Newegg.com Deals 5/18

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

COMPUTER HARDWARE DEALS

SAPPHIRE 100245HDMI Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
$124.99 - $10.00IR - $15.00MIR - $10.35 promo code "HARDOCPVGA51810" = $89.64 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 5/25/09

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
$69.99 - $10.00IR = $59.99 with free shipping promo code "HARDOCPCASE518FS"
Promo Expires on 5/25/09

CORSAIR XMS3 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory
$56.99 - $5.00 promo code "HARDOCPMEM5185" = $51.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 5/25/09

:eek: Prices subject to change without notice.

damn, now i wish i hadn't bought a gts 250 for $130... oh well :(

Why are people buying 1 GB density RAM for DDR3? That's a waste of money. Get 2 GB density RAM. It's so (relatively) cheap.

This is a good case. Have used it for my main system for 2 years and it has great airflow. I have full watercooling mounted internally and see very good temps even when OC'ing. The inside is a little bland given the case window, but nothing some spray paint can't fix.

yes and with there s#$%^ shipping I won't worry about free shipping any more.
6 days to go 136 miles..

this is fu#$%^ing rediculious

yes and with there s#$%^ shipping I won't worry about free shipping any more.
6 days to go 136 miles..

this is fu#$%^ing rediculious

Don't you have the option to pick faster shipping and pay for it already?

Free shipping RULES for most people!

The mail in rebates on the other hand... the vast majority of us dislike those it seems.

the point is they should state what free shipping is exactly.
I can not believe they didn't have to pay more to get it shipped all over the country.
like I said it is 136 miles and takes 6 days.
F the us mail is faster than that and it would cost less than any other shipper.

I can not believe they didn't have to pay more to get it shipped all over the country.
F the us mail is faster than that and it would cost less than any other shipper.

What exactly is ur problem?

That is odd, but I would not say typical... "free shipping" for me equates to 1 day shipping on 90% of stuff (NJ->DC), 2 day for 5% (TN->DC), and 3 days (cross-country, CA->DC).

It sounds something happened with your order :confused:

That sux. Lance Armstrong could pedal it over in 6 hours.

Would be very nice to get some more IR / code deals on this BFG GTX 280 OCXE, please. Seriosly considering picking one up but old tech isnt worth taht much anymore no matter how highly binned.

Thanks

That is odd, but I would not say typical... "free shipping" for me equates to 1 day shipping on 90% of stuff (NJ->DC), 2 day for 5% (TN->DC), and 3 days (cross-country, CA->DC).

It sounds something happened with your order :confused:

Well, his rant isnt too far fetched.

It took mine about 6 days, and what's worse...DHL started with the ball,
*then* took it upon themselves to DROP IT OFF at the USPS for THEM
to finish the job. The order finally showed up in my mailbox, crunched.

What's more, how then do they plan on placing blame for damage???

I'm not going for this "free shipping" anymore either until they get their shit
together. It's either a good price and IR, or shopping somewhere else.

I went 3 rounds with their email people, and NOT ONCE did they address
my original complaint in my initial (and subsequent) emails.

NO disclosure mentioned anywhere that they allow a 4th party to become
involved. (Newegg = 1st, Me = 2nd, DHL = 3rd, then USPS???)

WTF?!! over.

I just finished ordering a pretty extensive list of components with orders over several days through the egg with a lot of components coming from their Memphis warehouse on free shipping and nothing took longer than 3 days to get to my doorstep in California and all handled all the way by UPS. Granted a couple of the boxes had taken a pretty severe beating. I didn't even know DHL still existed, I thought their US branch went out of business due to their terrible PR from damaged/lost/stolen packages...

Weird, everything from DHL to USPS has been 3-4 days for me... only thing I ever get like that is RAM but I've never had anything bad.

The one thing that pissed me off, I ordered a mobile processor UPS 2-day (so it cost like $20 in shipping) and they put it in a UPS Envelope not a box. so it got all crushed/mangled... the retail box was useless (I like to keep boxes for new components incase I'm going to sell them later) processor was fine, but still was disappointed... I get nice box full of peanuts/bubble-wrap with free shipping, but I pay for an upgrade and it gets worse packing?

Oh well :)

I would say Newegg needs to watch their asses. They currently have a strong customer base, however if they keep dealing mail-in rebates through shady businesses and screwing the consumer with crappy shipping they will lose the stronghold they have on this sector. If Newegg was smart, they would listen to people like us and axe the mail-in rebate program all-together, and tell DHL/UPS to piss up a rope.

But you know what happens to good businesses who are too big for their pants....

I'm sure today's economy will dictate if Newegg is a strong company or not.

I don't have a problem w/ MIR, as long as the rebate processor doesn't try to do anything shady, like "accidentally misplacing" an envelope. If Newegg can have our backs on that, then I don't mind the MIR, as long as they process the rebate within the promised time (typically 6-8 weeks or 10-12 weeks). Obviously, a shorter promised time would be much preferable.

As far as shipping goes, once they get a lot of RMAs b/c of horrible shipping, then Newegg will take a closer look.

Back