LG L246WP-BN 24" P-MVA: $299.95 + s&h

Jordan1

[H]ard|Gawd
$299.95 shipped. Refurbished model. 90 day warranty. P-MVA panel. Shipping was about $15 for me. I haven't seen these for sale for a while (at a decent price). IIRC, it was sold for $250 at one point when they discontinued them...at CC maybe? I recall $400 being a "good" price for this model a year or so ago. Originaly went for $650+. I've had one for about a year and its still kickin.

Merchant has 4.1 / 5 stars per Google customer reviews but I haven't bought from them before.

EDIT: There is a free shipping option.

Wish I had one of these instead of my Soyo. I /hate/ the bezel on the Soyo, and the lack of HDCP support has proven a pain in the ass... but everything else I love about it.

HDMI in would be very nice now that I have a PS3. Instead I had to get a HDFury, and the thing doesn't work properly above 720P with the Soyo and PS3... which is doubly frustrating since I can get 1920x1080 to work just fine via VGA or DVI with my PC driving the monitor, but not via the HD Fury.

I had a soyo 24".... then got a Samsung Syncmaster T240... and noticed the difference... i pretty much gave the monitor away when i sold it.

I really like mine. I bought mine new from BB when they were closing them out for about $500 and I'm so glad I got it!!

Check the shipping option. There is an option for free shipping for LCD Monitors!

I really like mine. I bought mine new from BB when they were closing them out for about $500 and I'm so glad I got it!!

I love this monitor, I think I must have got it around the same time as you (at least same price from Fry's etc),

When I bought this monitor I tried it out against a handful of other monitors, and this one seemed a lot better than the competition.

This is a great deal, nice find OP.

Maybe get a squaretrade warranty instead of theirs if you get this.

And like someone else said, there's a free shipping option for LCD.

No, not the same panel.

I own this monitor and LOVE it. I tried and returned like 4 other 24 inchers before settling on this one.

LOL, man you sound just like me... at the time I had a Dell 2407-HC and a Samsung (can't remember model) and tested them all... The only one that I kept was the LG, it killed the competition.

This is such a great monitor. I got mine from Best Buy for like 375.00, and I was stoked. This is a killer deal. Will make nice with my other one. Maybe a Neo Flex Dual LCD Monitor?

Great screen. Too bad I cannot make a purchase decision quick enough to get on this for a rockin' dual screen setup.

I also have this monitor - I love everything about it and its worked great for 2 years now....

I have had some weird tearing issues when using consoles as input... fixed by turning off monitor for a while and letting it cool down.

It's a very good deal on the monitor, given the size and panel type.
I've owned mine for a year and a half, it's easily the best LCD I've ever owned.

For $299 it's a must have.

this site is so bootleg - "Copyright 2006 Your store name here. All rights reserved." seriously? jeez

299.95 + shipping. Refurbished model. 90 day warranty. P-MVA panel. Shipping was about $15 for me. I haven't seen these for sale for a while (at a decent price). IIRC, it was sold for $250 at one point when they discontinued them...at CC maybe? I recall $400 being a "good" price for this model a year or so ago.

Merchant has 4.1 / 5 stars per Google customer reviews but I haven't bought from them before.

Warm deal?

Did you monitor ever arrive in the mail? I agree with __hollywood|meow. Either webmaster hasn't changed the template for this page or it is all bogus and another fly by night give me your credit card number sights and steal your info.

i checked the reseller ratings before i ordered and used paypal. Pretty fast shipping, it shipped out yesterday

Did you monitor ever arrive in the mail? I agree with __hollywood|meow. Either webmaster hasn't changed the template for this page or it is all bogus and another fly by night give me your credit card number sights and steal your info.

I didn't actually order the monitor...just calculated the shipping....then someone pointed out there is a free shipping option for monitors. So I did not order one, yet.

I ordered one and I had a tracking number the same day I ordered. They are in Illinois, so it's only 2 days to me, and free shipping on LCDs.

I ordered one and I had a tracking number the same day I ordered. They are in Illinois, so it's only 2 days to me, and free shipping on LCDs.

According to your sig, you've already got 2. Tri monitor setup?
That seller is on ebay as well. When I was looking for an L246wp-bn, I found it on ebay and the sellers info lead me to that website. It doesn't appear they are selling them on ebay anymore, but they've got good feedback. Safe in my book.

http://myworld.ebay.com/11cb/

Ordered one late Friday afternoon with free shipping. Showed up this morning (shipped from IL, and I'm in Iowa).

Haven't had a chance to try it out yet since I had to head into work. The packing job wasn't very good though. Monitor and stand were wrapped in bubble wrap and thrown into a box. The stand is scratched up a bit, and the bezel around the screen has a chunk missing from a corner (very hard to notice though). However, the screen itself looks perfect. Hopefuly it works!

Oh, and no HDMI to DVI cable was included with mine. Just VGA. I went ahead and ordered one here:

http://www.amazon.com/Eforcity-Blac...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232383835&sr=8-1

I'll post again when I get a chance to try it out tonight.

Edit: Got a chance to try the monitor out using my HDMI to DVI cable from my existing L246. Everything's fine until I start moving anything around. Edges of objects are leaving vertical black lines for a very short period after moving them. Oh well, might need to exchange this one... :(

Update: after using the monitor for a good 10 minutes the ghosting went away. perhaps this is something my existing unit does but I never noticed because I keep it on all the time.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I emailed this company and asked what their dead pixel policy was on monitors. They replied:

Up to 5, we count it as good.

That makes this a company I won't buy a monitor from.

I emailed this company and asked what their dead pixel policy was on monitors. They replied:

Up to 5, we count it as good.

That makes this a company I won't buy a monitor from.
That's nothing out of the ordinary. Newegg requires 8 for example.

i have own this monitor for 2 years
i paid $650 on sale at bb
i use it to watch sat tv hd and for pc works great and looks great

same here. i absolutely love this monitor. my sister's DELL 20" doesn't even come close. i have one dead pixel in the upper right corer, though.

I got my second one in today, and there are no dead pixels or back light bleeding. This is such a great monitor.

I got my second one in today, and there are no dead pixels or back light bleeding. This is such a great monitor.

Glad to hear. Mine has one stuck pixel, but it's in the upper right corner and really hard to notice. No back light bleed though.

How was the packaging in yours? Did you get a HDMI to DVI cable with it?

According to your sig, you've already got 2. Tri monitor setup?
That seller is on ebay as well. When I was looking for an L246wp-bn, I found it on ebay and the sellers info lead me to that website. It doesn't appear they are selling them on ebay anymore, but they've got good feedback. Safe in my book.

http://myworld.ebay.com/11cb/

No, I am showing that I have 2, not 2 + 1. I just updated my signature. Mine is in perfect shape. No scratches or dead pixels on either. I am extremely pleased with the purchase. It even looks good through VGA.

Monitor just cam in today. No dead pixels, no tearing, no input lag. Mine didn't come with any video cables just two power cords, which was weird.... Now im waiting for my dvi to hdmi cable to come in the mail. Great purchase, glad i took the risk with refurb, this monitor performs is just like new.

text isnt as sharp through vga as I expect it to be through DVI but not enough to detract from the purchase. The stand is rock solid and metal reinforced. Definitely an improvement over my 22in TN panel

Packaging could have been better UPS definitely banged the box around and some of the airbags were going flat.

I had a soyo 24".... then got a Samsung Syncmaster T240... and noticed the difference... i pretty much gave the monitor away when i sold it.

u gave away the soyo u mean for almost nothing? was it really that bad compared to the samsung?

Anyone else order from this website and have any comments?
I already have one of these monitors, so I know what to expect.

Just want to make sure this website is worth buying from.
:)

Monitor just cam in today. No dead pixels, no tearing, no input lag. Mine didn't come with any video cables just two power cords, which was weird.... Now im waiting for my dvi to hdmi cable to come in the mail. Great purchase, glad i took the risk with refurb, this monitor performs is just like new.

text isnt as sharp through vga as I expect it to be through DVI but not enough to detract from the purchase. The stand is rock solid and metal reinforced. Definitely an improvement over my 22in TN panel

Packaging could have been better UPS definitely banged the box around and some of the airbags were going flat.
Just wondering, what was the cosmetic condition of your monitor? Did it get to you alright?

Just wondering, what was the cosmetic condition of your monitor? Did it get to you alright?

perfect condition, just a little bit of dust on the screen itself like it had been sitting in a warehouse but no scrapes or scratches

Back