Ventrilo will not work in Windows 7

MrFace

2[H]4U
I tried the almighty google search for information and I can't find anyone with problems relating to not being able to install Vent at all.

When I install Ventrilo I get a Windows Installer error, nothing specific as usual, it just crashes and therefore prevents me from installing Ventrilo.

Anyone encountered this?

Holy crap, Win7 is awesome. I dunno what I did but this automatically popped up for me:

An issue with the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) client in Windows 7 beta is causing Explorer and some MSI-based installers to stop working properly.

To solve this problem, follow these steps:

Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Accessories.

Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.

In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the following text at the prompt:

reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f

Press Enter to install the solution.

If The operation completed successfully displays, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window to complete this procedure. If "ERROR: Access is denied" displays, repeat this procedure from the top, making sure you clicked Run as administrator in step two.

Yah, that's a known issue (considered critical) and found in the past 48 hours, iirc. The simple Regedit edit done from the command line effectively deletes the key(s) that are causing the issues, so...

And yes, Windows 7 is pretty slick in taking care of itself and alerting you to real problems, even more so than Vista did.

I can't stop thinking that finally, after all these years, Microsoft has pulled off a miracle and produced the OS I've always believed they could... and it keeps getting better. ;)

i have a windows 7 vent issue but had no problems installing it. i get huge delay with people talking at times. It happens quite often and is really annoying. I can see the green lights pop up with no lag but then the voice will be delayed by a good 30 seconds. During this time i can talk and I dont lag uploading and my connection will be fine with other programs. I googled it to find if theres a fix but only found one guy's post with the same problem and no replies. Anyone run into this also?

i have a windows 7 vent issue but had no problems installing it. i get huge delay with people talking at times. It happens quite often and is really annoying. I can see the green lights pop up with no lag but then the voice will be delayed by a good 30 seconds. During this time i can talk and I dont lag uploading and my connection will be fine with other programs. I googled it to find if theres a fix but only found one guy's post with the same problem and no replies. Anyone run into this also?

Go the Ventrilo website and go to the forums. This is a documented problem but I do not recall if a fix was found.

yeah I tried to get more info on it and it seems it puts it at lower priority when alt tabbed from vent. I havnt tested this but seems right. might test later

Back