Games for 2 players on PC

wolf2009

[H]ard|Gawd
My cousin is here this week and I would like to play some game that is good for two players. CO-OP or against each other

any suggestions ? PC ONLY

EDIT: LAN Guys. not on the same PC

Last edited:
Dude, a couple of things come to mind. Are you guys sharing a computer or do you have a pc for him? If 2 PC's i like :

Diablo 2 (or the first)
Guild Wars
Quake series
Counterstrike
Starcraft
Left 4 Dead

If sharing a computer :
Peggle
Worms World Party

Dude, a couple of things come to mind. Are you guys sharing a computer or do you have a pc for him? If 2 PC's i like :

Diablo 2 (or the first)
Guild Wars
Quake series
Counterstrike
Starcraft
Left 4 Dead

If sharing a computer :
Peggle
Worms World Party

You can play Left 4 Dead splitscreen on one PC.

As to OP, I think ShadowGrounds supports up to 4 people on one PC.

You can play Left 4 Dead splitscreen on one PC.

As to OP, I think ShadowGrounds supports up to 4 people on one PC.
I think you're confusing it with the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. No modern FPS PC game that I can think of allows for multiple players on one machine.

This thread should be in the PC games subforum.

I wonder if the PC version of Street Fighter 4 will support same-computer versus. Since the people will most likely be using controllers/arcade sticks anyway, I don't see why it couldn't.

COD: WAW (Super fun co-op!)
SWAT 4 (Mad fun also)
L4D
Serious Sam Series
Doom 3 w/ Last Man Standing Mod
Gears of War

Me and a good friend love co-op games. We have played all these and had a blast. Havn't played Doom 3. Gears of War was meh, some parts fun other parts boring. Still worth it if you guys have nothing else to play... we got over 10 hours of play with it.

As well as other recommendations here, you might find Rainbow Six Vegas (and/or its sequel) worth a go. Despite breaking from the previous games and some consolisation it has a decent co-op campaign and both games can be found pretty cheap now.

You might look into Guitar Hero 3 and/or GH: Aerosmith. Pick up a couple of the Les Paul wireless xbox360 guitars and a Windows xbox wireless receiver. :)

I would recommend the Command & Conquer or Age of Empire series for some quick RTS action.
The Civilization series would also be good for some turn-based strategy. It has a bit of a learning curve, but you have a whole week. Endless hours of fun, and unique gameplay every time.

Doom 3 w/ Co-op mod is always a pretty fun LAN experience
Rainbow SIx Vegas 2 has campaign co-op
Swat 4 has awesome co-op, but it's really difficult
Gears of War has campaign co-op
Left 4 Dead is sort of pseudo-LAN b/c of Steam, but it's playable and pretty good

Back