Recommendation for a socket 754 mobo?

Perm

Weaksauce
Hi all,

I had a couple of older setups around the house and recently not one, but both motherboards fried. :( (We have an issue with lightning around here.)

Both setups were AMD Athlon 64 Socket 754. So I have some leftover parts:
4x1GB 3200DDR RAM (Corsair 250 pin)
2xAthlon 64 3200+ CPU (socket 754)
2xNvidia 6800 GT OC (AGP)
(various hdds and sound cards)

I was thinking I'd try to find one motherboard and sort of use the best of all of these parts to serve a few other needs computer needs I have around the house. Trouble is, I can't seem to find any socket 754 motherboards for sale at a retail store any longer.

Can anyone recommend several variety/brands/models of socket 754 motherboards that can utilize the above parts, and I can actually *find* at a location other than ebay? I'll only use ebay as a last resort, simply because I don't like shipping old motherboards across the country/world only to have them be damaged or otherwise not work as advertised. It's more trouble than it's worth in this case.

Also, I plan on posting in buy/sell/trade forum, but my post count isn't 50 yet...

Thanks for the response, but not sure if you read my entire post. Anywhere to buy a mobo that *isn't* ebay?

ebay is kind of my last resort. :)

There are no good 754 boards you can buy "new" from any reputable dealer. Look for yourself, they simply don't exist as far as I could find. It's been that way for a year or more already.:(

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but 754 parts command a bit of a premium right now. You are probably best off just selling what you've got and picking up a couple cheap AM2 combos with some nearly free after rebate DDR2.

Decent AGP cards can be sold for $30-$40, the chips will get you a bit more. Pick up a CPU/motherboard combo and get a 2x1GB DDR2 kit today for $20 AR. Drop one stick in each for now. Then wait for the good (nearly free) after rebate RAM specials to run dual channel.

I know you weren't looking to hear that, but you'll have way more computer in the end, possibly for less money. And you'll be able to upgrade later. Carpe diem.

I have a Abit NF8-V if you have any interest, ran great when I pulled it out about 4 months ago from my old HTPC setup.

Back