Newegg.com Deals 5/26

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

COMPUTER HARDWARE DEALS

HIS Hightech H489F1GP Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
$249.99 - $25.00IR - $25.00MIR - $10.00 promo code "HARDOCPVGA5261" = $189.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 6/1/09

Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
$74.99 - $5.00IR - $5.00 promo code "HARDOCPHD5265" = $64.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 6/1/09

CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
$99.99 - $10.00IR - $5.00 promo code "HARDOCPMEM5265" = $84.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 6/1/09

:eek: Prices subject to change without notice.

Last edited:
Hehe... some people still buy it...

Any/all deals are appreciated imo... even if you can't use them...

Hehe... some people still buy it...

Any/all deals are appreciated imo... even if you can't use them...

but, that is not even a deal.

thats like selling a 640GB hard drive for $70 for the last month and then calling it a deal......wait.

Those were AAKS or the Green drives... this is the Black revision... 5 yr warranty, 32mb cache, faster, etc.

So yes, it is a deal... even if it's a couple bucks..

the caviar black is already $69.99+free shipping, so the code brings it down $5 to $64.99+free shipping. i checked. :)

Even better :p

"Month end special, ends 5/31"

So then the promo-code and this will expire, so it'll be back to $75...

Thanks for extra $5 off code, had it in my shopping cart for a new build already good thing i checked.

Note that with the WD drives you can get the SATA or ESATA (and other) cables for free with the combo deals.

Note that with the WD drives you can get the SATA or ESATA (and other) cables for free with the combo deals.

Can't beat free stuff even if it is the 43rd identical cable laying around the bench, you just KNOW you will need it later.

They really need to ship the hard drives better. The only DOA drives i've had were from newegg and the hassle of waiting a week to get another drive isn't acceptable even if they offer to pay for the shipping. I've emailed them 3 times at least on how poor their shipping is ( i know they don't ship it they outsource it or something so i tell them to forward it to them ), it hasn't changed at all, boss just got a dead drive a few days ago. I'd rather pay the extra bucks and get it else where until the shipping is changed. Funny part on this one was the bubble wrap wasn't all busted but the drive had clear physical damage to it when opening it. I put his computer together. Newegg said they don't rma physically damaged hard drives, but they took it back after all. Customer service is top notch, just damn shipping blows ass.

I was thinking the same thing. People still buy DDR RAM - and at that ridiculous price? If so, I should part my Socket 939 system and make a fortune in parts. :cool:

Yeah I am thinking the same exact thing. Mine is starting to get a bit long in the tooth..

Dear Newegg, Thanks for the deals on the HD and 4890! Good prices!! I requested that drive and I'm very grateful. I just bought one!!

I have one more request:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119187

I'd love to see a promo code + free shipping for a little better deal on the Coolermaster ATCS 840 full tower case in black.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease!!!! I love you, Newegg!! :D

I have seen alot of action on the DDR market lately. Its my guess that people are starting to feel the age of a low ram 939 system and don't want to cough up the dough for a new build. So upgrades are in order for a weak economy rather than building a whole new system? I am just guessing here.

Personally I would like to see more deals on good power supplies, which we dont see very often. Damn PSU's are getting expensive these days.

you get this one in your email today? seems like a pretty good psu, and a modular 700W for $65+free shipping is a great price. just make sure to get your rebate out fast and make sure you document the whole thing in case they try to screw you over. apparently people have been having more problems with ocz rebates. :rolleyes:

EDIT: judging by the power ratngs id say it behaves more like a 600W since theres a max of 550W on the 12V rails. still, not too bad.

Last edited:
I have seen alot of action on the DDR market lately. Its my guess that people are starting to feel the age of a low ram 939 system and don't want to cough up the dough for a new build. So upgrades are in order for a weak economy rather than building a whole new system? I am just guessing here.

It could be, but 2 GB should be plenty enough for those running Windows XP or less. If they need 4 GB or more, then they'll probably want a quad core CPU that Socket 939 doesn't support.

I'm surprised vendors are still manufacturing DDR RAM. Or is this just leftover inventory that Newegg hasn't cleared yet? :confused:

I would have to agree and be thinking the same thing. For 1 thing, throughout my family there are a few skt 939 systems with 2GB of ram from 4 x 512MB sticks, which is plenty for the programs that are run. From newegg, it would cost @ least $140 to end up with 4GB of DDR in 4x1GB....:eek::(. I'm building a couple family members new PC's and I have a spare brand new E8400 and RAM so of course I'm just going to find a modern mobo plus GPU then we're set. 4GB of DDR2 can be had for $30-60. I'll have to check ebay for DDR-400.

Newegg REP, Thnx for the deals. I have my eye on that WD 640.

Yeah a deal on the CM ATCS 840 would be boss!

Newegg, if you put a good sale on the ATCS 840 I'll buy one right now! I don't really need a new case, but a good deal would just push me over the edge and I would snag one immediately!

Love,
SirKronan

Newegg, if you put a good sale on the ATCS 840 I'll buy one right now! I don't really need a new case, but a good deal would just push me over the edge and I would snag one immediately!

Love,
SirKronan

LOL @ Love :eek:

They really need to ship the hard drives better. The only DOA drives i've had were from newegg and the hassle of waiting a week to get another drive isn't acceptable even if they offer to pay for the shipping. I've emailed them 3 times at least on how poor their shipping is ( i know they don't ship it they outsource it or something so i tell them to forward it to them ), it hasn't changed at all, boss just got a dead drive a few days ago. I'd rather pay the extra bucks and get it else where until the shipping is changed. Funny part on this one was the bubble wrap wasn't all busted but the drive had clear physical damage to it when opening it. I put his computer together. Newegg said they don't rma physically damaged hard drives, but they took it back after all. Customer service is top notch, just damn shipping blows ass.

Whats worse is getting the WRONG drive shipped to you and being charged a restocking fee and return shipping for their mistake.

Nice price on the 4890... Really nice actually, surprised it wasn't commented on more. Have they been offering any similar specials on 4890s? I thought they were mostly going for $220+ still.

$177. theyre really getting down there. theres something to be said for newegg though. i trust them much more than ewiz. cant comment on sapphire vs HIS cuz im an nvidia guy. :\

Back