28" HannsG HG-281DPB problem

eon

2[H]4U
just got my hannsg, love the size
but when I play video games I get a weird flickering/choppiness especially around edges or looking at rails. This only happens when I am moving, still images are fine. Also my FPS is perfectly stable. I already checked my refresh settings and they look ok. Anything else to check?
Also any others with this monitor care to share their monitor settings with me?
Thanks

I had the same issue with mine, I ended up taking it back. I tried the ATI LCD Overdrive utility to compensate for it but nothing worked. I would take it back and try another one or get something else. Here's my thread about it. On a side note my buddy got a 24in HannsG from Microcenter a few weeks ago and it seems to be okay.

I got mine from newegg so I dont think I can just return it without it really being broken
when I first tried it with this problem, I got motion sick on a game I've been playing forever at hours at a time
I've been very busy and just got a chance to do a little more gaming with it and forgot all about this problem so maybe it went away. I'll check it out again when I get home.

LCD are the worst for fast moving games especially FPS. This is why I still have my CRT. You'll just have to play alot and get use to it.

LCD are the worst for fast moving games especially FPS. This is why I still have my CRT. You'll just have to play alot and get use to it.

This is different, I've been using LCDs for years on my gaming rigs and I've never seen one do what my 28in was doing. It almost seemed like the monitor was too fast and over compensated the draw areas.

Make sure to use the HDMI port. I had similar issues when using VGA, but HDMI works beautifully.

I am using the hdmi port with the hdmi to dvi adapter
my 4850 has a hdmi port but for some reason I couldnt get a hdmi to slip inside after trying for 10 minutes
maybe it was with me just getting used to it, I've been using a 22" crt for the last 5 years that served me well but after seeing lcds at work and school bigger than 22" I knew it was time to move on.

Seems like a legitimate enough problem to warrant a refund. Id just pay a restocking fee and get something else. There are awesome TNs around.

Hmm...I bought my HG281D from Costco and it has been working fine.

Have you tried messing around with phase or clock settings within the monitor control panel? I have had flickering problems with other monitors and that seemed to help.

Back