XFX GX260NADFF GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 $159.99 AR FS @ the EGG

yeah i got this the other day. my card arrives tomorrow. free far cry 2 and cod waw did it for me

Last edited:
I'm in for one right now.

yeah i got this the other day. my card arrives tomorrow. free far cry 2 and cod wow did it for me

It's a bummer though, I had seen that deal and I actually wanted both games too. I guess the 5% off code (-$10) offsets the fact that they're no longer bundling FC2 & CoD:WaW (pretty sure the code went up soon as those were dropped, around yesterday)... With the code it's as cheap as the MSI GTX 260, granted that one's pre-OC'd but you can't argue with XFX's warranty & support. Code expires on the 15th btw! (tomorrow)

Edit: lol I still have the card on my shopping cart (added a few days ago when they were offering it w/the games) and the free CoD 'NV gift CD' or whatever still shows up there, and the total cost is still the same, $199.99. I applied the promo code and it took off the $10... Gonna push the order thru and see it works, guess I'll get it for $159.99 AR with CoD:WaW after all. :D

Last edited:
Yeah I ordered last night and it should be here in an hour. Takes only 24 hours to ship if it comes from the NJ warehouse for me. :D

Deal is still good even though it does not advertise that it comes with the games, when you add to cart it works. Best deal I have seen for this card. AR + sell off the games it will come out to $100-120 shipped.

Your buyers must be pretty fckin' dumb to buy an OEM copy of the game for $40-60.

Deal is still good even though it does not advertise that it comes with the games, when you add to cart it works. Best deal I have seen for this card. AR + sell off the games it will come out to $100-120 shipped.

You're right, there was a small problem with my order and I had to re-submit it and I noticed that when I added the card to my cart it still adds the game (CoD WaW at 'least) to my cart automatically even though it's not advertised anywhere on Newegg's product page, neat. Wonder how often that happens, where a card comes with a free game(s) and they neglect to mention it anywhere...

My first order actually didn't end up taking the promo code but they told me over the phone it'd be added manually, however when I re-submitted it (had entered some CC info wrong) the promo code worked.

Probably the best value amongst all 4870 & GTX 260 cards at Newegg right now... XFX + free game + rock bottom price, hard to beat! -$10 off code valid 'till tomorrow, grab it while it's hot.

I'd love to buy this card to upgrade from my 8800gt but I already spent my money buying an external HDD. If I got a gtx 260 will I be able to run most games on max settings at 1440x900?

Last edited:
I have one, got it a month ago.

I'm very tempted to put in a 2nd for the Chimp Challenge coming up.

I'd love to buy this card to upgrade from my 8800gt but I already spent my money buying an external HDD. If I got a gtx 260 will I be able to run most games on max settings at 1440x900?

At that rez this card should kill everything you throw at it. If you head up to 1680x1050 or 1920x1080 you might start to have to play with settings some.

Figured I'd jump on this. Just ordered 2 to run in SLI. Thanks OP!

I'm in for one to replace my HD4870 that I can't get to work right (driver issues).

At that res you'd be able to get away with a 4850, easily, for just over $100.

At that res you'd be able to get away with a 4850, easily, for just over $100.

I've never been a fan of limiting my upgrade choices to the hardware I currently have, it's always changing anyway.

'Course they are, they're advertised as such. Still waiting for mine here, but I did go for ground shipping and it was a big order, it's been stuck in FL all day as far as UPS is concerned... Guess I'll get it Monday, ho hum, might not even be able to play with it 'till the following weekend if that's the case, between work/school, sigh.

Where do you see that advertised? Reviews indicate a mix of 55nm and 65nm

Those reviews are often copy/pasted from the old version to the new one when they eliminate the old model and such, if Newegg is advertising it as a core 216 card (i.e. 55nm), then it's gonna be a core 216 / 55nm card... And if it isn't you have the right to return it. It clearly states under the specs that it's a core 216 card, in fact, when you search for GTX 260 cards you even have the option of filtering between core 192 and core 216 cards... The only core 192 cards they've had left for months have been a couple EVGA cards anyway.

Edit: Hrm, there were actually 65nm core 216 card for a while? (Sept-Dec according to Wikipedia) I was under the impression that all core 216 cards were 55nm, guess you can ignore me then... Dunno where I got that notion. They do specify some cards are 55nm (pretty sure I saw it on an ASUS) but you're right, this one doesn't say so explicitly. /shrug

Last edited:
On average I'm sure we'll see more 55nm cards as that is the latest revision. The price is great either way.

Yeah, being XFX and coming in at the same price as the next cheapest GTX 260 (with a game to boot), I don't think I'd care too much if it was a 65nm part, though I'm still gonna check the second I get it. :p

I don't really care. I'm moving from an 8800GTX so no matter what... this card is a big step up.

Back