CoolerMaster V10! (56k warning)

RussianHAXOR

Supreme [H]ardness
This is VERY close to the finished product and is intended to be a teaser for the finished product. Most of what you see will remain the same, of course some things will change as there was beta testing feedback ;).

First, the unboxing.

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

Here are all of the specs about the cooler on the back.

DSC00147.jpg

Lol just a teaser...

DSC00148.jpg

There she is!

DSC00149.jpg

Mounting Hardware(not finalized)

DSC00150.jpg

Huge manual in like 8 languages...

DSC00151.jpg

Super "special" thermalpaste sample :p: Thermalfusion 400

DSC00152.jpg

Paper explaining TEC in multiple languages... for the noobies.

DSC00153.jpg

Warranty Paper...

DSC00154.jpg

Install Guide for all Socket Types...

DSC00155.jpg

Included 1366 Bracket, in addition the the standard brackets included.

DSC00156.jpg

Attachment Hardware

DSC00157.jpg

The other brackets for AMD.

DSC00158.jpg

Bracket for Intel 775

DSC00159.jpg

And now... the Cooler itself in all its glory! :)

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

The Underbelly with the TEC Coldplate!

DSC00163.jpg

Top!

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

Side of the Side Fan...

DSC00166.jpg

And another top View.

DSC00167.jpg

Install and clearance pictures in next post.

Pretty neat looking and I like the idea of the TEC, however 1200g? Geez that's heavy, granted it's still lighter than the TRUE copper. I wonder how it does, I have not been keeping up with the V10 and V12, but what kind of price are going to be on these things? With the V8 in the 70's and these having TEC's what are we looking at, $100+? Some how I see 150+ as very possible.

Pretty neat looking and I like the idea of the TEC, however 1200g? Geez that's heavy, granted it's still lighter than the TRUE copper. I wonder how it does, I have not been keeping up with the V10 and V12, but what kind of price are going to be on these things? With the V8 in the 70's and these having TEC's what are we looking at, $100+? Some how I see 150+ as very possible.

My Q9450 at stock clocks running Prime95 and IBT never went above 46 or 47C after like 8 hours of Prime95 and 2 consecutive IBT tests.

Also, at 3.6 and 1.35v i managed to not pass 50C. The beauty of this cooler is that once it hits its max temperature it stays there and refuses to budge and once you take the load off it cools down VERY quickly. :)

Unfortunately i cant comment on price as thats still NDA.

So I take its not silent :)

Almost. Its very quiet compared to my Zalman. The problem is that i cant really compare the audible temps with my case fans on since they're all 30 Decibles. But i believe the fan on these is like 17dba @ 90Cfm

Install pictures going up now...

Old installation(Zalman 9500LED, not 9700LED)
The intended purpose is to give you a size comparison since ive got a full tower case.

DSC00001.jpg

DSC04351.jpg

And new!

DSC00192.jpg

I actually had to chop off a little corner from my NB HS base on my X38 in order for the fan that is on the cooler not to hit it. This was done so i could install the cooler correctly, so anyone with this cooler be aware of this issue.

DSC00193.jpg

This was definitely a CLOSE FIT. :p

DSC00194.jpg

Some ram clearance pictures with it installed, i apologize for not getting one from underneath the cooler. I'll try to get one of those later but there is PLENTY of room. Enough for dominators(confirmed).

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

As you can see in the above picture there was a little sagging on the cooler when installed so i had to further tighten the brackets in order to make it not sag.

Rear fan clearance and Mosfet clearance.

DSC00197.jpg

Some top clearance pictures...

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

Final install pictures...

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

My Q9450 at stock clocks running Prime95 and IBT never went above 46 or 47C after like 8 hours of Prime95 and 2 consecutive IBT tests.

Also, at 3.6 and 1.35v i managed to not pass 50C. The beauty of this cooler is that once it hits its max temperature it stays there and refuses to budge and once you take the load off it cools down VERY quickly. :)

Unfortunately i cant comment on price as thats still NDA.

So it's temp controlled? Does it have a way of keeping it from going under ambient, for condensation reasons? My Q9550 peeks at 52C with IBT at 3.8. What were your temps OCed on the old cooler?

Almost. Its very quiet compared to my Zalman. The problem is that i cant really compare the audible temps with my case fans on since they're all 30 Decibles. But i believe the fan on these is like 17dba @ 90Cfm

I believe the 17dba is the minimum sound level, so that means at 900rpm, so probably in the 20 something cfm range.

3.6Ghz(1.35v) i got no more 50C with prime 95 running for a few hours. Same for IBT temps would peak at 50 when overclocked and just refused to budge at all.

Also, im not exactly sure about the volume range but i can look into it. I think it even says it on the box.

And yes, it is temperature triggered to avoid things like condensation. :)

3.6Ghz(1.35v) i got no more 50C with prime 95 running for a few hours. Same for IBT temps would peak at 50 when overclocked and just refused to budge at all.

Also, im not exactly sure about the volume range but i can look into it. I think it even says it on the box.

And yes, it is temperature triggered to avoid things like condensation. :)

But what were your temps on the old Zalman? It did say on the box, in the photo at least, said minimum sound was 17dba, which means slowest rpm of the fan, most fans at 900rpm come in around (or less) than 20cfm, not like I would keep the stock fans anyway. :D

It's good to know it has a temperature trigger. Might even be temping when it goes on sale.

Similar to the monsoon that came out a while back.

If the price is right, i might get it over a true black. When is it coming out hax?

Similar to the monsoon that came out a while back.

If the price is right, i might get it over a true black. When is it coming out hax?

In about a month or so. I'm going to do further OC testing to see what the temps are like.

My biggest pet peeve about cooler reviews is that few of them dont say what voltage their OC was at for comparison's sake.

Damnnn that thing is huge. It looks better than the V12. I wonder how temps range between all 3...

Im sure they stayed under the safe range, which for most i have seen is 1.4 or 1.45V.

Im very intrigued by this cooler, but i have a feeling its gonna be out of my price range ($120) for a cooler, i had high hopes for coolits new domino cooler, but it actually got beat by xigs hdt cooler. :(

Damnnn that thing is huge. It looks better than the V12. I wonder how temps range between all 3...

Ohh, mind linking some info/pics of the v12? ;)

the first common sense cooler I liked from the get go was an xp 90 by thermalright.
This cooler is my second.
I see several ways to make it even more efficient...;)

good god, its both hideous and beautiful at the same time. i'm mesmerized by it.

So from the looks of it the TEC sits under the last HS to the exhaust of the case right? And so that HS is not in use until the TEC turns on? And how does the mobo seem to handle the weight, any flexing?

that is one bad ass heatsink.. guess ill need a new case if i get that thing.. sure as heck aint fitting in my antec 300 case.. :p

m quite sure that these screenshots speak for themselves.

The reason i am showing my temperatures in real temp as well as in everest is just so i could compare both programs since neither really gave me very reliable temperatures and i could do a comparison with my old cooler. The thing is, my CPU has some stuck sensors but i know which sensors arent lying to me. :p:

P.S. like a real OC'er i went with Realtemp.

Without further ado, here is a beta screenshot of the V10's performance with a Q9450 at stock clock speeds as well as stock voltage 1.25 :)

v10benchnew2.jpg

Biggest question, where do i get one!

Currently, i only see two sites listing them but they're a bit premature considering this still wont be out for another few weeks. ;)

Coolermaster will probably gladly tell me so i can inform you all where to get one of these if you are indeed interested. :)

Ram and 24pin Power Clearance Pictures As Promised!

P1010213.jpg

P1010214.jpg

These coolers should be able to fit Dominator memory as you can see. But anything bigger than that is a no-go.

Thanks for the pics, been looking forward to the release of this thing. As for the ram clearance, Are G-skill Pi blacks any taller than dominators?

I'm curious to see it too. The only pic I've seen of it has been an ad in the most recent issue of MaximumPC. It looks pretty ugly in that shot, but I hope Cooler Master brings something truly good back to the cooling table. I still remember wanting that Hyper48+ for so long. Never did get it though.

Guys, for you i will upgrade my account for this month! One second please!

The pictures should be back up momentarily! :)

If I had to choose between the V10 and the V12, it would be the V12, although I'm happy with what I have got already, V10 reminds me of the body shape of a tractor or a Zamboni.

Wow sweet, looks like I have found a cooler for my future i7 upgrade, this should match perfectly with my HAF-932 case!!!

I have been eye-balling this cooler for some time now and I have seen where Russian has too. I saw a couple comments by him in a couple different spots when I was searching for this cooler. The V12 just seems to be an UBER huge and heavy air cooler minus the TEC. I am interested in the V10, but not the V12 so much. Otherwise I'm just going to watercool and call it a day...

so, show me some pics of the chopped nb! :p

;)

thats a bad boy. i may have to get one ;)

I was also a beta tester. I have OCZ Hyper X ram and can assure you that it is way too tall to use with this cooler.

picture014fm5.jpg

Back