VX2268WM, any news?

gtrajectory

Weaksauce
Viewsonic said next month it ships in Europe, but still no news. I want to get rid of my CRT and im hoping this is the real deal.

I'd like to know as well but unfortunately there's nothing except that one email response and the specs are listed on several chinese/japanese etc sites incl viewsonic.cn as pretty much same as VX2265wm. The only thing I saw was some chinese site not in stock ofc listing it for 2980 HKD (hong kong dollar), which equals to around 275 EUR, which makes sense, 280 - 300 EUR I'd expect it to cost in europe when it arrives seeing how Samsung 2233rz can be found just under 300 EUR in .nl or like 309 EUR in Germany (it stayed long at around 340€ and then suddenly dropped to 310€ which is a good sign for these 120Hz screens).

Man I so hope they added some OSD or at least ability to change brightness in 120Hz mode and the same low input lag, then it would be the LCD to get for gaming in mind.

And yes I'd also like to be able to dump my old 19" trinitron CRT from 2000 but as long as there's no decent 120Hz LCD out then I have no reason to switch.

Last edited:
If you can't get the viewsonic 120hz then just get the samsung 120hz. They should be about the same.

The new Viewsonic is suposed to have 0 input lag + (I hope) a better stand and OSD problems solved, no same.

Any comments on OSD, not crappy stand that wobbles, input lag etc?

Last edited:
i hope it will have repaired osd menu and zero input lag, then cu in shop

i want to get the 65 but with this on the horizon im gonna wait.

and then there is the 1920res Asus somewhere...

why does it take so long.. :/
i want to switch my iiyama 454 120Hz@1280*1024 to lcd :d

The most important question, is brightness adjustment fixed for 120Hz mode or not. That's the deciding factor for me.

Ive upgraded from a some Hyundai 5:4 19" LCD to this one and everything about this monitor is better then my previous one so far. As soon as I plugged it in and moved the mouse around I noticed the difference. The difference was even more noticeable after a session of TF2.

It doesn't seem to have any of the problems I've read the VX2265wm had, namely the inability to change the brightness in 120Hz mode. It also does have a pretty slick OCD allowing you to change all settings like colour, brightness, contrast and sharpness that the previous model didn't have.

The only downside for me is the flimsy stand, I may even replace it. It is very wobbly and even typing seems to cause it to wobble side to side. Its like a nodding dog, once it starts wobbling it takes awhile to stop.

Here are a few pictures I took with a rubbish camera, I tried to take a picture of this, but without the flash on, the pictures taken were blurred.

If you want me to test anything else or take more pictures, I'll be more then happy too. Overall its a great monitor for me and leaps above what i was using before.

Last edited:
input lag mate?

i see w7. No problem with drivers? :)

Last edited:
I haven't noticed any and I'm not sure if its just the running at 120Hz but TF2 felt more responsive then my old monitor. I've never played on a CRT, atleast recently, so I would not really know how it compares.

I tried putting it in clone with my old monitor but had to downscale the new monitor to 1280x1024 and down to 60Hz so it may be incorrect but using this all the pictures had the same number. But the vx2278wm looked like it was a just a little bit faster(maybe because of its faster response time) because some numbers were solid green on it and slightly coloured on the L90D+, so its atleast as fast as a Hyundai L90D+.

[edit] I think ive got my camera working, you'll be able to see all photos I have taken here: http://www.getdropbox.com/gallery/40551/1/Monitor?h=f01bdf. The red mark is just the flash getting through my finger, it was the only way to get blur free photos from it.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for that feedback!

Yay, brightness adjustment in 120Hz mode working and even a small OSD, wasn't really expecting them to add that. :)

I'm so getting this LCD, it's time to retire my 19" CRT I think. I really hope ViewSonic will make a lot of sales for this monitor so we can expect more 120Hz LCD monitors in the future but seeing it's roughly 20 EUR on avg cheaper than Samsung 2233rz and most likely better as well, I don't see that as a problem. :)

benchmark: Viewsonic vx2268wm vs. iiyama vision master pro 454

- vx2268 has on screen display
- vx2268 has speakers (not great but their nice for what they are)
- vx2268 has almost no backlight bleed (i see none)
- vx2268 has a crappy stand since they added the ability to lean it forward and backward, so if you have a wobbly table it will suck4u
- vx2268 allows you to change brightness/contrast in 120hz
- vx2268 pre-driver installation doesn't allow you to run 120hz in non-native resolution, only 1680x1050.. i cba to install them yet
- vx2268 has 0ms input lag :) -> http://nvcgamer.eu/images/vx2268 <-
- vx2268 actually looks smoother than my crt (moving the mouse in small circles and looking at quake live adverts, and watching people on dm17 bouncepads @ quakelive (crt give's a colour blur, lcd doesn't) - human eyes remember

hope that helps :)

www.nvcgamer.eu

^ from cadred.org gaming site. iiyama 454 is extreme challenger

any chance we can get this in the US? I sent my 2265wm back because of the broken brightness at 120hz.

it will come to us. its just a matter of when.

im looking to purchase it once it does.

Back