Windows 7 will have native video transcoding support... (updates)

Joe Average

Ad Blocker - Banned
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/2009/06/02/microsoft-reveals-native-win-7-video-transc/1

We already knew this feature was coming since last December, but it's nice to see they actually demoed it in operation just yesterday - so, for all those people wondering what's left to do with Windows 7 before release, that's one of 'em.

Can't wait to give that aspect of Windows 7 a decent run through and see how well it performs not only in terms of speed but quality, and what types of outputs are available - if it's only .wmv that's gonna suck. :D

Luckily, HandBrake will be around for a long time to come...

Sweet! Glad I did not order that Lenovo netbook the other night for $299. Friend convinced me to wait few months for netbooks with Ion. ;c)

That will be amazing to have netbook w/ Windows 7 + Ion. I can't wait!

This is a perfect example, folks, of why Windows is getting better yet the media/Mac crowd doesn't see why.

This is a fantastic under-the-covers feature. Since it's not in-the-face of the user (like a glitzy dock :rolleyes:) most folks won't recognize it as something new.

This is a perfect example, folks, of why Windows is getting better yet the media/Mac crowd doesn't see why.

This is a fantastic under-the-covers feature. Since it's not in-the-face of the user (like a glitzy dock :rolleyes:) most folks won't recognize it as something new.

There's a LOT of functionality in Windows that never gets much press. Just take the pen and touch features of Windows 7, simply nothing like it on ANY desktop OS. Yes I know that Apple has been rumored for years now to on the verge of introducing its own tablet with the sucess of the iPod Touch and iPhone and the apps from that realm. But if you want or need pen and touch on your machine, Windows is really the only way to go right now.

Microsoft looks to be getting into a groove right now. Windows 7 is awesome. Bing is a pretty good search engine. We've got Zune HD on the way. Windows 7 Mobile next year stands poised to redifine the mobile phone and game market. Maybe some type of Yahoo deal?

The coming year is critical to Microsoft. A lot of stuff going on. It'll be intresting to see how it plays out.

^^^ I don't understand why they'd want Yahoo though. The ROI would suck on that deal.

If Bing continues to do well (Heck I actually saw an ad on TV for it) and they get a good stream of ad revenue going, why would they care for Yahoo? They could pass them easily IMO.

Back