Finally! eVGA X58 Micro

MSRP is $199.99 so at least it is priced competitively with other competitors.

black and red is a good combination. interesting heat sink design.:D now question is rampage gene or this? hmm decisions decisions.

I'll be the first to say it.

Memory slots are way to close to the videocard area.

But yea... that is one awesome looking board!

I wish they had gone with the all black color scheme on the LE board. I don't like the red.

I dont really like red, but it gives it a nice touch. All opinions though. This board gonna be sick. I want an i7. :( Some one get some testing goin on this mini beast.

Once my GTX's arrive i'll start planning on my workstation for my job. I'm tired using these optiplex 760's so i'm gonna begin building once the cash flow comes in :(

Shooting for an August 31'st completion.

I'll be the first to say it.

Memory slots are way to close to the videocard area.

But yea... that is one awesome looking board!

That'll happen on all the Core i7 boards. ASUS took out the clips on that side which alleviates the problem, but having SLI on micro ATX means something has to give.

Another mATX X58 mobo to add to the growing list of must consider. I like how the selection choices are growing for mATX users. I liked their video too. Leet Shrink Fan! :D I wish I had the money to build a i7 rig this year. Maybe next year.

Dont all the X58 mobos support both? I thought they did. I may be wrong though.

Dont all the X58 mobos support both? I thought they did. I may be wrong though.

EVGA is an nvidia only video card provider. I wonder if they might have locked that feature out in bios.

When they come out I guess we will know for sure.

That is a pretty wild heatsink and looks like the PWM area has good cooling.

The eVGA 939 SLI board had some issues... Anyone know who makes this one?

That is a pretty wild heatsink and looks like the PWM area has good cooling.

The eVGA 939 SLI board had some issues... Anyone know who makes this one?

The heatsink on the northbridge is the same design that their cheaper X58 full ATX board has, so I don't think it'll be spectacular at cooling or anything like that, although who knows.

Yeah I think I may use this board, it's relatively cheap (for i7). If the features are in line with the rest of EVGA's X58 lineup I can see myself jumping on that and a PC-V351 and just porting the rest of my stuff over to it.

Well, Amazon.com has it up on their site. It looks like it ships next month. I ordered it and it gave me a ship date of:

Shipping estimate for these items: August 3, 2009 - August 27, 2009
Worse case scenerio is I cancel the order toward the ship date. I just wanted to get in on it so I'm up there in the order que. Heh.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002F9N69Q/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've had mine now for about 2 weeks. I have a booting issues with it though. Majority of the times when I turn my computer on it locks at the BIOS screen letting me know my speed of the CPU. I have to hit the reset button and to reboot and it then continues to pass the tests.

If they can fix that part then I have no issues with this board. The NB heatsink gets VERY VERY HOT!!!

This is my 1st micro board and gd its small.the front panel audio connector gets crushed under a 2 slot vid card. x1 pciex slot is useless with a 2 slot card and if you go sli xfire forget about soundcards altogether but it perfoms just as well as my x58 gig ud3 so im happy.

Hey p3sty,

Put your video card in the second PCIe x16 slot instead of the first one. This way you're allowed to use the PCIe x16 slot and the PCIe x1 slot. I do that so I can use a sound card in the first or second slot and still have my 4890 in the last PCIe x16 slot. Works like a charm.

That's true if you go SLI/Crossfire you have no slots available. You're almost forced to go with the double cards like 295 or the 4870X2

Back