There Probably is no Battlefield 3

Blackstone

2[H]4U
I read today's announcement of a console sequel for Battlefield:Bad Company and its expected release date of Q1 2010 to basically be an admission by implication that there is no Battlefield 3 in development. I seriously doubt they have the capability or desire to crank out a Bad Company sequel, AND Battlefield Heroes, AND Battlefield 3.

I think Battlefield Heroes is all we are getting, folks. :mad:

Thoughts?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/03/ea-confirms-mass-effect-2-and-battlefield-bad-company-sequel/

I'm not going to worry that much yet. Article didn't rule it out, or even suggest against it and some of the same resources for a BC sequel could be co-dedicated to BF3, or what would possibly become BF3.

Or the worst thing might happen where they might port the bad company sequel to the pc with unoptimized code ;)

I am just trying to understand EA these days. Are they stupid enough not to realize the potential of BF3? BF Heroes is a joke, I do not see it being nearly as good as other Battlefields, mostly because it doesn't really bring sort of realistic gameplay and offers more laidback gameplay.

4-5 years after release and BF2 is still one of the most played online FPS's on PC. Doesn't that tell you something? Doesn't that show you just how much money you can make off an updated BF2? Seriously, I am completely stumped... If there really is no BF3 this year.....

You are trying to tell me that they are wasting the resources on Heroes instead of developing BF3? Shit....

Nevermind, there are plenty of other games to play! Some of them good.

I am just trying to understand EA these days. Are they stupid enough not to realize the potential of BF3? BF Heroes is a joke, I do not see it being nearly as good as other Battlefields, mostly because it doesn't really bring sort of realistic gameplay and offers more laidback gameplay.

4-5 years after release and BF2 is still one of the most played online FPS's on PC. Doesn't that tell you something? Doesn't that show you just how much money you can make off an updated BF2? Seriously, I am completely stumped... If there really is no BF3 this year.....

You are trying to tell me that they are wasting the resources on Heroes instead of developing BF3? Shit....

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6204059.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;2

i hope there busines dies so that DICE can be there own independant company and start making bf3

Bad Company was actually a pretty damn good game. I enjoyed the multiplayer for a short while. Throw it on the pc with adequate mouse controls, content updates, etc.... and call it a day.

I just want a new version of Battlefield 1942. Same concept, new graphics, a bit better physics engine, maybe an extra class or two, but basically the same game refreshed.

The plan has always been to wait till BF3 for the next major upgrade, so that's fine. Saves me the money.

Bad Company was actually a pretty damn good game. I enjoyed the multiplayer for a short while. Throw it on the pc with adequate mouse controls, content updates, etc.... and call it a day.

yup it was brillient. best console fps MP game out atm imo. pisses over cod4 thats for sure.

had it been released on pc's with 50+ players playing online with fighter jets, that would more or less be BF3 mate.

stupid EA/DICE are too thick to realize how huge that would be.

people wont be pirating that game as much because you cant play pirated copied games online. at least on most servers anyway.

It indeed was, demo was really fun, even online. My problem is that I simply can't stand console controls and I prefer pc games in general. Why the fuck can't they port it???

Thats fine with me. After BF1942, the series went completely down the shiter, kudos once again to EA!

I just want a new version of Battlefield 1942. Same concept, new graphics, a bit better physics engine, maybe an extra class or two, but basically the same game refreshed.

QFMFT I STILL play BF1942 and Desert Combat to this day. Ahh the memories.....

i cant give a damn anymore. CoD4 more than meets my needs.

But i do MISS the vehicles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I changed my mind...

BF3333333333333333333333333!!!!!!!!!

I dont know why but BF heroes just seems to lame to me.

It indeed was, demo was really fun, even online. My problem is that I simply can't stand console controls and I prefer pc games in general. Why the fuck can't they port it???

because EA are console lovers

No matter how hard I try, and I did love BF1942 and DesertCombat, I just can't give a shit about the Battlefield series since the abortion that was BF2.

maybe its all about changing trends in MP games. Maybe most people like mindless MP junk like COD4 that harks back to the days of Quake 1 style DM and players don't have the attention span to want to deal with vehicles and weapon physics and what not. "You mean the tank shell fires in an arc?!?! thats silly!"

Maybe we are getting close the Back to future scene with wild gunman.

Eh, another WWII?
I hope thats false.

What I want to see is either a vietnam based game (that is actually good) or a BF2 remake so it meets 2009-2010 standards. Then it will be gold.
1942 was ok. BF2 was great and still is. 2142 is eh, I might say a step in the wrong direction as far as time setting was. I really didnt like all the futureness but it was still ok.
I have bought every single BF game on PC. I hope they bring it back.

I think BF fans have been clamoring for a worthy BF3 since BF2. To announce a second sequel to Bad Company before it is not only insulting to the community that put them on the map, it is stupid marketing. EA has become a curse to every Developer they enslave. Unless you are already powerful enough to write your own rules (i.e. Valve), EA will destroy your IP's potential and run off with any profits while doing it. I hope they go under.

Agreed.

Would love to see a "remake" (just a good sequel) of BF2, which though I loved and played to death, I simply couldn't tolerate anymore after a while with all the patches, PIA nonsensical "server rules" and tweaks that screwed things up sometimes, and a few other issues.

Almost went back to it, but thought better of it. Was in a few different great clans over the years as well.

I cant stand PunkBuster and all that nonsense. Just one more thing to cause errors.
The lack of widescreen support (and ridiculous reason for it) is also a put-off in terms of going back to it for the mean time.

If they could "duplicate" and improve upon BF2, they'd definitely have another gold mine on their hands. Seems almost brainless not to do so.

Need more good FPS titles!

If they could "duplicate" and improve upon BF2, they'd definitely have another gold mine on their hands. Seems almost brainless not to do so.

Exactly how I feel. An updated BF2 with the improvements new tech has added plus updated content would be great. Larger maps with greater visibility for the pilots. Destructable environments for the Infantry and vehicles to make use of. Latest weapons and vehicles. Real time weapon customization with more unlocks.

Anyway, I don't mean to hijack the thread. Hearing about BC2 rather then BF3 just put me off.

I think BF fans have been clamoring for a worthy BF3 since BF2. To announce a second sequel to Bad Company before it is not only insulting to the community that put them on the map, it is stupid marketing. EA has become a curse to every Developer they enslave. Unless you are already powerful enough to write your own rules (i.e. Valve), EA will destroy your IP's potential and run off with any profits while doing it. I hope they go under.

they are going down http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6204059.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;2

More Bad Company, yay!

Its a small bummer that a PC BF sequel hasn't been announced or shown yet, but as far as I'm concerned, Bad Company serves well as a pseudo BF3. Its great fun at any rate. KBM or not, I'll go where the fun is!

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57100

DICE today confirmed that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is in development, as Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello revealed a few days ago. In addition, the company revealed the development of Battlefield 1943.

Hmmmmmm, I think I'm more excited for the Bad Company 2 PC news myself. 1943 sounds like it's going to be a little dumb-downed from it's 1942 precursor.

In development for PC, PlayStation 3 (through the PlayStation Store) and Xbox 360 (Xbox Live Marketplace) and using the same engine that powers Bad Company 2, Battlefield 1943 will feature 24 player action and three classic Battlefield locations: Wake Island, Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima.

1943 trailer

Hmmmmmm, I think I'm more excited for the Bad Company 2 PC news myself. 1943 sounds like it's going to be a little dumb-downed from it's 1942 precursor.

I don't know how you can possibly make that assessment given the footage and minimal text in that news bit.

The hell.

The consoles are getting Bad Company 2 AND Battlefield 1943?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. Bad Company 2 is going to be released on the PC as well. I'd still prefer a PC-exclusive Battlefield game, though.

Interesting that they both will eventually be released for the PC. That trailer did look good. I know where I'll be this summer.

More Bad Company, yay!

Its a small bummer that a PC BF sequel hasn't been announced or shown yet, but as far as I'm concerned, Bad Company serves well as a pseudo BF3. Its great fun at any rate. KBM or not, I'll go where the fun is!

Bad Company serves as a pseudo BF3 like Gears of War serves as a pseudo Rainbow Six. I understand how you rationalize the two being similar in certain aspects, such as the era of combat they portray, but the way in which they accomplish this are worlds apart. Bad Company 2 =/= BF3.

BF1942 was awesome but BF2 was lame and BF2142 was lame. Not sure if I care about a BF3.

To each their own, but many would disagree with you on BF2 being lame, not sure when you tried it out but if it was anywhere near when it first came out I have no idea why you would think such a thing.

One of my favorite games of all time when it first came out, of course playing it not doesn't feel like it did back then but it's still far from lame

I didn't care much for BF2 either, however with just a nice change in gameplay the game can totally be worth buying. The PR mod made my purchase of BF2 worth it, though I still have spent far more time with BF1942.

I wonder if we're going to see another "no widescreen" lame-ass excuse. :p Since they're making it for consoles I don't see how they'd go this direction *again*.

I'm more a fan of Forgotten Hope 2 myself, I never really liked Project Reality much. Eitherway im looking forward to either.

Also didn't they add widescreen support in a patch I forget

Well this just got PWNED by Battlefield 1943. It looks REALLY dumbed down for console though, with the 24 player cap and only 3 maps. Hell it is an XBOX Live/PSN game!

Back