XFX GTX260 (free FarCry 2) $148 AR + live cashback

this deal has been discussed a few times in the other gtx260 threads and the 12% tigerdirect thread. thanks for putting it by itself though, i feel it is a good deal, i got in on this deal and received mine on thursday and it is running pretty well.

have it running at 752/1247/1550 currently in rthdribl at 1920x1120 (lower than 1200 due to the area the window covers at the top and bottom). 55nm version.

I managed to use Firefox to get the 12% CB link.

So yeah, does anyone think I could fit one of these in an Antec Superlanboy?

Thanks everyone!!

I have an Antec lanboy case. I think it will fit.

Rebate ends on the 31st so hurry.

First time using cashback. Not sure how Microsoft affords it. I'm curious

This card is going to be 10.5 inches long. I don't know the space for your lanboy case.

How do you guys get that 12% cash back after you searched, clicked the link, and made the purchase? Do you have to use the live email or can you use another email account?

How do you guys get that 12% cash back after you searched, clicked the link, and made the purchase? Do you have to use the live email or can you use another email account?

You need to use the email account you registered with Live.com...

You need to use the email account you registered with Live.com...

Thanks for that info, Z(+)DIAC. Brand spanking new at this. So am grateful for the support.

OK, from there, how does one redeem the 12% cash back? Directly from Tigerdirect? from from Live.com?

Thanks for that info, Z(+)DIAC. Brand spanking new at this. So am grateful for the support.

OK, from there, how does one redeem the 12% cash back? Directly from Tigerdirect? from from Live.com?

wait for 60 days,
they will send you an email if you cash back available.
then you can request check, direct deposit or paypal.

Great deal if you pawn FarCry 2 for $20.

It's going to be tough to do that, considering it's selling for $15 at Steam. Plus, if you sell it online, you'll have to pay to ship it.

So, good deal if you were going to buy FC2 anyway. Otherwise, you'll only get $10 or so net for FC2.

I've owned a LANBoy case ... hate to break it to you guys, but I don't think it'll fit. If you drill out the HDD bays, maybe, but at stock ...

Very interesting process. Thanks. Looks like its another form of rebate.

Basically, but at least for me it's worked so far. And because the source isn't a credit card Paypal doesn't charge fees for it (at least under my account). Next best thing to getting a check in the mail, as you can request one from paypal, but significantly better than these payed-visa rebates we're getting now.

I've owned a LANBoy case ... hate to break it to you guys, but I don't think it'll fit. If you drill out the HDD bays, maybe, but at stock ...

It won't fit, It's very close but it won't fit. I have read you have to remove the harddrives cage to get it in there.

The connectors are on the side of the card which is nice.

The connections for power are on the side of the card so you shouldn't have to move anything.
No, if they were on top, you wouldn't have to move anything.

Since they're on the side, they're going to jam right into the hard drive cage.

No, if they were on top, you wouldn't have to move anything.

Since they're on the side, they're going to jam right into the hard drive cage.

Nah they are not on the side of the harddrive case. They are on on the long side of the card.

I am talking about super lanboys. They have the blue plastic in the front of the front fan.

The other lanboy case is much easier to take the harddrive bays out.

It's going to be tough to do that, considering it's selling for $15 at Steam. Plus, if you sell it online, you'll have to pay to ship it.

So, good deal if you were going to buy FC2 anyway. Otherwise, you'll only get $10 or so net for FC2.
I never said it would be easy. Not to mention the $15 Steam deal is just a temporary weekend deal.

Hey, Guys,

Thought this supposed to come with Far Cry 2. But my item came by itself, nothing else. How do you most of you get your game along with the item? Thanks.

I bought the card from New Egg, but the game came in the box. Just a CD in a paper sleeve with the key on the back.

Are you guys sure about it not fitting a Superlanboy? I found photos of a guy who managed to get a 9800gtx in there. Mind you it barely cleared the HDD cage but...

fnl09_26.jpg

fnl09_29.jpg

fnl09_28.jpg

Last edited:
Both cards are the same length 10.5 inches but some ppl are saying they sawed out the hardrive case.

Mine didnt fit, i had to use a saw to remove part of the harddrive holders

Back