Side Angle Sata?

fantomau

2[H]4U
Not sure if this is the place to post this.

I was wondering if anyone knew if theres a way to make a sata cable like this usb cable HERE

Or is it even possible?

I don't know if it's possible, but you could check out satacables.com to see if they have one.

LOL, I dont want a straight, right or left angle cable. I saw that USB cable and was wondering if there was a SATA cable like that.

As much as I appreciate the LOL, a simple clarification on just what you were looking for would have been far more respectful to someone attempting to help you out.

As for your side angle extension cable, if you're comfortable with soldering and light mods, you could always take a sata extension cable, desolder the wires from the leads, cut into the connector to approach the head from the side, and resolder the wires from the side approach. The connectors are pretty tough to mod well, but it's certainly been done before.

As much as I appreciate the LOL, a simple clarification on just what you were looking for would have been far more respectful to someone attempting to help you out. ...

You obviously didn't look at the image in the link, lol. Don't worry, I do the same thing... and I react the same way, lol. :p

fantomau, when you find one, LEMME KNOW! ;) :D

Bleh, was having a bad hour at that point, please disregard stupidity. I'm kinda curious what you would need a side angle sata cable for where a 90 degree cable wouldn't work.

It just makes for better routing of sata cables, depending on your drive location.

I've always wondered this myself (and was just about to start my own thread). I would love to have SATA cables like this so I don't have to do any twisting to route cables behind the motherboard tray. Instead the cables would easily go sideways for easy bundling.

I don't like right-angle cables because they're hard to remove.

In case anyone is still looking for this...

$4.25 - FrozenCPU Sata Male to Sata Female 90°Adapter (OSA27)

In case anyone is still looking for this...

$4.25 - FrozenCPU Sata Male to Sata Female 90°Adapter (OSA27)

i wish it was both for power and data cable would have been much nice. i've been looking for one and just found data cable. this would make sweet deal for both ODD and HDD/SSD cable management much more reliable.

i wish it was both for power and data cable would have been much nice. i've been looking for one and just found data cable. this would make sweet deal for both ODD and HDD/SSD cable management much more reliable.

3yrs later... you'd think they'd have one by now, huh? :p

Back