dell perc 5i.

OmegaAvenger

2[H]4U
Will it work my Ga-m57sli-s4 motherboard? Its amd motherboard with an nvidia chipset.
the 570 to be exact.

The only issues I know of are with some Intel chipsets. But both of my Intel based Mobos worked fine with my Perc 5i. I have an Asus P5k P35 based and a Biostar P45 based Mobo and the Perc 5 worked with both of them.

Don

The only issues I know of are with some Intel chipsets. But both of my Intel based Mobos worked fine with my Perc 5i. I have an Asus P5k P35 based and a Biostar P45 based Mobo and the Perc 5 worked with both of them.

Don

Thats what I was able to find too. However I found that supermicro just started selling a controller that does what I need it too (I dont really need raid, just JBOD w for WHS), so i'll give one of those a shot first.

Thanks for your reply though.

O yea if your doing WHS, then the Supermicro AOC Sat2-MV8 or SASLP-MV8 would be a great choice.

Well, if you already have the Perc, it is a caching controller, so it will speed up all reads writes, even JBOD drives. But I guess that is not really an issue for a simple file server.

Don

Back