Unacceptable

Kendrak

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2009
This is not good.

Yes I know that this is probably temporary.

[H] we are better than this.

notgood.jpg

Now add your "D" and Borg!

we need a challange to spark interest.. and there just isnt anyone out there that can really challenge us for number 1.. what we need to do is go around to these top 5 groups and get a challenge going and then get a battle on our hands.. thats when you will get people to really up the "D"..

that and i noticed no ones posting anything on the news section of hardocp about folding@home anymore.. why is that?

Could this be the affects of the 590X WUs? If so, everyone else should be showing similar trends... I know my ppd yesterday was about the lowest it's been since my PSU failure almost 2 months ago, and if the 1600 pernts for the 5902 don't show up today, I may not break 2500 on the day (dropping my 4500 ppd average like hell)...

If only my work computer had a PCIE slot I could borg! :D

Could this be the affects of the 590X WUs? If so, everyone else should be showing similar trends... I know my ppd yesterday was about the lowest it's been since my PSU failure almost 2 months ago, and if the 1600 pernts for the 5902 don't show up today, I may not break 2500 on the day (dropping my 4500 ppd average like hell)...

If only my work computer had a PCIE slot I could borg! :D

you can.. HD3850 AGP..

I've been wondering about that trend. I remember a few months ago we were trying to hit 3.5 and by the looks of it, we're barely at 3 :(

BTW, Origami Master is folding nicely in her new digs. She'll be joined tomorrow by 3xGTX285's :D

My two boxes, two laptops, and PS3 are still churning up wu's. :)

We must of added over a 100+ GPU's since that date, this trend has to be due to a certain type of WU instead of declining members...

WU effect all teams the same.

Evga team still gains.

Wish I could help more... doing what I can with the borged boxens I still have crunching, but it ain't much guys...

I think what we need here is a few cold beers and a couple tamales:)

You've got some help on the way.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Geforce 9800GX2 GPU Client

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Geforce 8800GTS GPU Client

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 8800GTX GPU Client

And some help from my Skulltrail when its idle. :cool: I've got three Geforce GTX 280's in that. I can't run that all the time. The heat it puts out into my office gets to be too much running that full time.

WU effect all teams the same.

Evga team still gains.
The recent EVGA ramp is attributed wholly to SMP WUs, which haven't really changed all that much in value for a while. One wouldn't think that a team with the name of EVGA would be deriving a lot of its output from server SMP units, but 'tis true.

I'm giving it all I can afford.

I went from 7 KPD to roughly 15+ KPD. There is some qualification to this, still waiting for ave PPD to stabilize, and I'm trying (with crashing) to squeeze the last little bits out of it. If only nVidia and Stanford could ever figgure out how to get full performance out of a second card that has less shaders than the primary.

Old:
GTX260 192 @ 1458 shaders
Celeron D @ 3.2G
Turion @ 2G
Mobile dual core @ 1.8
8800M

new:
Q9650 @ 3.6G
GTX260 216 @ 1458 Shaders
GTX260 192 @ 1458 Shaders (crippled to around 75% due to has less shaders than the 216)
8800GS @ stock for now.

I'm quitting folding on lappies, it just does not work well.

Waiting on the mailman for the Thermalright TRUE that will let the Q9650 breath a bit better and run closer to 4G. It's a shame about the mixed shader count, I thought that that bug only affected nVidia chipsets, but it seems to strike me on my x48 as well.

barnettworks' production is due entirely to SMP WUs though, so the slower GPU units don't affect him.

Should be running two GPU clients, not one ;).

Still getting everything configured. :cool:

And some help from my Skulltrail when its idle. :cool: I've got three Geforce GTX 280's in that. I can't run that all the time. The heat it puts out into my office gets to be too much running that full time.

did i mention that i hate you already? ;)

glad to see that you finally have joined us :)

did i mention that i hate you already? ;)

glad to see that you finally have joined us :)

I've folded for the team in the past, but I never got everything running during my last round of upgrades, formats, etc.

I think if we did a recruit drive or contest it might be a good way to up the points alot! :D i'd like to give evga something to think about!!!

I've folded for the team in the past, but I never got everything running during my last round of upgrades, formats, etc.

:shakeshead: see this is what happens when you dont post in here.. you fall between the cracks... quit being a stranger :p

:shakeshead: see this is what happens when you dont post in here.. you fall between the cracks... quit being a stranger :p

Yeah I know. :p

I wonder how many PPD I can pull off with all the hardware I'm running. Guess I'll be finding out.

How about some front page lovin' about this subject?

STEVE?

I know my ppd should be going up a few k (cross your fingers) as long as I keep getting the 590X work units. The 576X ones were killing me. *knock on wood* I haven't had to restart my GPU client in a couple days.

Also, I am not sure if this is a cause or not, but the [H]ard Distributed Computing team has diversified a bit in the last few months and through the [H] DC Commandos we might have shifted some of our focus. We just need to replace some of the output of the Commandos. My feeling is they are still here and will hop over to Folding if there is ever any REAL threat to our crown.

I know my ppd should be going up a few k (cross your fingers) as long as I keep getting the 590X work units. The 576X ones were killing me. *knock on wood* I haven't had to restart my GPU client in a couple days.

Also, I am not sure if this is a cause or not, but the [H]ard Distributed Computing team has diversified a bit in the last few months and through the [H] DC Commandos we might have shifted some of our focus. We just need to replace some of the output of the Commandos. My feeling is they are still here and will hop over to Folding if there is ever any REAL threat to our crown.

Absolutely we will!
Any team gets near us at the top of the FAH charts and we will be there in an instant.
We are and always will be here for the all mighty [H]orde !

If I can get gpu folding running under linux I have a spare 8800 GTX that I could add....... I have started running a few more clients on my boxes my ppd should jump from 6K to a little over 12k

My folding boxen have been chugging aways steadily for the last few weeks.
My internet connection on the other hand could be up for a day or more, or I might have to reboot it four times a day.
You can tell the days I've had a bad connection by the drop in PpD.

Luck ............ :D

I am not sure what the problem with folding is. I know I have suggested it a couple times to people in the video card forum and quite often someone will swoop in and tell the person I mentioned it to that Folding is just a waste of power etc etc.

Steve gives us the front page pimpage on occasion, and that helps I think. The person with the real power here is Kyle though. Maybe with some clearance from Jason on atlasfolding, he can write up a quick explanation. or, one of us could and Kyle could just post it. I think showing some of the users here that Kyle sort of endorses F@H would do more for our cause than others.

Why does Kyle not put a folding FAQ or thread in the video card forum?

It's generally a bad idea... We tried before to spark some discussion about folding in the Intel/AMD/Video forums and it always end in a flamefest. That's why we confine the infos to here along with the occasional FPP.

By the way, I'm sorry to be a bit quiet lately... I have a lot in my mind so I had to take care of them first ;)

The trend line has been spiking in the right direction now the last couple days. And barnettworks has dropped under 200K.

I'm switching to the SMP clients later today on two PC's (AMD 4400X2 and a Core2Duo 6800), which should help out a little more.

And working on a server that will use a couple more GPU clients and another SMP.

I am not sure what the problem with folding is. I know I have suggested it a couple times to people in the video card forum and quite often someone will swoop in and tell the person I mentioned it to that Folding is just a waste of power etc etc.

Yeah, don't ya' just love it when some jerkoff, that's definitely "a bubble outa' plumb" or has the personality of a cucumber (most cases both) When he/she/what runs otta' "dog pound dog shows" to judge decides, although millions of peeps use DCing worldwide, only the "oh so intelligent ones" like them (I think they're "dumber than a box of rocks"), are aware DCing is a waste of electricity, a big increase in global warming and it's really just a secret conspiracy to break the code used by E2 D2's and wife when they're talkin' on the phone (maybe they use dirty language :eek:) Oh yeah, did I mention those Docs at USC, Stanford, ETC don't know what the f*ck they're talkin' about and DCing really doesn't do anything ? (these deck monsters have gots to be kiddin' me) :rolleyes:

What they need, notice I said they, I already believe in DCing and not to ease drop on E2 D2's phone conversations, is some rational, accurate and unimpeachable description of just what DCing does (included of course is F@H) :D

Gots to make it very simple, try to use "one syllable words" :p

DCing for the CURE

This sure is a tough crowd! Well, it seems like the point drop might be over. Team 33 was back up to 3.4M ppd yesterday.

Yes, very good news. I actually got 10k points for the first time since the beginning of January the other day. I was getting really close to that as a PPD when all of the sudden the bottom dropped. We are back to top PPD as a team right?

Back