Steam Weekend Deal - Might and Magic Pack = $19.96

If i liked HOMM 5 i would go for it, but i didn't like it one bit.

Did they ever improve the AI in those HOMM 5 expansion packs? I've never played it, but I've read the AI was a bit limited in the orginal release.

The only one I don't already have is: Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate

Just an FYI, if you have Dark Messiah sitting on the shelf, you can register it on steam, and dl it through the steam network.

or have gotten it for free from some foreign website like a lot of people

anyway, i didnt find HOMM5 to be as fun as 3.

HOMM3 was truly legendary. The music and art set it over the top. How does HOMM5 compare to say Kings Bounty?

Dark Messiah was pretty good. It's good for $5-10 definitely.

think Ill pass. when the screenshots make me flinch its tough to justify a purchase.

The problem with Heroes of Might and Magic V and IV, is the series is not meant to be 3D. 3D slows down the game both battle and resource gathering. While 3D can look nice, the graphics of Heroes II and III were absolutely perfect with its 2D sprites.

IMO, the best thing they could do to regain the look and feel of Homm 1/2 and 3, would be to ditch the 3d monsters/heroes and everything else, and go to a cell shaded style look. However for some reason, that is a rarely used style in game.

Back