Possible 9800GX2 coming in stock @ Newegg

jebo_4jc

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2011
There might potentially be more GX2 coming to Newegg. They just today started showing a MSI version here

It shows OOS now (and a really jacked up price), but that's the way the BFG model started last week. The BFG just popped up one day when I was searching on their inventory, so I signed up for Auto-Notify. Couple days later get the e-mail that they're in stock. So keep your eyes open. If they drop to the $250 price that the PNY and BFG are listed for, the $50 rebate would make for some ppd/$ sweetness

yeah they should drop.. the prices are usually automated and start at the last sales price then drop once in stock.. just the way their pricing system is setup..

yeah i talked to a guy that works for newegg last year when i was at the nvidia lan party here in the bay area (northern california).. was explaining to me how the whole pricing system worked..

The price on there now is likely the price that was there when it was last in stock. If you look at the BFG & PNY, that is what those prices indicate currently.

It would be GREAT if they can get some additional 9800GX2's in stock. I would like to build 2 dedicated folding boxen (when I get my next contracting gig) and I'd like to stuff 3x in each one. I've got all spec'd out, but am awaiting funds as well as availability of reasonably priced 9800GX2's. By reasonable, I mean the $234/card for the PNY's (when I didn't have any funds available).

It would be GREAT if they can get some additional 9800GX2's in stock.
It sure would. I want to get some video cards in my i7 box next month and 9800GX2's would be ideal.

If they do come in stock, my suggestion is to act quickly if you have the funds.

When the BFG was in stock briefly last week, I did the old quantity:9999 trick to see how many they had, and it indicated around 90.

They were sold out in less than a week. Hopefully to folders.

Well let's hope the timing works then :) I would love to pick up a half dozen of these. If it doesn't work out, then I wait for the next round

yeah i talked to a guy that works for newegg last year when i was at the nvidia lan party here in the bay area (northern california).. was explaining to me how the whole pricing system worked..

Two words...pricing gnomes.

The MSI GX2 mentioned in the OP is now a deactivated item at NewEgg. :( Why do they like to tease us like this?

I'm not very confident that we'll see any additional 9800GX2's coming out of the 'egg. I'd like to keep my hopes up, but it's been a few weeks since I've seen one.

Back