4870x2@1920x1080 60Hz w/ DX10

kompulsive

Limp Gawd
Has anyone got this to work yet? I'll definitely be back on the phone with ATI tomorrow as they tried to tell me today that it was a problem with the individual games that were working and now I know it is a problem on their end. This is absolutely ridiculous that this card is not working to do the one thing I bought it for. This is highway robbery.

I thought it was working since day one. Am I missing something?

Works fine here too.
Exactly what problems are you having, and with what games?
You might also want to post your system specs, just in case.

I just built this system and I am using a 24" BenQ E24000HD monitor. My desktop resolution is 1920x1080 at 60Hz and it is working fine. I have the latest drivers installed for both my 4870X2 graphics card and monitor. In some games, when I try to select 1920x1080 resolution, my monitor goes completely blank and an "Out of Range" message is displayed by my monitor. In many cases I am forced to hard reset my machine, but sometimes I can CTRL+ALT+DEL out of it. This happens in BioShock, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky and World in Conflict so far. This is so frustrating. I've called BenQ and they told me that my monitor driver is installed just fine and that it has to be an issue with the graphics card, which I believe. ATI told me to contact the game manufacturer because my graphics drivers are all installed fine. To make sure that it wasn't just the games, I installed the Unigine benchmarking program and I experienced the same crashes when using DX10. I feel like a sucker and an idiot. I absolutely cannot figure out what the problem is. I'm going insane here.

I'm about to take a baseball bat and destroy my entire rig, strip down naked, light myself on fire, and run down the street screaming.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1389688&highlight=1080p

My problem, sold my 4870x2 because of this little problem with 1080p and running DX10.

I thought the 9.1 would fix this but nope, so shipping out the X2 to the new owner tomorrow using a backup card until nvidia comes out with their next generation GTX260ish card.

There has to be a way to solve these problems. It is just going to take time for me to troubleshoot it. I simply cannot afford to lose money on selling this card. If anything, I'll try to get a refund but I doubt that will work. How much money did you lose on selling yours?

I have the E2400HD and a 4870. If I use DVI I have the exact same problems. Over VGA and HDMI zero problems. I had not thought about it as a video card problem and directly assumed it was the monitor.

Might be ATI, might be BenQ. For now I'm using HDMI port and all is well. The DVI mode is weird, while trying stuff out I noticed that when it gave me the "out of range" message, If I connected the HDMI cable to the monitor and the second port on my videocard, (i.e. having DVI and HDMI plugged in at the same time) the DVI connection would come back alive and no more out of range... but don't ask me why lol...)

Works fine here with a 37" HDTV. After I selected 1080p60 command in HDTV it worked with no issues (even in crysis and stalker). Using DVI to DVI HDTV. The 37" is a sharp aquos vyper edition.

All attempts at forcing a refresh rate have failed. Yes, the games will run at other resolutions just fine.

Works fine here with a 37" HDTV. After I selected 1080p60 command in HDTV it worked with no issues (even in crysis and stalker). Using DVI to DVI HDTV. The 37" is a sharp aquos vyper edition.

/drool

I'm looking at that TV as a monitor replacement. That thing looks fucking epic.

PLZ2 SHOW ME PICS!!!

I have the E2400HD and a 4870. If I use DVI I have the exact same problems. Over VGA and HDMI zero problems. I had not thought about it as a video card problem and directly assumed it was the monitor.

Might be ATI, might be BenQ. For now I'm using HDMI port and all is well. The DVI mode is weird, while trying stuff out I noticed that when it gave me the "out of range" message, If I connected the HDMI cable to the monitor and the second port on my videocard, (i.e. having DVI and HDMI plugged in at the same time) the DVI connection would come back alive and no more out of range... but don't ask me why lol...)

I'm using the HDMI port to....wait a second....lemme think. I'm going to try this out and see what happens.

Has anyone got this to work yet? I'll definitely be back on the phone with ATI tomorrow as they tried to tell me today that it was a problem with the individual games that were working and now I know it is a problem on their end. This is absolutely ridiculous that this card is not working to do the one thing I bought it for. This is highway robbery.

May the gods have mercy on your soul when you deal with that pack of idiots at ati.I have had dealings with them and figured out my problems on my own.Still use ati not their tech.:D

It's actually really cheap now: only 999
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889101116

The vyper mode is great because it uses a custom chip to accelerate and remove any lag in an lcd as possible ( on my consoels I was able to play guitar hero with NO calibration!!). It has a deticated DVI port (which I used for my pc) and the only thing I had to do was enter the service menu and turn off the color adjust (it would shift colors depending on how light/dark background was). After that I set pixels 1:1 and it has been all been perfect

Playing burnout release on pc that I just bought (love the fact that burnout is finally on pc).

ka4d9v.jpg

35ckktu.jpg

f5c7ma.jpg

2lkv1up.jpg

Stalker. I could make a video if you don't believe me. Also try to set set in HDTV options 30i as well. It may force the 1080p.

25gw5tc.jpg

24dqzuq.jpg

Stalker. I could make a video if you don't believe me. Also try to set set in HDTV options 30i as well. It may force the 1080p.

25gw5tc.jpg

24dqzuq.jpg

I believe you. I tried connecting my monitor to my 4870X2 via HDMI and 1920x1080 worked. The thing is, I find the quality of the connection unacceptable. There is a weird color/contrast distortion for some reason. Also, the games ran with four bars around the picture. The benchmark utility, however, did not have the bars. I guess this means that my monitor is not the problem. So what else does this all mean?

I believe you. I tried connecting my monitor to my 4870X2 via HDMI and 1920x1080 worked. The thing is, I find the quality of the connection unacceptable. There is a weird color/contrast distortion for some reason. Also, the games ran with four bars around the picture. The benchmark utility, however, did not have the bars. I guess this means that my monitor is not the problem. So what else does this all mean?
Bars mean it's underscaling somehow. Did you try that app above? Open it, and right click at task bar bottom right and enable the desktop res.

Back