Windows 7 RC Live Download link

Yup, get it while you can or you'll being searching torrent sites to get you a copy. I got mine off of usenet, but would have much rather gotten a 100% guaranteed virus free copy from Microsoft.

I'm getting a download integrity error when I'm trying to download

I'm downloading using IE7. I originally was using Firefox but was getting all kinds of errors so I ditched it for IE. I'm downloading both 32 and 64 bit versions getting speeds above 400 mb/s for each. Try IE.

I'm downloading using IE7. I originally was using Firefox but ditched it for IE. I'm downloading both 32 and 64 bit versions getting speeds above 400 mb/s for both. Try IE.

400 mb/s...damn that's quick...to be able to download an OS in around 8-10 seconds...amazing...;)

Got the download error the first 20 times too, bout to pull my hair out and then it just started working. Keep plugging at it. I did actually switch over to IE7 to make sure, but maybe FF would have worked eventually

Currently getting over 700kbs.

Guess it went live at 12am ET - I was wondering what time tomorrow it would go up, nice to have it done when I get up (hell, in 45 mins but I'm going to bed).

Install tomorrow night!

Wow, it works with IE8 but not FF. Downloading at 1MB/s

The URL in the download manager for Win7RC isn't working. Damn error message keeps popping up.

I had this error too but I was pointing it to a folder. I just dropped it strait on my d:\ drive and it worked fine then. The manager is active-x, you have to use IE.

This fixed it. Downloading at a BLAZING 10kb/s for some strange ass reason. :mad:

I had this error too but I was pointing it to a folder. I just dropped it strait on my d:\ drive and it worked fine then. The manager is active-x, you have to use IE.

Thanks for the heads up! Just dropped it into my Desktop.

Currently downloading at 25 KB/s and varies from 220KB/s and 500KB/s.

Sweet downloading now.

Can't wait to check out what all the fuss is about W7. Wanted to wait for an official RC before trying it out... but now I have 3 projects due this week and finals start next week.

Looks like I won't be able to install until few weeks. :c(

Crazy download, hops between 300-900 kb/s. I'm already on the leaked build though, I think it was a torrent of the technet release. I'll know for sure with this build though.

Downloading now as well, I am only going around 100 - 150 KB/sec and now sticking around 100. (max is 180 on my line).

If you are getting the error with the java download manager...

Disable Java in Firefox and reload the page, it should begin to download with Firefox's Download Manager.

To disable java: Tools > Options > Content > Uncheck 'Enable Java'

currently downloading 64bit version using IDM. i got the link after firefox download manager start the dl and i jsut copy file location .. put the url in idm and it start dling :D

Is everyone else getting crap download speeds?!:mad:

I downloaded first time round and it finished at 94% :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hopefully second time will be more successful, all be it @10KB/s!

Had to use IE for the login/credentials/key part; but, my default Opera browser worked fine for the downloading. Got 720 KB/s avg download speeds.

Getting some great speeds here. Pretty much at my usual maximum dl speed. Hopefully itll complete without problems.

"Get it while you can!"

Huh? It's available until JULY. Back off on the throttle, folks, there's time, there's time...

i was up really early and pulled down both the x86 x64 iso's from the technet site in about 30 mins. i think i am going to go buy a new hdd because i don't want to get rid of vista yet.

I started to download it at work but was only getting 10KB/sec so I remoted into my home computer and are getting over 800KB/sec.

Heh:D
I'm on an old workstation with IE6.......getting about 800kb/sec. No problemo (cept for the obvious - IE6 !?!:eek:)

Back