OCZ EliteXstream recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorick

n00b
I just got an email from zip zoom fly:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for shopping with ZipZoomFly! We regret to inform you that the manufacturer, OCZ, has decided to recall the following product(s) which you may have ordered:

10008587, OCZ OCZ800EXS 800W SLI/CrossFire Active Power Supply Retail

10008588, OCZ OCZ1000EXS 1000W SLI/CrossFire Active Power Supply Retail

For a replacement for a non-defective model of the power supply you ordered, or additional details on the recall, please contact OCZ at 1-408-733-8400.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. You can also contact us if you have any questions.

Regards,

ZipZoomFly Customer Service.

510 897-1890 x2200

Weird thing is, I called ocz and the people just said it was discontinued and that there is nothing wrong with the power supply, I've checked around and found alot of people having these powers supplies having failures. Is it safe to keep running it?

No power it down & pull the plug immediately, you don't recall unless you have a disaster about to happen! :(

thats what i thought too, however when i called the ocz guys they insisted that there was no problem with it and that it was merely an EOL, why would they end their current top of the line series? Makes no sense if there's nothing wrong with it. Anyone know any ocz reps that can help?

thats what i thought too, however when i called the ocz guys they insisted that there was no problem with it and that it was merely an EOL, why would they end their current top of the line series? Makes no sense if there's nothing wrong with it. Anyone know any ocz reps that can help?
I tried calling OCZ, but the lines are busy, I wonder why...

u're right.. i tried calling again to talk to someone else and i can't get ahold of someone.. and i've tried 5 times, anyone else got this email btw?

I had mine die a few months back. I had the 800w version, they sent me a 1000w Modular replacement. Glad I got mine in before the "rush", haha

they have a 1000w modular model? i don't see one on their website? did they send u a pc power n coolin one?

i shall do just that. Thanks alot guys.. hopefully the ocz forums will have some answers

i shall do just that. Thanks alot guys.. hopefully the ocz forums will have some answers

Don't hold your breath there.

I was a big OCZ fan, but when I went to their forums with concerns over how LOUD my 1000PXS unit was, I was told "It's not a whisper quiet unit." So I started following reviews and customer feedbacks on the units. Apparently they're all loud as hell.

And OCZ goes to each of those reviews and says the same "It's not whisper quiet". Sorta rude to pass off "screaming loud" as "not whisper quiet."

I wound up modding it myself. Took out that piece of crap 80mm fan they had in there, put a "whisper quiet" 80mm on the other side and a 120mm with an adapter on the outside. Now it's Whisper Quiet.

Good luck though!

In case anyone cares I am thrillled with my Corsair running a Quad Core and GTX 295.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back