FAHmon 2.3.4 Running Slow Temp Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilAlchemist

2[H]4U
Currently, there is an issue with FAHmon 2.3.4 using very high CPU %.

When the clients are "refreshed", the CPU will spike, sometimes using a entire CPU core.

In the last few versions of FAHmon, the program switched from using the unitinfo.txt to FAHlog.txt to get the status of the client.

It has been determined that the FAHlog.txt file size is the issue.

This seems to happen more on GPU2 clients, but can happen to other clients as well.

I checked my GPU2 FAHlog.txt files and some were over 800K.
(Client has been running for over a month)

In my setup, all this data must go over my lan, so load times get extremely long with the amount of clients I am running.
(If all data was on the local system, this would not really be an issue)

If you are getting long load times, or FAHmon is spiking you CPU, shut down the client and delete the FAHlog.txt.
The client will create a new FAHlog.txt on restart.

This is a temporary workaround until a more permanent solution can be implemented.

Based on the Source Code Change Notes, future FAHmon versions will "Limited FAHlog parsing to 4KiB ".

So a solution is in the works but no ETA known on next release date.

Thanks for the post Evil! I had seen this behavior quite frequently and couldn't figure out how to fix it.

So that is why my computer was dieing when I ran FAHMon :p

Loading 13 clients with logs that have been going 6+ months..... bit of data to sort through :eek:

I've seen this quite a bit recently as well, my solution was to switch to fahspy ;)

Loading 13 clients with logs that have been going 6+ months..... bit of data to sort through :eek:

Yeah, I know you hate to restart them Kendrak, but it will help in the short run.
Hopefully a new version of FAHmon will get released in the near future.
Uncle_Fungus has been working really hard on all the remaining open tickets to get fixes in place.

Thanks for the post Evil! I had seen this behavior quite frequently and couldn't figure out how to fix it.

That is what I am here for Buddy .....

Just Remember ... Vote EvilAlchemist FOTY 2008 :cool::cool:

Yeah, I know you hate to restart them Kendrak, but it will help in the short run.

Restart..... Never!

I'll wait for the new version with the fix. :p

I just turn it off when I want to play a game. ;)

May you log file be long and your client stable.

I just turn it off when I want to play a game. ;)

With some games you don't even need to turn off the clients. I can run 2 Win SMP clients and the GPU client and play Left4Dead@1920x1200 maxed - smooth as butter. It's good to know that should you ever experience the zombie apocalypse on your computer, folding won't get in the way. :)

I've had a log file get up to 1.3MB yes MB. I was wondering why I had to close FAHmon for using up all of my computer time on a core. Now it all makes sense.

With some games you don't even need to turn off the clients. I can run 2 Win SMP clients and the GPU client and play Left4Dead@1920x1200 maxed - smooth as butter. It's good to know that should you ever experience the zombie apocalypse on your computer, folding won't get in the way. :)

I was saying I turn off FAHMon. It sucks up way more than the FAH clients do :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back