AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 $29

sweet deal, great for an htpc or even a good budget rig with some overclocking. currently running a be2400 at 3ghz in my main rig. i think ill plop down for phenom II soon though.

I'll have to think about this one. That's a super sweet deal and my htpc is a single-core currently. With this I could have a dual core for the same power usage. pretty tempting.

This chip is a good overclocker! I'm using it currently in my rig overclocked currently at 3.1GHz. (increased voltage up to 1.41 on CPU to get it though)
Or maybe luck found it's way to me. for $30 GET IT!:D:D:D

sweet deal, great for an htpc or even a good budget rig with some overclocking. currently running a be2400 at 3ghz in my main rig. i think ill plop down for phenom II soon though.

you wold be happy with a PII but for 30 dollars this is hard to beat.

They were giving away this processor with a $50 Rosewill HSF too if you caught that. Not sure if that deal is still on.

Correction. They were giving away the BE-2300 not the 2350. 2300 is the same price.

How much can this cpu underclock? yes underclock.?

I am running my 780G + AMD 3600 @ 1ghz with .1V my total Server which includes

Gigabye 780G HMDI motherboard
4GB PC6400 RAM
160GB SATA Hard drive
AMD 3600 @ 1ghz

The total watts it is pulling from wall the complete system is Amazing

35 WATTS yes 35 watts total for the whole system under clocked. Can ATOM dual core beat that i need to know and that is the LOAD OR IDLE same watts 35 WATTS guys, please can some one tell me any one is running low with dual core, i need to know. I don;t see why this processor cannot run at the same speed, it even has 45 watts vs 65 watts for mine.

35 WATTS

lmfao @ annaconda. 35 watts is pretty amazing. i have my be2400 running with cool and quiet enabled, so the power is on tap when needed. i think the lowest the voltage ever drops to is 1.2 though. im not sure i havent really played around with it all that much. 35 watts!

4GB PC6400 RAM
160GB SATA Hard drive
AMD 3600 @ 1ghz

35 WATTS yes 35 watts total for the whole system under clocked. Can ATOM dual core beat that i need to know and that is the LOAD OR IDLE same watts 35 WATTS guys, please can some one tell me any one is running low with dual core, i need to know. I don;t see why this processor cannot run at the same speed, it even has 45 watts vs 65 watts for mine.

35 WATTS
Same here- 60GB 7200rpm HD (replacing with 64GB SSD), Ninja Mini, PicoPSU running off a 40W LiteOn brick.
Have you tested HD playback with it? I've found that MPC-HC does quite alright even with 1080p MKV files, thanks to DXVA. :)

4GB PC6400 RAM
160GB SATA Hard drive
AMD 3600 @ 1ghz

35 WATTS

MSI wind uses about half that at full load with lcd on dim. could ditch the lcd for dual core and prolly stay the same. only has 1gb ram though and 2.5in disk.

Call me crazy, but I would rather pay $50 for the 2.5ghz be with the heatsink/fan. I mean why pay $30 for a CPU and another $30 for a heatsink?

Stock heatsinks aren't the best. If they cool okay, they might be loud. Save $20 by going OEM and a better heatsink is only around $10 extra.

Stock heatsinks aren't the best. If they cool okay, they might be loud. Save $20 by going OEM and a better heatsink is only around $10 extra.

Yup. Either that or you already have several decent/quiet/awesome heatsinks around (like me). :D

BTW, thanks! Just bought one for my HTPC rebuild. :)

Socket 754/939 cooler fit on an AM2?

Bought one along with a 780G for my HTPC as well;)

if its a stock 939 cooler, no its not going to work on an am2. the bastads had to change it a little

Hm... I may need to pick one of these up for my little file server... Thanks OP.

Man I need a Socket 775 CPU because I just bought a mATX 775 motherboard for an HTPC build.

This is hilarious. I've been staring at this exact processor for about 2 days now. Was looking for a $25-30 dual-core used chip for my HTPC build. Didn't see anyone selling @ that price, so I'm going for this!! :)

I have a BE-2400 in my 2ndary machine that runs 3ghz at only +0.1vcore :)

Bought this cpu on the 13th, called up Newegg today and they were happy to refund me the $5. Newegg is awesome!!!

Actually, with the 45w 4850e the stock HSF has been inaudible at all times. I have yet to hear it spin up on the Gigabyte 780G board. Nice price if you already have a HSF and mobo though.

Actually, with the 45w 4850e the stock HSF has been inaudible at all times. I have yet to hear it spin up on the Gigabyte 780G board. Nice price if you already have a HSF and mobo though.

We seem to be the minority :p . Every person here calls me out on this claiming it is like an ATI cooler :D .

We seem to be the minority :p . Every person here calls me out on this claiming it is like an ATI cooler :D .

Personally, the stock cooler is just too noisy for me even when it's not ramping up. I can hear it's annoying buzz from half way across a room easy. I had a 4850 in my HTPC not too long ago that was pleasantly quiet but the 9600GSO I had in there before it was loud as hell.

It's really a personal thing, mostly.

Personally, the stock cooler is just too noisy for me even when it's not ramping up. I can hear it's annoying buzz from half way across a room easy. I had a 4850 in my HTPC not too long ago that was pleasantly quiet but the 9600GSO I had in there before it was loud as hell.

It's really a personal thing, mostly.

I can't hear my 4850/5050e stock cooler over my 1U's :D

Back