Core i7 and Coolermaster v8 Temps??

Coloredtoad

Weaksauce
Hi all first time poster here. I was wondering what the avg. temps are with the i7 920 and coolermaster v8 . Not sure how accurate it is but my bios is saying about 39-45c 108-110f. I got artic silver for grease and everything seems to be on correct. Just wondering if these are normal temps before i start to oc anything :D

coretemp can sometimes read 20' hotter. this is what the v8 does for me on my first i7 build.

Untitled2-1.jpg

Thanks for the replies :). How does this Real Temp work do you just install and run and it will give you a clearer temp picture? or do you need probes and stuff to get a correct reading thanks :)

Thanks for the replies :). How does this Real Temp work do you just install and run and it will give you a clearer temp picture? or do you need probes and stuff to get a correct reading thanks :)

Just extract and run it. No extra hardware needed.

Great so that prog just gives cpu temps?? And then is it a good idea to run cpu-z and prime-95??? any other progs to run? Sorry if im a nub i can build the pc but first ever time trying to oc one.

Real Temp reports CPU temperatures. CPU-Z will give you information about your CPU, memory, and motherboard. Prime95 is useful for stress-testing your computer and making sure your CPU and RAM overclocks are stable.

Oh yes 1 thing i noticed is having the pc on for a few hours the V8 is almost cold to the touch 0 heat from any of the fin structures.Its barely even warm if you touch the heatpipes near the base. Wondering if im getting a good heat transfer or i need to re grease :confused:

Check your CPU temps and go by that. The heatsink won't necessarily feel hot to the touch. The only thing you should concern yourself with is the temperature of the CPU itself, and not the heatsink.

Hey all me again :) Just got my New psu today and got everything up and running. I got Orthos prime95 (not sure if its correct or if im running it right ) And i got real temp 2.70 . With orthos running real temp is giving me 49c avg 52c max thus far. When idle the temps were about 25-30c are these nice and safe temps?? Can i try my luck at an OC ? :D

Hey all me again Just got my New psu today and got everything up and running. I got Orthos prime95 (not sure if its correct or if im running it right ) And i got real temp 2.70 . With orthos running real temp is giving me 49c avg 52c max thus far. When idle the temps were about 25-30c are these nice and safe temps?? Can i try my luck at an OC ?

Real Temp 2.70 will not give you the correct temps. Download the latest version from the link in my first reply to this thread.

Idle temps are not particularly meaningful. Monitor your temperatures while running Orthos again and then see what you get.

first two cores are anywhere from 33-35 and the second cores are around 32-34 idle

Good to hear thanks Zero the help is much appreciated :) Also at what range of temps does it get dangerous to killing somthing ?? 75-80c ? or alittle less or more thanks again

The CPU will never reach temperatures capable of harming itself. It has built-in thermal protection which will cause the CPU to throttle down and then shut off before reaching unsafe temperatures. That thermal protection starts kicking in at 100C, so anything below that is technically fine. For an i7 CPU, I'd say anything below 85-90C is fine.

I second that. Prime95 and dnetc can't match Core Damage. I suggest initial testing with lower clocks and voltage and work upwards. You can reach high temps fast using Core Damage with average or quiet cooling solutions.

Back