DFI to strike out with the DFI LANParty JR X58-T3H6

DFI rocks. X58 mATX!

JR X58-T3H6 features Core i7 CPU support, six triple-channel-ready DDR3 memory slots, two PCI-Express x16 slots for SLI or CrossFireX setups, six SATA 3.0 Gbps ports, 7.1 channel audio and Gigabit Ethernet.

http://www.tcmagazine.com/images/news/Hardware/DFI_LANParty_JR_X58-T3H6_01.jpg
http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?shownews=23692&catid=2

I'm thinking,
LANParty JR X58-T3H6
Core i7 920
3x2GB Corsair Dominator GT 7-8-7-20 @ 2000Mhz @ 1.65v

Currently I have
DFI LP Jr T2RS
Q9650
2x2GB G.Skill PC2 8800 5-5-5-15 @ 1.9v

Inside Case
4.24GHz

Going to keep my GPU etc. No need to upgrade that for a while. Especially with ATI yet to enable sideport :D

Note from FLECOM: Do not hotlink images, host them yourself

Really no reason to upgrade from your current setup at all. You're not going to see any appreciable 'real world' performance gains over an OCed Core 2 Quad with i7.

If i sell off my older three components, I will basically break even. After i bought my equipment they shot up in price due to the economy down here and our dollars buying value (I live in Australia)

Edited the layout, was a bit messy before hehe.

:p No, you got the title right. :D

Hey how is that Gskill working for you on this board? I was thinking about getting some, because I was hoping maybe some of the issues OCing are with this 4x1GB Crucial and it stressing the mem controller. What is your highest prime/OCCT stable overclock?

I've had the Gskill's in my current setup run intel burn test stable 10 loops at 1105 Mhz @ CL5 @ only1.9v with the CPU @ 4.24 GHz. I run that config 24/7 and have never crashed or frozen in 2 months of use on that setting. And you can be rest assured that I've played a fair few games in those 2 months :p No hiccups at all (except for stupid catalyst driver installs) The G.Skill PC28800 CL5 sticks are the best DDR2 ram on the market.

[EDIT] I've managed a higher overclock but I had to pump the voltages too high for that. 4.24 GHz is working well on 1.325 volts

Wow, those are awesome results! They say DDR2 prices have bottomed out, so I was looking at getting some, but most of my problems may have been due to 2 bad sticks of RAM so I am waiting on an RMA.

Just did 20-30 installations to get the 8.12s working, so I hear you on the Cats.

Not sure what to do with this board pending release, assuming it ever does get released... Phenom II also looks like it will be the better value, but no sign of any boards.

mATX x58 already? I thought I would be safe from the upgrade bug for a little while longer. I went dual core with my current build but have been encoding more lately, i7 mATX is tempting.

mATX x58 already? I thought I would be safe from the upgrade bug for a little while longer. I went dual core with my current build but have been encoding more lately, i7 mATX is tempting.

They say the i920 will become the next Q6600 as far as price vs value goes in a quad cpu. If you just upgraded I wouldnt worry about X58 for a while. By the time you are in need of an upgrade we'll be beyond the X58 mobos.

Tri Channel DDR3 @ 2000Mhz is enticing. So is the fact that its full speed PCI-E 2.0 16x over the current DFI P45 Tr T2RS which is only 2.0 8x - makes future GPU upgrades more beneficial.

But you are right, I would rather wait for a USB 3.0 and SATA III compatible motherboard.

so anyone know a definitive date on this board? I see that ncix/us has them on their site now but none in stock yet.

This is mad!

I thought rumours of Core i7 micro's would be a Q4 2009 thing.

Unbelievable.

I wonder what Asus will bring to the table.

Looks good, this might be what I upgrade to sometime this year. I'd like to have a setup that I can use my current 9800GT as a PhysX card. To bad the PCI card isn't a PCIe card though.

They say the i920 will become the next Q6600 as far as price vs value goes in a quad cpu. If you just upgraded I wouldnt worry about X58 for a while. By the time you are in need of an upgrade we'll be beyond the X58 mobos.
If it promises stability, I might change. But I will be the first to come down on this board if it's another false promise. I'm sure alot of people have no reason to switch, so hopefully DFI isn't wasting everyone's time.

Whoever tests this first, please test for max stable OC.

Wuhuu :eek: thats looking good :)

Wonder if it will support 32 nm Corei7 wenn the time comes?
Anyway a nice looking board. :D

I think i will hold off on the current build for this to come out save some money, have a core i7 gtx295 lanbox =D

I just tried to go to Dfi and their site is down..hmm

oh and who else thinks the boards name, T3H6 is leet speak for "the sex"

compared to what other i7 micro atx board?

Good point, but DFI also makes the only true crossfire P45 mATX board and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Besides good luck with cooling these i7 chips in a SFF case... But it doesn't matter: if one's gotta have it...

Comparing P45 to X58, that's just great. What is "true" crossfire? X58 is untrue crossfire or something? People getting this board know exactly what they're getting.

Who the hell compared P45 to X58? I didn't. Let me rephrase what I said: DFI is also the only maker of one type of mATX board (ie P45 with crossfire) but doesn't charge a fortune for it. Now they are going to be the only maker of one type of mATX board, but this time the board will apparently cost $300. My point was that by magnetik's reasoning they could have charged a lot more and it would have been OK.

That being said, among the X58 ATX boards, $300 seems to be the norm.

P45 Jr was ~$200 on release which was a fortune then. $300 for X58 is reasonable and is on par with what the other guys are offering. You mentioned the P45, so in regards to Who The Hell compared them, you did since you brought it up. We all know what everything costs and what it means to be getting one of these, don't need you to be coming in here and going "BUT, there are cheaper stuff!" - we know.

P45 Jr was ~$200 on release which was a fortune then. $300 for X58 is reasonable and is on par with what the other guys are offering. You mentioned the P45, so in regards to Who The Hell compared them, you did since you brought it up. We all know what everything costs and what it means to be getting one of these, don't need you to be coming in here and going "BUT, there are cheaper stuff!" - we know.

Again I didn't COMPARE. Brought it up sure. But you gotta lighten up. My post didn't tell you anything new? Didn't think it would anyway. I'm really sorry it wasn't up to your high standards of i-only-post-if-it-is-something-noone-else-knew. It's just a discussion, in a forum. Jeez. Next time I'll PM you beforehand to ask if I'm allowed to post.

Just gotta be someone to bring up P45 in a X58 thread, guess this time you claimed dibs. Besides, what does "true" crossfire mean that you mentioned earlier about the P45? X58 is SLI (if licensed) and crossfire. Not to mention X58 is x16x16 lanes compared to P45's x8x8.

Dammit I am driving myself nuts waiting for this board.

I got my i7 920 from microcenter for $230

I got 3x2GB of OCZ PC12800 Gold from Amazon for $17 (LOL I used a $150 giftcard I had from my birthday in July).

Haven't found anything that indicates it's SLI enabled. Even for X58 I believe you need a mobo that has that chip or whatever certification to do SLI, or you'll be limited to crossfire.

Haven't found anything that indicates it's SLI enabled. Even for X58 I believe you need a mobo that has that chip or whatever certification to do SLI, or you'll be limited to crossfire.

copied and pasted from ncix specifications, looks like it supports crossfire and SLI if the listing is accurate.

Intel® X58 with ICH10R; QPI 6.4 GT/s

LGA 1366 for Intel Core i7

6 + 2 + 2 PWM solution

6 DDR3 DIMM (max to 24GB) with Tri-channel memory support

Supports DDR3 800/ 1066/ 1333MHz

2PCIe slots (x16, x16) for NVIDIA SLI/ ATI CrossfireX (JR edition) :):):)

8 Channels HD audio (ALC 889, SNR 106db)

Genie BIOS with various BIOS setting for extreme performance

EZ Clear – Press both Power & Reset buttons to clear CMOS

[H]ot pic of the X58 with crap on it:
dfi201092qf1.jpg

The HSF is a DFI Megahalems with height of 158.7mm; perhaps you can stick this in your new Qmicra :D
http://www.techpowerup.com/index.php?82836

^^^^
that's a huuge bitch! edit: almost 2lbs hs. 1.74lb's to be exact

when is this board going to finally be released? I see dribbles of new pics lately. heh

I already bought a P6T6 Rev. but would still like to get this one if the price is correct.

[H]ot pic of the X58 with crap on it:
dfi201092qf1.jpg

The HSF is a DFI Megahalems with height of 158.7mm; perhaps you can stick this in your new Qmicra :D
http://www.techpowerup.com/index.php?82836

Holy moly thats a frickin monster.

I ordered the 1366 adapter for the xigmatek HDT1283. I am hoping that it will clear with the placement of that CPU socket.

Now available for pre-order at motherboardpro.

http://www.motherboardpro.com/DFI-L...10R-Chipset-Micro-ATX-Motherboard-p-1272.html

Back