OCZ Vertex - TRIM command

New Vertex firmware that works with the new OCZ TRIM utility will be released this week. TRIM command utility will be released when they are done testing the 64bit version.

OCZ, you guys rock.

God news, but we also need an MB bios (for ICH10R is the only i care about) so it will be usable for us raidguys, as the way i read it the raid issue is a bios thing of the raidcontroller. Time for ASUS to fix it ASAP.

im planning on building a i7 920 with a p6t board. i have 2 vertex drives i just ordered the other day from the egg. will ihave any problems with a raid 0 setup?

im planning on building a i7 920 with a p6t board. i have 2 vertex drives i just ordered the other day from the egg. will ihave any problems with a raid 0 setup?

Raid 0 with Vertex's should be fine. Make sure you visit OCZ forums for in-depth SSD set-up guides. New firmware will be released this week so make sure you flash your Vertex's when you get them.

The only issue with a raid set up is that the TRIM command utility will not work. As E.R. already mentioned, this has to be implemented at the raid controller level.

This shouldn't be a deal breaker, IMO, since I'm sure you'll see new raid controllers that will support TRIM in the near future.

Till then, have fun with your blazing fast Vertex RAID 0 set up!

Back