Fry's has the Phenom II X3 710 and 720 for $114 and $124, respectively

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxc

Extremely [H]
I saw those processors in the glass case tonight. The 720 runs at 2.8GHz and the 710 runs at 2.6GHz. Both are 95W processors.

If Fry's has a $99 special w/motherboard on the 710, I'd pick one up. ;)

Im a decent amd fanboy as well as intel, but after seeing some user previews over at xs, im not exited. :(

Wow nice prices...

May snatch up to go along with the DFI board I have sitting here.

Stock voltages @ 3.6ghz is not that exciting, Well for me atleast, The Price for these things do look more decent.

Stock voltages @ 3.6ghz is not that exciting, Well for me atleast, The Price for these things do look more decent.

3.6 @ stock voltage is not exciting??
You do realize that the stock clocks are like 2600/2800mhz.. that's a healthy OC for stock volts

You do realize that the stock clocks are like 2600/2800mhz.. that's a healthy OC for stock volts

1 ghz on stock volts?! thats mad nice. thats how the e8400's OC.

but this is three cores... maybe AMD has an advantage at that!

Its been done before, so no, not that exciting.

We all remember how the first x3 performed, so who knows.

Come on man, the intel forum is 1 click below AMD's no need to start shit.

Either way 1ghz on stock volts is nice

@Casper- So I shouldn't be impressed by my Core i7 because it offers more performace and better OC'ing than the previous generation because "it's already been done"? That is REALLY good for an AMD processor and I could see a good use for this in a budget ($500-700) gaming/power user box.

That's a nice price, I could see some use for that in my back-up box.
What Fry's where you at may I ask?

I saw them at my local fry's (City of Industry, CA) as well.

They also had a PhII X4 810 for $145. Runs at 2.6GHz I think.

Come on man, the intel forum is 1 click below AMD's no need to start shit.

Either way 1ghz on stock volts is nice

Im not, just because im stating my opinion about these chips and one member telling me that 3.6ghz on stock volts should be impressive to me, im starting ''Shit''?

@Casper- So I shouldn't be impressed by my Core i7 because it offers more performace and better OC'ing than the previous generation because "it's already been done"? That is REALLY good for an AMD processor and I could see a good use for this in a budget ($500-700) gaming/power user box.

Can you read? The ''It has already been done'' was aimed at the 3.6 overclock at stock volts. Can you?

and since then no improvements have been made at all

Once again, can you read? I clearly said three little words kid, ''So who knows''.

I am not exited towards these, like i said, the first x3 were disappointing, but who knows, they might prove to be a challange towards intels core 2 duo lineup. If so we intel users might see more price cuts. ;)

You guys really need to stop taking everything at heart and take it like its a ''intel is better, so im not exited'' post.

Im not, just because im stating my opinion about these chips and one member telling me that 3.6ghz on stock volts should be impressive to me, im starting ''Shit''?

Can you read? The ''It has already been done'' was aimed at the 3.6 overclock at stock volts. Can you?

Once again, can you read? I clearly said three little words kid, ''So who knows''.

I am not exited towards these, like i said, the first x3 were disappointing, but who knows, they might prove to be a challange towards intels core 2 duo lineup. If so we intel users might see more price cuts. ;)

You guys really need to stop taking everything at heart and take it like its a ''intel is better, so im not exited'' post.
Your 'opinion' is flawed.
If an E8400 gets 1ghz overclock on stock volts, it's good, but when an AMD gets 1ghz overclock it's 'meh'
I don't get your logic.

Your 'opinion' is flawed.
If an E8400 gets 1ghz overclock on stock volts, it's good, but when an AMD gets 1ghz overclock it's 'meh'
I don't get your logic.

When did i say that a E8400 getting 1ghz overclock on stock volts was good? Also when did i say for amd it was ''meh''? Its an opinion of mine to say that 3.6ghz overclock on stock volts is not impressive to me.

A $124 AMD chip that can out perform a $165 Intel chip in many applications and overclock 1GHZ on air and stock voltage. So what's to get "exited" about?

As he said he is an Intel user. And this is not an i7 sooooooo........

Move along....nothing to see here.

while the thread's short (it grew very long within the last few days)

what's the point of buying an am3 chip when am3 boards aren't loose yet. i realize you can drop them into an am2+ board, but why not just buy an am2+ chip?

Most likely due to the fact you only can get a 920/940 in AM2+. If someone wants to go at a lower price they can hit up a 710/720 AM3.

Just read the article and still nothing, also, why no gaming benchmarks? :(

I was expecting some decent clocks out of the tri since with 1 less core, it might produce higher clocks under sub zero and so far, all i have seen is 6.0ghz @ 1.8-1.9.

Seeing the price of the phenom 2 920 ($189), If i was on a amd platform, i would just spend the extra $50 on it. Thats not counting what kind of price of deals going around and just that being of newegg's.

I guess you didn't see the 6.5ghz thread. Just chill out guys. You are starting to sound like communist the way you are trying to get him to side with you. Why are you in this thread anyways? Didn't sound like you had anything say about the topic other than you not excited about the product regardless it can do 3.6ghz on stock voltage.

I guess you didn't see the 6.5ghz thread. Just chill out guys. You are starting to sound like communist the way you are trying to get him to side with you. Why are you in this thread anyways? Didn't sound like you had anything say about the topic other than you not excited about the product regardless it can do 3.6ghz on stock voltage.

Cause im stating my opinion about the product, and even if i did not suger coated for your needs.

If you can read unless the posts were deleted due to people acting childish, i clearly sugar coated it a few posts back, so people like you wouldn't react and start sending that pm hate (Which really entertained me).

So let me ask you this, Why are you in this thread acting like a child about my standards towards products? Before this gets into a name calling fest, just stop, its my opinion and if you disagree with it, so be it. Does that make me a fanboy? No, Does that give you the right to criticize it? Sure, but alteast do it in a smart manner. Where it turns into a good conversation. Which mine was and ill gather from other threads, These chips do seem decent for the price tag, but for a bit more, i would lean towards the phenom 2 920 if i was on am2+, one thing i would like to see is these actually succeed so the possibility that intel might do a price drop on their core 2 line up so i can afford one to mess around with under water, Do their performance/overclocks impress me? No, Why u might ask? Cause i have done/seen it before on other cpus being from either amd/intel.

Cause im stating my opinion about the product, and even if i did not suger coated for your needs.

If you can read unless the posts were deleted due to people acting childish, i clearly sugar coated it a few posts back, so people like you wouldn't react and start sending that pm hate (Which really entertained me).

So let me ask you this, Why are you in this thread acting like a child about my standards towards products? Before this gets into a name calling fest, just stop, its my opinion and if you disagree with it, so be it. Does that make me a fanboy? No, Does that give you the right to criticize it? Sure, but alteast do it in a smart manner. Where it turns into a good conversation. Which mine was and ill gather from other threads, These chips do seem decent for the price tag, but for a bit more, i would lean towards the phenom 2 920 if i was on am2+, one thing i would like to see is these actually succeed so the possibility that intel might do a price drop on their core 2 line up so i can afford one to mess around with under water, Do their performance/overclocks impress me? No, Why u might ask? Cause i have done/seen it before on other cpus being from either amd/intel.

Well your opinion is flawed specially if you go by that review. Try these reviews below to see how good these procs accually are.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/amd_am3_phenom_2_performance/
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3512
http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-phenom-ii-x4-810-and-x3-720be-review-am3/
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTYyMSwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Just those 4 websites really show how good the procs are.

The website you linked is a website im sure almost no one on here knows. So it could be skewed.

Stick with real websites with real reviews.

Again your opinion is flawed which is why people call you out.

Well your opinion is flawed specially if you go by that review. Try these reviews below to see how good these procs accually are.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/amd_am3_phenom_2_performance/
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3512
http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-phenom-ii-x4-810-and-x3-720be-review-am3/
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTYyMSwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Just those 4 websites really show how good the procs are.

The website you linked is a website im sure almost no one on here knows. So it could be skewed.

Stick with real websites with real reviews.

Again your opinion is flawed which is why people call you out.

You make me wonder sometimes, If you look back, you will see neoice linking me a review telling me about the proc, which had no gaming benchmarks and had a bad overclocking section.

where in that paragraph did i say anything about a review? I know how it performs, Im i impressed? No. Does that mean intel is better? No. Is just my opinion? Yes. Can it be flawed? Yes. Do you get it?

How im i calling people out? From my post history, if i put 1 & 1 together, it will seem that i just said i was not impressed and people like you trying to show me why i should be, and then saying this aint the intel forum, and so on, How is that calling people out?

Its funny how things make sense and seem to be meant in a different way when you actually Read what people say.

You make me wonder sometimes, If you look back, you will see neoice linking me a review telling me about the proc, which had no gaming benchmarks and had a bad overclocking section.

where in that paragraph did i say anything about a review? I know how it performs, Im i impressed? No. Does that mean intel is better? No. Is just my opinion? Yes. Can it be flawed? Yes. Do you get it?

How im i calling people out? From my post history, if i put 1 & 1 together, it will seem that i just said i was not impressed and people like you trying to show me why i should be, and then saying this aint the intel forum, and so on, How is that calling people out?

Its funny how things make sense and seem to be meant in a different way when you actually Read what people say.

Like i said before, the intel forum is 1 click down in the forums man. Trolling is not needed.

AMD is back with great value products :) its a win/win situation for everyone. Even intely boys like yourself. Since you cannot get the big picture like every other (GOOD) hardware website reviews. It just shows you are trolling man.

Casper, I am just saying man, no need for me to be childish about it. There are plenty of other amd threads out there which you can simply state your oppinion on the product, but this thread is talking about a deal for the product, not the product itself.

Im not being childish, i have already stated my opinon on the deal, which was nothing that would categorize it as trolling, I did however did say that the chip was not impressive for me on overclocking. Which started all this random nonsense and people like the dashit just reading some of my posts and forgetting the rest.

I say this countless of times and i already sent dashit a pm on sylvan so he can get that fixed but it seems its not getting across and just wants to be the winner of the argument in his head.

I give up, i tried getting what i really meant in a non-harsh way without sugarcoating it, and it seems its not getting across.

Any reason to get one of the X3's mentioned rather than the Kuma 7750? The Kuma seems to be a pretty good X2 chip with OC potential.

** Edited**
OK... questioned answered. X3 720 is a better chip than Kuma it appears. :eek:

Any reason to get one of the X3's mentioned rather than the Kuma 7750? The Kuma seems to be a pretty good X2 chip with OC potential.

Kuma is based on the regular 65nm agena Phenom core.

its OC's top out at around 3.4 ghz at most...

they suck down more power than an intel quad

theyre still AM2+

its actually beat out by an Athlon X2 6000+ and 6400+ most of the time...

all while still take more power?

DO NOT get a Kuma

Bit-tech Review

For those who has not seen it yet, im not even gonna say my feelings cause even if their good, im a get the flame hammer. :cool:

I am surprised they only did 1 game test and no overclocking page, but then again, for me the one game i look first in gaming is crysis.

If you read the comments, it might remind you of [H]s First phenom 2 review. ;)

** Edited**
OK... questioned answered. X3 720 is a better chip than Kuma it appears. :eek:

The 710/720 is a hell of a lot better than a 7750. Faster in pretty much every way (especially once you OC it).

Bit-tech Review

For those who has not seen it yet, im not even gonna say my feelings cause even if their good, im a get the flame hammer. :cool:

I am surprised they only did 1 game test and no overclocking page, but then again, for me the one game i look first in gaming is crysis.

What are you talking about? There is three there, crysis, hl2, and fc2.

Bit-tech Review

Why did you even come back to this thread? I thought you "gave up" on your last post.:rolleyes:

There are 3 games in that review, seriously man, just stay in the intel forums, you're not bringing anything to this thread.

The new X3 looks like a very good deal and a respectable overclocker.
Anyone looking to upgrade an aging am2+ system would do well with this and save a few bucks while they are at it.

I like AMD's new strategy, mid-range processors are where the money is. Only issue is die size, if they could make these chips a bit smaller, it would be much better for their finances.
As it is, the way they are binning this new x4 and x3 processors and the prices they are placing them at still stand to benefit everyone.
Having a sub $150 x3 that performs well at stock speeds and can be overclocked pretty nicely is not something to be unimpressed about.

COMPETITION IS GOOD.:D

Why did you even come back to this thread? I though you "gave up" on your last post.:rolleyes:

There are 3 games in that review, seriously man, just stay in the intel forums, you're not bringing anything to this thread.

The new X3 looks like a very good deal and a respectable overclocker.
Anyone looking to upgrade an aging am2+ system would do well with this and save a few bucks while they are at it.

I like AMD's new strategy, mid-range processors are where the money is.
Having a sub $150 x3 that performs well at stock speeds and can be overclocked pretty nicely is not something to be unimpressed about.

COMPETITION IS GOOD.

I clearly said, i give up on getting my point across on how i felt about this chip without sugarcoating it, learn to read kid. The 3 games was my mistake and i confused it with the review said earlyer in the thread. Please if your gonna tell me to go some where, atleast learn to read what i have said.

Alright, since I'm a kid?..
Find another place to troll old woman. you have clearly out stayed your welcome.

How im i trolling? If you give me an example of me trolling, i will send you $5, If you want me to quote all the posts i have said in this thread just ask.

If i recall the ones who got kids riled up was

I am not exited towards these, like i said, the first x3 were disappointing, but who knows, they might prove to be a challange towards intels core 2 duo lineup. If so we intel users might see more price cuts.

I think those are it, you can scroll up if needed but that might be a bit too much reading.

How is that ''Trolling''? I could of clearly stated, ''3.6ghz is nothing for intel lawls lawls lawls'', Which i did not as you can see, which is what most people took it as.

Before this thread gets locked because of random arguments, just stop, Let it be, i said my opinions about the 710/720, if you have a problem with it? Cool send me a pm and we can argue from there instead of acting like little kids on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back