UD3R vs UD4P - any difference worthy of the $50 extra?

WalkedAirplane

Limp Gawd
To qualify the title - any difference in dealing with clocking / overclocking only. I do not care about LAN chipsets, RAID controllers, audio chipsets, etc.

What I'm trying to detirmine is whether or not it is worth shelling out the extra cash for the UD4P for overclocking only. I know about the difference in RAM slots - I am going to be using 3 only.

A visual capacitor count shows a differences, but real world?

Couldnt find an answer anywhere on google.

edit: SLI/crossfire is not important either.

Last edited:
Better cooling, 6 ram slots versus 4 (for future upgrades). Your chip will be more of a limiting factor in the overclock than the board.

And the UD4P is available for $208 after rebate, making them almost the same price.

Aware of the RAM slots, not a deciding factor. Have to buy locally for unrelated reasons - $50 swing in price.

Will be watercooling, but I do acknowledge the better board cooling - does this make for any tangible difference?

Aware of the RAM slots, not a deciding factor. Have to buy locally for unrelated reasons - $50 swing in price.

Will be watercooling, but I do acknowledge the better board cooling - does this make for any tangible difference?

Might provide for added stability due to lower temps.

AFAIK, the UD3R has 4+4 phase power while the UD4P has 12+2+2. May also be a factor.

Back