OC'ing an XFX GeForce 9300 (MI-9300-7AS9)?

EazyM3

Limp Gawd
Anyone else got this board? I was able to OC my e7300 to 3.1GHz pretty easy but I can't get passed 2.88GHz using my Q9400 (stock is 2.66GHz). I am using (4) 2G Crucial DDR2-800 (PC2-6400) 4-4-4-12 and have my CPU underwater. What gives?

As you may know, this board does not allow you to modify tour CPU, NB, or DRAM voltage. :confused: I'm not expecting a lot, but if I could get passed 3.0GHz stable, I'd be pretty happy.

Maybe you just have a voltage hungry CPU that needs even a little kick to get up to 3Ghz and beyond.

Anyone else got this board? I was able to OC my e7300 to 3.1GHz pretty easy but I can't get passed 2.88GHz using my Q9400 (stock is 2.66GHz). I am using (4) 2G Crucial DDR2-800 (PC2-6400) 4-4-4-12 and have my CPU underwater. What gives?

As you may know, this board does not allow you to modify tour CPU, NB, or DRAM voltage. :confused: I'm not expecting a lot, but if I could get passed 3.0GHz stable, I'd be pretty happy.

you cant modify ANY voltage? That doesn't sound right, especially it being an XFX board.

Can you adjust your memory timings/divider? I'm not sure how well that memory will clock as you increase the FSB unless you're running a divider, especially at Cas 4 timings.

As you can see here, I can't set any of the voltages--they are all set to AUTO and I can't manipulate them.

IMG_1864_Medium.jpg

The HIGHEST stable speed I've been able to achieve so far is a 1440 FSB. Anything higher than 1440 FSB and the PC crashes after running prime. As you can see, all I configure is 1440 FSB in "Linked" mode.

IMG_1857_Medium.jpg

If I use "Unlink" mode, I am not entirely sure what FSB I should use? Is "Unlink" mode better?

IMG_1857_Medium.jpg

Or should I configure the FSB/DRAM Ratio?
If I set it to Auto, it "Adjusted DRAM turns to 869.
If I set it to 1:1, it "Adjusted DRAM turns to 1449.
If I set it to 5:4, it "Adjusted DRAM turns to 1159.
If I set it to 3:2, it "Adjusted DRAM turns to 966.
If I set it to Sync Mode, it "Adjusted DRAM turns to 1449.

For example,
IMG_1861_Medium.jpg

What about that overclock jumper they're talking about on top? Maybe you have to move the jumper and then it will allow voltage adjustments.

What about that overclock jumper they're talking about on top? Maybe you have to move the jumper and then it will allow voltage adjustments.

The OC jumper is already on (red LED on board is on). When it is off, I can't make any adjustments at all.

Just out of curiosity, does XFX have a Windows based OCing tool like eVGA does?

As you can see here, I can't set any of the voltages--they are all set to AUTO and I can't manipulate them.

IMG_1864_Medium.jpg

The HIGHEST stable speed I've been able to achieve so far is a 1440 FSB. Anything higher than 1440 FSB and the PC crashes after running prime. As you can see, all I configure is 1440 FSB in "Linked" mode.

IMG_1857_Medium.jpg

If I use "Unlink" mode, I am not entirely sure what FSB I should use? Is "Unlink" mode better?

IMG_1857_Medium.jpg

Or should I configure the FSB/DRAM Ratio?
If I set it to Auto, it "Adjusted DRAM turns to 869.
If I set it to 1:1, it "Adjusted DRAM turns to 1449.
If I set it to 5:4, it "Adjusted DRAM turns to 1159.
If I set it to 3:2, it "Adjusted DRAM turns to 966.
If I set it to Sync Mode, it "Adjusted DRAM turns to 1449.

For example,
IMG_1861_Medium.jpg

Ok just so you know those settings set to Auto that are grayed out can be changed use the + or - keys on numlock pad to do this...I am still having alot of trouble with this board.

I would like to set the ram timings so I can really get the 5-5-5-4 like advertised with the RAM I bought

Thanks a lot jbuchert! I know it's not great, but now I'm able to OC my q9400 to 3.0Ghz. I know that ain't that great compared to everyone else, but thanks for helping me out.

EasyM3, what BIOS are you running in your XFX 9300? I went and got the latest BIOS from the XFX site, and I dont get any OC/voltage options. I am interesting in boosting my Q6600 a bit as well.

Sorry for the old bump :-x

Thanks

Back