Hardware Reserved Memory issues EVGA X58 SLI

debello_64

Gawd
I have and issues under Windows 7 X64 that it reserving a large chunk of my RAM for a reason I don't understand. Out of the 12GB installed Windows 7 x64 says that 8202 MB are Hardware Reserved, 1506MB are in use and 2459 are standby.

Intel i7 920
EVGA X58 3X SLI (BIOS E758SZ1N)
12GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1600

Is Windows 7 X64 just miss reading the information or is it really only recognizing 4GB of RAM?

3539z7l.jpg

Figured it out:

Simply you cant run 12GB of RAM on the board at 1600, have to run at 1333 or 1066. If 1600 is selected then it will only reconize 4gb of RAM.

Debello, i have not seen 12GB and 1600mhz really be an issue. It could have something to do with a bad stick somewhere in your configuration not liking either the timings or the voltage since you are running 6 sticks instead of 3. I have seen 12GB running at 1600mhz just fine so i do not believe that it is an issue with the motherboard just yet.

Try running your ram at 2:8 and if you're overclocking make sure that you are running it at 1.6 since when you OC it the ram might over volt.. Also make sure you're running 2T and not 1T

I think it lot to do Win7 64 Bit it self. What I have understand Win7 have strange way of Copy all the Hardware resources and 64Bit memory foot print into System Resources.
I do not think it is hardware Malfuntion or incomptablity as it is been mention.
Would you please post following screen of yours to see How much memory Win7 have to its disposal ?
Win7.jpg

With help from the guys over on the EVGA forum I have the RAM working correctly.

j961oz.png

Not currently running the RAM at 1600, I just wanted to make sure I was able to. Working on the CPU overclock right now, Ill get back to the memory later.

Would you pleasetell me what you all have done it to fix it or Shoot me the Link please
Thanks
Mir :)

I had to change the CPU Uncore Frequency (Mhz) from Auto to an actual setting. While Patriot recommended a DIM voltage of 1.65v for it to run at 1600, I had to push it up to 1.7v to get it stable.

i havea 1600mhz fsb on my dfi x48 and it recognizes all teh ram. what is the uncore freq? i sort ofh ave an idea but not sure

Back