Newegg.com Video Card Mega Sale

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

VGA Mega Sale

XFX PVT98GYDLU GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
$134.99 - $5.00IR - $20.00MIR - $20.80 promo code "HARDOCPVGA4241" = $89.19 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 4/30/09

XFX GX260NADFF GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
$204.99 - $5.00IR - $30.00MIR - $12.00 promo code "HARDOCPVGA4242" = $157.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 4/30/09

SAPPHIRE 100245HDMI Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
$139.99 - $20.00IR - $20.00MIR - $10.00 promo code "HARDOCPVGA4243" = $89.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 4/30/09

SAPPHIRE 100248L Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
$74.99 - $15.00IR - $10.00MIR - $10.00 promo code "HARDOCPVGA4244" = $39.99 with $7.00 shipping
Promo Expires on 4/30/09

EVGA 512-P3-1150-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
$134.99 - $5.00IR - $10.00 promo code "HARDOCPVGA4246" = $119.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 4/30/09

:eek: Prices subject to change without notice.

Last edited:
Lovely GTX 260 price, but grrr MIRs.

It's XFX too...for some reason, I have the worst luck with their cards :( Service is great, but the cards die early for me. Oh well, I think I would have to get a new PSU to support it (8-pin power connectors now?), and that's too much atm.

4850 Looks pretty sweet to me, trying to hold off buying a video card till the next round comes out... in 6 months grrr (last i heard at least for nvidia was mid oct), not sure on amd.

Lovely GTX 260 price, but grrr MIRs.

I've heard XFX is pretty good w/rebates, we'll see. I ordered that card last week (with a 10% code they were running at the time rather than the 12% they have now, w/e) and I'm about to send the rebate in. Either way I'm happy though, the price is awesome considering it comes with CoD5 and Farcry2 for free (FC2 is included inside the XFX box, CoD's being thrown in by Newegg as an 'NV gift"). $160 or less for an awesome card with a lifetime warranty and two free games is hard to match imo.

they're not really awesome deals.... if the MIR's were instant then they might be tho :D

Agreed. I'm building three systems, and the MIR's are a deal killer. This is more like a "MIR Mega Sale". Guess I'll have to shop elsewhere.

I guess they gotta clear all mid range cards as the sub $100 HD 4770 is going to dominate the market.

I doubt you're gonna find a GTX 260 ('specially an XFX) much cheaper elsewhere, only one I've seen is that e-Wiz deal that didn't last long (IIRC), and it was still w/a MIR (only $140-150 depending on whether you used CB and/or a code). It's amazing the value you can get for the money with video cards lately though...

i dont get the MIR haters. I've sent off 15 or so rebates and got them all back, from a few diff companies as well...

i dont get the MIR haters. I've sent off 15 or so rebates and got them all back, from a few diff companies as well...

We'll Im mixed, by that I mean, I generally dont hate MIR's but its the fact that they exist in the first place...why? They hope you dont send in...but Ive had good experiences with Corsair, Xfx and a few other companies, but one that has stuck with me and I'll never buy again is Crucial, they did not honor and after admitting they were wrong made me jump through hoops to resubmit, then they lost it after I resubmitted, I gave up.

OT love the 260 deal, but Im still holding out for now. You rock Newegg webmaster! Much appreciation, I'll let my friends know about this deal.

Been waiting for a gtx260 for around $160 including world at war... so I had to bite on the xfx. Have done many, many rebates for computer parts - I have received all but two of them (and I just don't buy from those two companies anymore, at least not if a rebate is involved). So no problems with rebates for me.

I agree. I have sent out countless MIR without any issues. Just make sure you keep every paper & copy & you should be all set!

Does the GTX 260 include the free games?

Yes, I ordered it last week and it came with both Farcry 2 and CoD5 (World at War).

When I ordered it Newegg didn't even have this clearly labeled on the product page (the red blurb that advertised the games had been replaced by a 10% off promo code they were running at the time) but they were still included nonetheless. FC2 is actually included inside the XFX box so it'll probably be part of the bundle as long as they sell that SKU. CoD5 was included by Newegg as an 'NV Gift", mine was tossed in on a separate box within my main package (where a processor I ordered was also placed).

Why does the XFX 260 have a higher power supply requirement then the others? (Wants a 600 PSU)

What's not to get? It's obvious. By not simply taking that amount off the purchase price, you are paying more up front. That alone sucks. Often your credit card bill comes long before the rebate comes. Not that that's a problem, just that that's another potential downside. It also sucks having to wait weeks to get the rebate back. And in the meantime they've made money off the difference, which is fine and all, except that YOU could have done something with that money in the meantime too.

It's just lame. Just take the $15-25 off the card up front and save everyone the trouble. Cut down on postage, mailing, paperwork, time photocopying and driving to the post office, and driving to the bank to cash/deposit the rebate check, etc. So much is saved simply by doing away with the whole MIR gimmick and selling the product at the better price to begin with with a straight-up sale price. And yes, I fully understand that the whole MIR gimmick and making money off your money for a few weeks is what makes the MIR discount possible. I'm just answering your lame statement that you don't "get" why people don't like MIRs. It's so obvious why.

If its substantially lower than all cash prices, rebates are worth it

out of all those things you listed, driving to the post office and driving to cash the check are what usually take the most time. Some people do know that postmen do pick up mail also so that cuts out one of those. Some of the rebates I have gotten use debit cards like Corsair.

Soooooo tempting.....

I just don't want to deal with mail in rebates though. That and I was hoping to see a 4890 on there :p

What's not to get? It's obvious. By not simply taking that amount off the purchase price, you are paying more up front. That alone sucks. Often your credit card bill comes long before the rebate comes. Not that that's a problem, just that that's another potential downside. It also sucks having to wait weeks to get the rebate back. And in the meantime they've made money off the difference, which is fine and all, except that YOU could have done something with that money in the meantime too.

It's just lame. Just take the $15-25 off the card up front and save everyone the trouble. Cut down on postage, mailing, paperwork, time photocopying and driving to the post office, and driving to the bank to cash/deposit the rebate check, etc. So much is saved simply by doing away with the whole MIR gimmick and selling the product at the better price to begin with with a straight-up sale price. And yes, I fully understand that the whole MIR gimmick and making money off your money for a few weeks is what makes the MIR discount possible. I'm just answering your lame statement that you don't "get" why people don't like MIRs. It's so obvious why.

so u want to do away with thousands of jobs. wow. 5 mins = mir done. ur a tard if it takes longer

Because it uses a 6- and 8-pin PCI-E power connector.

No it doesn't, it uses 2 6-pins. I have 2 of these from the deal a couple weeks ago on a 700W PSU (also at 10% off like the other poster), they're working great. Sell the games if you don't want them and as long as the MIRs come through it is a smoking deal.

No it doesn't, it uses 2 6-pins. I have 2 of these from the deal a couple weeks ago on a 700W PSU (also at 10% off like the other poster), they're working great. Sell the games if you don't want them and as long as the MIRs come through it is a smoking deal.

I was just basing my fact off of ZipZoomFly's product picture:

10009768c.jpg

Odd, perhaps it was changed now that the die size is 55nm? The DVI ports are no longer black either (despite the image on the Newegg page).

Back