Samsung T220 has image problems and wont let me adjust settings.

CousCous

n00b
When I go to the montior options menu on the right side of the panel and go down to the third option called Image, it lists the display options Coarse, Fine, Sharpness, H-Position, and V-Position. Out of these, all of them say "not available" when I try to adjust them except Sharpness. I also am having problems when watching tv shows or movies when certain colors and contrasts are shown, it will have blocky miscolorations (in the shape of squares) in several parts of the image. I'm thinking its a problem with the image settings or something, since my old CRT doesn't have this problem when displaying the same image. I have never calibrated the monitor or anything and don't really know the best method for doing that, so that might be it.

Sounds like a faulty unit to me. I suggest exchanging it. Settings would not make distortion on the screen unless its just displaying @a low res or something?

I had mine for 2 weeks and never encountered any such problems!

Heres two pictures I took as an example of the color block problem. It usually happens on movies and tv shows, and its not just the file I used for the pics (Scarface). Also, does anyone who has a T220 know how to fix the monitor menu options not being available?

1000931hh9.jpg

1000929zc9.jpg

Back