My first go @ a SFF

Here is a quick rundown on my latest build. A month ago I won a Sugo case @ a local LAN party. Lucky me! Well, my son decided to "claim" my recently finished Antec 300...ALONG with most of the hardware. To make a long story short...needed a case and I can't leave things STOCK!;)
I wanted a Quad this go round, and I wanted to at least get 3.8 outta it. Not many options (reasonably priced) for a mATX mobo, so I settled on a Asus P5E-VM. From what I read I should be able to hit 3.8 on my 9550. The other consideration with this build is HEAT. Tossin some higher end stuff...overclocked...into a LAN box is tricky. Well, I'm about done with the mods, now just waiting on some more hardware.

Hardware....some in and waiting on some.
Intel Q9550
Asus DK HD4870 1gb with a custom cutdown mounting bracket ( so I could use another nice red one :lol )
GSkill 2x2gb 1066 RAM
WD 320gb AAKS
Maxtor 200gb for backup. (Gonna try and use a custom cut down round ide cable...we'll see if it works)
Asus P5E-VM Mobo
Samsung DVD Burner

Mods....Red LED 120mm bottom mounted intake fan...should help with cooling....I hope.
Handmade, trans-red powder coated, billet handle.
Chassis powder coated reflective chrome.
Multiple access holes for cable routing and ziptie anchoring...MY GOODNESS there is NO ROOM in these cases :eek: Spent at least 4 hours JUST laying out the wiring so most of it will be UNDER the mobo. Also should help with airflow and cooling. Hopefully I got most of them in the right place. Some of it is NOT fully secured as I need the Mobo to make sure of length.
Side window..obvious one there.
Modified stock feet. Redrilled to accept the Acrylic LED feet...also a needed item to gain some clearance for the 120mm fan.
Last but not least...custom case wrap. My buddy owns a printing and sign/graphix company...gonna try one out and see how it looks.

I apologize for not taking pix as the project moved along. Didn't really have time to stop and do it. I started it on Monday evening..bout 6pm. :yawnsigh

I know..sthu and post the dang pix already. Us men, such visual creatures! :evil

Few pieces of HW.

custom single slot mounting bracket.

ziptie holes with wiring.

HD cage with 80mm Logisys LED fan.Need 2 more..Egg only had ONE left when I ordered.:rolleyes:

custom feet.

next page...........

.........continued,
rear view Check out the bracket with the button and switch..didn't want to take up extra slots, so I just combined both into one bracket. Worked out good.

diff angle of wiring

underside

handle

window side view

rearview with cover on

I SEE you! Gonna use this mirror to hide a bit of the excess wiring that can't be hidden. I know, cheap trick..but it werks!

low view

Last pic

Not gonna get anything else done for a bit. Going outta town for the 4th. I'll update when I can. Later all.

Additional Comment:

Almost forgot the custom graphic wrap. Ruby will be on the vented side and the texture will wrap up and over the top running down to other side. If it looks cheezy...I can just peel it off. Hard to do if I custom paint it.

Big pic follows...see if anyone is quick enough to spot the changes in the pic...told ya I can't leave things STOCK!

Well, I kinda have to agree with you a bit. As they are...I think they are a bit too tall. I didn't want to use BOTH the factory feet and the LEDs, but to get clearance for the 120mm chassis fan...which I do need... I had to modify the stockers and use the LEDs. I will probably modify them if possible by cutting them down. I should be able to do it, as the LEDs mount in the very top 3/8 of the feet. Its still a work in progress. Well, I'm off to VA for the weekend. Everyone have a safe and fun 4th.

Back