audio cd's, are they on russia or north korea ?

Funny, I'm surrounded by people at this very moment who are, no doubt, stockholders in several media companies. I've never heard any of us throw a fit that someone isn't protecting "our" product. Maybe when you grow up a little bit you'll be a stockholder too. I can't wait to see the fits you'll throw, but at least then you'll be a little bit closer to understanding how the world works, cause right now you don't get it.

I'll wait for you to finish your series 6, 63 and 7 licenses and then we can have a real discussion. :rolleyes:

lol......theres nothing in computers that cant be cracked, theres always a way around security.
anyways how does slysoft keeps on bussines when they are selling products to crack dvd's, hd dvd, bluray and even audio cd's, are they on russia or north korea ?

Antigua, if memory serves...

I've used the basic stuff (CloneCD) since 1999; I even have an old copy on CD that I had shipped from Germany, back before it had to be transferred to SlySoft because of the retarded German government.

I bought the entire suite (minus Game Jackal) years ago, and I swear by all three.... :D

It's a shame that more folks aren't pushing hard to make folks who didn't know about SlySoft know that if they don't buy by tomorrow night, they'll end up not getting the free lifetime upgrades... I loves me my AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, but it would suck to have to get on the new yearly subscription thing they start on the 1st. I think that doesn't bode well for SlySoft in the long run (3+ years), but it'll give them a nice cash infusion in the short run. :(

your sure that you will not lose video quality shrinking it to 25gb?

Well, you're not actually "shrinking" anything. You're just stripping out unnecessary content to get the video and an audio track of the main feature to fit on the disc unchanged.

Slysoft rocks, clonedvdmobile is awesome I use it for phones/ipods/psp/digital picture frames it's excellent. I wish they would add support for BD, mostly for movies without a digital copy available but you still want to shrink it down to your dick tracy watch.

And now our players can take another 30 seconds to load a disk when we see BD+++.

Sony will screw things up worse. They love DRM too much to let the customers win. Look at rootkits and out of spec DRM they added to CDs and DVDs that caused so many problems. Soon they'll add so much extra DRM to Blue-ray that new discs won't even be compatible with older players.

I don't see any point in copying it if you're putting it on a BDR. Hell, I don't see the point in doing that with DVD, unless you've got kids that destroy disks and/or for watching in a car.

OTOH, putting everything on a HD makes some sense.

Allan

Allan, did you look at the shipping on those? Buy 10 of them and pay almost $22.00 in shipping!

But Egg's real price is over $5.00/disk.

Sony will screw things up worse. They love DRM too much to let the customers win. Look at rootkits and out of spec DRM they added to CDs and DVDs that caused so many problems. Soon they'll add so much extra DRM to Blue-ray that new discs won't even be compatible with older players.

I get how the masses got hosed, but I don't see how many (any?) of us could have gotten hit.

If you didn't autoplay CDs/programs, Sony couldn't install their software....alternatively if held down the shift key before you put in a CD, the software never ran. As a matter of best practice, I've never let anything automatically run when a CD/DVD is inserted.

Oops, almost forgot. Slysoft is changing their license form unlimited upgrades to an annual subscription after 12/31. Order now if you want to avoid extra fees (though maybe they'll lower the price for the annual fee version).

Also they're offering 20% off until, at least, the end of the year.

The downside for Americans is the prices are in Euros, but the discount probably cancels out most of the euro penalty.

The latest version of Blu-ray’s BD+ copy protection has been cracked already. Originally it was thought that cracking the new BD+ update was going to take months, it ended up only being a few weeks.

xD. Wow thats pretty amazing that they crack it that fast. Now they will just come out with a different protection which will again be cracked.

Back