Does punkbuster work on Win7 RC xp mode?

Not sure about that, but punkbuster works fine on Windows 7 out of Xp mode if that helps.

Does it really? I heard it didn't work on windows 7 rc period.... (maybe that was 64 bit?)

Does it really? I heard it didn't work on windows 7 rc period.... (maybe that was 64 bit?)

Works perfectly on Windows 7 64bit. Play BF2 all the time. Just make sure you go to their site and update it.

And XP Mode is more or less a normal VM, so you would have to run the game inside of it. Can't do that.

i've heard it works in build 7000 but not completely in the RC, some say it doesn't work in COD4 for example, but does work in some other games.

if your saying it works, what games have you tried? are you using the RC? and are you using 32 or 64bit? it can take a couple hours to get the kick message.

It works, it's abit buggy i had to uninstall and re-install for it to work, but it works with 7100 RC, tested last night and worked perfect with Steam

dang would be amazing if started working on windows 7 for cod4. If it did id be so done with xp haha. Just mac osx and windows 7 =/ may have to test it out this week.

Hope it works.

dang would be amazing if started working on windows 7 for cod4. If it did id be so done with xp haha. Just mac osx and windows 7 =/ may have to test it out this week.

Hope it works.

lately i've only been playing VAC games so I'm tempted to go win7 rc but I'll probably eventually want to play something that has punkbuster.

Windows 7 64bit here, punkbuster works fine for me.

Games tried: CoD MW, and CoD WaW.

PB working fine for me on BF2 and COD:WAW

Justin run PBsetup and the PBsvrs if you dont have the PBservices.

When I first installed Windows 7 RC version 7100, COD4 did not work thanks to punkbuster, even after a few hours of trying all the different "fixes" people had come up with.

After reading this thread I decided to try it again, and now its working fine! I didn't even update punkbuster manually, so it must have updated by itself, or perhaps the servers simply changed to not kick for those particular unknown API mismatched that were occuring before. So I dont know if punkbuster itself is working now, but I know I can play COD4 now where I couldn't before ;)

well, now I'm really thinking about going win7.

Tudz, it was probably punkbuster that got updated, I don't think servers can remove unknown API kick.

Tudz, it was probably punkbuster that got updated, I don't think servers can remove unknown API kick.

Thats what I figured, but I remember back when it wasn't working the reason was "Evenbalance does not support beta operating systems", which is what Win7 is. So I thought it was a possibility COD4 servers might have found a workaround, since it does affect different games and users differently.

Thats what I figured, but I remember back when it wasn't working the reason was "Evenbalance does not support beta operating systems", which is what Win7 is. So I thought it was a possibility COD4 servers might have found a workaround, since it does affect different games and users differently.

i don't see how that could happen because all the servers don't share the same config. maybe I'm not understanding you. build 7137 got leaked a few hours ago, I think I'm gonna install it tomorrow and see if cod4 works.

Have you tried just using the official release candidate, it seems to be the one with the least problems.

Punkbuster does NOT work in Windows 7 64bit. Period.

LOL, I just said I use it all the time, yet you still make a matter-of-fact statement. :rolleyes:

Just make sure you have your firewall setup properly, and have the lastest update. As stated before, I use Windows 7 RC 64bit and it works flawlessly. YMMV.

People just need to learn how to manually update with pbsetup. Working fine here.

Ok so can i get a confirmed report of windows 7 rc working on punkbuster cod4 1.7?
Please and thank you!

I dont seem to have any problems playing COD4 or COD:WAW on my Win7 machine.

Ok so can i get a confirmed report of windows 7 rc working on punkbuster cod4 1.7?
Please and thank you!

I can tell you it works on my PC, can't say it'll work on yours :p

Back