UT3 patch and Titan pack revealed?

VorpalBFG

Limp Gawd
Just read about the monster patch Epic is releasing soon for UT3. Looks like there are some promising changes being made. Most interestingly though was the announcement of the "Titan map pack", which is supposedly their largest map pack ever and may include some new game modes. Hopefully Epic has listened the community and are trying to re-establish their reputation among hardcore PC gamers. I'd like to see some sort of battlefield 2 style gameplay added to this game.

Unfortunately I don't think many people play this game. Its to bad because the only reason i go ut04 was to play the Red Orchestra mod. Its a good engine and I feel sorry for the devs of the some of the mods i like built on ut3. Maybe when some of the mods I am watching come out I'll pick up ut3 and there will be enough people to support a few mods.

I'm certainly not going to bank on Epic having listened to the community. Unfortunately, it's fairly clear at this point that they just no longer "get it", not like the dozens of other developers who still have a modicum of respect for the PC platform, anyway.

Still, if they manage to come through, I'll go ahead and pick up a copy or two for the ol' collection.

I bought a couple copies of UT3 just for me and my son to game with a while back, and I wouldn't mind seeing this patch / map pack. UT3 is still pretty fun, although it doesn't rank up there in my top 3 favorites (hasn't been in years).

Still, something like this would help the gamer community get some more life out of it.

Hopefully adds some support to the game, it still looks great and is awesome fun.

I think this is great and will grow those interested in the game such as myself. For a game most folks gave up on it's good to see epic trying to get those gamers back.

. I'd like to see some sort of battlefield 2 style gameplay added to this game.

You and I both :cool: Thats what I expected from the "Warfare" mode when it was announced very early in development, they made it sound like a QuakeWars or BattleField style mode, what happened :rolleyes:

some anti cheat measures would be nice, there are more aimbot users than legit players on the <5 active servers.

Too little too late. Really is a pointless exercise when the online community is nothing but a rotting corpse. People have forgotten this game and moved on to greener pastures.

They are really better off just incorporating all these changes and improvements in a UT3.5, much like what they did with UT2K4, in order to generate interest in it as a completely new iteration.

But who am I to make any suggestions to Epic as to how they market and support their games? Any constructive criticism in their forums promptly results in a perm ban, regardless of how eloquently and objective those criticisms are articulated. I am surprised they are even going to the trouble in view of their palpable disdain for users in the PC market who helped to establish Epic in the first place.

Ah well.

I don't know. Maybe we aren't indicative of gamers in general, but I know quite a few people that have dormant copies of this game. This may give us a reason to install it again. At least for a bit.

Epic is better off releasing a new UT game with all the new features that the community wanted if they want to lure gamers back to the franchise, and offer the same discount they did for UT2004 buyers who owned UT2003 to the poor saps who bought UT3.

i'd play ut3 a few times with the new patch if i got the game for free.. but no way in hell am i buying it.. too much other quality stuff out there to spend time on

They would be better off releasing a PC ONLY version of the game. Something like UT2K9.

I really like this game. I think it is gorgeous and plays great. It is like a trip back to 1999 and the original UT. BUT, NOBODY PLAYS IT! Nobody ever played it, so I stopped playing it. At least, nobody plays capture the flag, which is by far the best mode.

Epic is better off releasing a new UT game with all the new features that the community wanted if they want to lure gamers back to the franchise, and offer the same discount they did for UT2004 buyers who owned UT2003 to the poor saps who bought UT3.

Epic is probably better off financially if they release a stand alone UT3.5 exactly like they did with UT2004. I am happy to hear to that they are following the "bonus pack" tradition and releasing the content for free. At least I hope its free. These guys have been busy with Gears 2 and probably didn't have to go to all this trouble given the age of the game. I am thankful to them and look foward to the content. Of course not everyone is as forgiving as I am.

as siad, release a new game but they had better add new crap cause they would have to work their butt's off to sell it and prove to people it is not another UT3! i still love some UT2004 now and then! UT3 was nice looked good and all, but it just didnt have what UT99 and UT2004 had.

UT2K9, has a nice ring to it. To bad its a little too late for UT 3 + patch. Though EPIC in my eyes is just a relic of the past, there have moved on to "greener" pastures too.

A lot of people play this with bots. Epic's bots are really well done, and from the sound of it they're only getting better. The multiplayer community may be in the toilet at this point, but it can still be a very fun game.

I don't know. Maybe we aren't indicative of gamers in general, but I know quite a few people that have dormant copies of this game. This may give us a reason to install it again. At least for a bit.

I am one of them, I bought this game a few days after release because I loved the other UT games. I played it for about a week before shelving it. This may get me to reinstall it and check it out, but I'm still not expecting it to be one of my regularly played games like 2k3 and 2k4 were.

I really like this game. I think it is gorgeous and plays great. It is like a trip back to 1999 and the original UT. BUT, NOBODY PLAYS IT! Nobody ever played it, so I stopped playing it. At least, nobody plays capture the flag, which is by far the best mode.

This is another reason I stopped playing, all I really liked to do in the previous games is CTF (regular non-vehicle CTF).

This is another reason I stopped playing, all I really liked to do in the previous games is CTF (regular non-vehicle CTF).

lol?

UT1.JPG

Looking forward to it. I picked up UT3 a while back for really cheap, but never got around to playing it really.

Back