Driver release Information:

The X-Fi Forte driver supports the following operating systems:

* Microsoft Windows® 7
32-bit and 64-bit
* Microsoft Windows® Vista
32-bit and 64-bit
* Microsoft Windows® XP
32-bit and 64-bit

For a full list, see Minimum System Requirements under the Features Tab of the X-Fi Forte product page.

Release information:

* Driver Name: Forte Driver version 1.1
* File Name: Forte_1-1.zip
* Download Size: 212 Mb Zipped file
* Release Date: 07/28/2009

download

Changes in this Driver

* Automode Switcher settings/app list are restored upon reboot.

Instructions

1. If you have previously installed the driver,
first uninstall the driver and DDL/DTS pack and reboot your PC
2. Download and unzip the new driver.
3. Browse to the new driver folder > Audio folder > Setup folder.
4. Double-click "setup.exe."
5. Reboot your PC after completing the installation.

* Notes:

* DTS™ Connect available in WIndows® Vista and Windows® 7 only.
* You need to uninstall any previously installed X-Fi Forte drivers before installing. See step 1 of the instructions.

Changelog Carried Forward from Previous Drivers... [Hide]

Driver Beta 1

* Supports Windows 7 (as well as XP and Vista )
* Speakers are muted automatically when headphone is connected to Fornt Panel jack.
* Speakers are muted and sound is routed through the Rear and Front headphone jack when output mode is manually configured to "Headphone."
* Improved the MIC Boost feature to avoid the noise and interference.

This is where I bought mine a week or so ago, I was charged $11.46 for S/H FedEx Express Saver to WA State. They did not offer ground shipping to me last week. They used Purolator courier service to send it to Bellingham WA and then FedEx. It took one day to get to Bellingham WA, then only 1 business day to get to Olympia. FedEx kept it an extra day before delivering. Others report S/H costs might run up to $16 to the East coast. There were no customs charges or sales tax.

US RMA's are sent to Auburn WA

Only thing I have ever bought from them. 9.62 rating at resellersratings http://www.resellerratings.com/store/NCIX

$8 less than last week. See http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1435894 for last weeks discussion.

Reports from the last sale indicated that when they get down to one or two left the info might be off, they could be out as the stock is not counted as sold until orders are processed and credit cards are successfully charged.

Last edited:
I have had no problems with the Forte and am enjoying it. win7 build 7127 64-bit 8GB RAM Installed in the top PCIe slot the CAP on the Rampage Formula interferes a bit but all is well once the card is secured.

I would buy again. A lot of bang for the buck if you are looking for a PCIe soundcard.

A few of the reviews, more can be found using google.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/auzentech-xfi-forte-71-soundcard-review-test/1

http://www.elitebastards.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=689&Itemid=27

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/auzentech_x-fi_forte_review/

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2339946,00.asp

Last edited:
i added it to my cart and tried to apply it but says "no such coupon or expired"

Shouldn't have to add the code. It should just show in the cart at the sale price.

Still says there are 39 left at $89.28 US on the product page.

I just went there and added one to my cart and it came up as $134.40.

Maybe the deal is dead. Maybe they are experiencing a glitch in their system.

US Toll Free 1-888-502-9777

If you call please post back and let us know what they say.

Last edited:
Ya, after tax and shipping mine came out to $158 or something like that, so I didnt order it. I'll try on the Canadian site then.

Edit: Tried it on the Canadian site and checked out US, and the price is 89. But, I cant pay with credit card, it wont allow me to. I can only pay via PayPal, Credit Note (with NCIX) or Gift Card.

This aint cool :confused:

Last edited:
Ya, after tax and shipping mine came out to $158 or something like that, so I didnt order it. I'll try on the Canadian site then.

Edit: Tried it on the Canadian site and checked out US, and the price is 89. But, I cant pay with credit card, it wont allow me to. I can only pay via PayPal, Credit Note (with NCIX) or Gift Card.

US site http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=35596&vpn=AZTXFF7102550&manufacture=AuzenTech&promoid=1192 is coming up with the sale price in the cart as it should now for me and offers US credit cards. They must have had a glitch in their system. Looks like their Canadian site does not accept US Credit Cards but the US site does.

Strange. Hope it works for you now if you are not too frustrated to try again.

Last edited:

Did you ever try again on the US site? http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=35596&vpn=AZTXFF7102550&manufacture=AuzenTech&promoid=1192

This may be a dumb question, but is there a full size PCI bracket in the box? I don't have a low profile system.

This may be a dumb question, but is there a full size PCI bracket in the box? I don't have a low profile system.

Mine came with the fullsize bracket installed and an optional low profile bracket in the box. Seems as though they used to come with the low profile one installed. Anyway you do get both brackets.

If you think that your question was dumb you should have heard some of the questions I have asked...

36 left as of 07/23/2009 at 10:15 PM Pacific Time.

Last edited:
Latest drivers at http://www.auzensupport.com/site/download/updates.php#

* Driver name: Auzentech_Forte_Beta1.zip
* Download Size: 207 Mb Zipped file
* Release Date: 07/10/2009
Even though it says "DTS™ Connect available in WIndows® Vista only" it works in win7 too.
Auzentech said that they have not updated the info yet.

http://www.auzentech.com/site/support/warranty_plus_one.php

Free Warranty Extension for Qualified Registered Customers

Qualified customers who register with the Auzentech Registration Desk enjoy one (1) additional year of Auzentech Limited Warranty coverage for select Auzentech products.

How to Qualify

Soundcards Purchased between July 1, 2007 and July 31, 2008
Register with the Auzentech Registration Desk by August 30, 2008.

Soundcards Purchased after July 31, 2008
Register with the Auzentech Registration Desk within 30 days of purchase.

Covered Products

The Plus+1 Warranty Extension is available for the following Auzentech products:

* X-Studio 5.1, X-Raider 7.1 (added 7/14/2009)
* X-Fi Forte, X-Fi HomeTheaterHD (added 2/23/09))
* X-Plosion, X-Plosion Cinema, X-Fi Prelude (added 8/5/08)

Notes

* Registration is only required for Plus+1 Limited Warranty Coverage. The standard One Year Limited Warranty does not require registration.
* Qualifying customers who have recently registered at the Registration Desk are automatically granted a one-year warranty extension.
* At the time of warranty repair or replacement, it is the customer's responsibility to establish the date of purchase by providing a sales receipt.
* The Plus+1 Warranty Extension is not available for products not listed on this page. Auzentech reserves the right to add or remove products without notice as the product line evolves. However, your warranty will apply to covered products at the time of your registration and any additional products that are added.

Just purchased mine for $101 after shipping :p. Glad I checked again, as the correct price was displayed today. Cheapest I have seen this card is $125 at provantage.com (before tax and shipping), so this is a pretty good deal over that.

Just purchased mine for $101 after shipping :p. Glad I checked again, as the correct price was displayed today. Cheapest I have seen this card is $125 at provantage.com (before tax and shipping), so this is a pretty good deal over that.

I am really enjoying the one I bought. I have had it 10 days and the sound quality still amazes me compared to what I was listening to with my old Audigy2. Newegg currently wants $139 with free shipping. When I do a search on google shopping this NCIX deal does not show up, if it did they probably would be sold out by now.

30 left as of 07/24/2009 at 1:05 PM Pacific Time.

Last edited:
Is this better than the Razor AC-1 or not?

That is probably going to be a difficult question to find an answer to. I almost bought a Razer AC-1 about a year ago when it was sold at www.woot.com for somewhere around $50 but I decided to wait and upgrade to a PCIe soundcard instead. You can probably still find the Razer AC-1 on ebay but even http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-barracuda-ac1 lists it as not available so I doubt if any of the professional review sites will do a comparison.

My personal guess would be if you do not need a PCIe soundcard and the Razer AC-1 is working fine for you there is probably no reason to upgrade.

Any problems with the Razer AC-1 in win7 64-bit?

I have the AC-1. I was just wondering how that compared to the soundcard in this thread.

http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=65557#p945738

"I have used Audigy 2 zs, onboard sound, Razer barracuda AC-1, Auzentech X-plosion, and Asus Xonar DX. The Asus is is bar none the best. Asus support blows creative away by leagues and fathoms. I have yet to try the Auzentech X-fi Forte..." Hmmm...

http://www.guru3d.com/article/auzentech-xfi-forte-71-soundcard-review-test/1

If you look at the test the Forte beats the Xonar and if the Xonar is claimed to be better than AC-1 then... Forte should be the 'best'?

Last edited:
I have the AC-1. I was just wondering how that compared to the soundcard in this thread.

Unless someone who has already tried both cards wanders in here you probably will not get your question answered.

I am wondering how Razer is doing with driver support for win7 64-bit, do their Vista drivers work fine in win7 64-bit?

Unless someone who has already tried both cards wanders in here you probably will not get your question answered.

I am wondering how Razer is doing with driver support for win7 64-bit, do their Vista drivers work fine in win7 64-bit?

I am still stuck in WinXP... :rolleyes:

I am still stuck in WinXP... :rolleyes:

For winxp and PCI I do not think I would even consider spending money to upgrade. The Razer AC-1, from what I have read, is said to be a great sounding card. Why upgrade a good sounding card if you do not need/want PCIe? Only reason I can come up with would be for driver support in win7.

Anyone compared the Razer AC-1 and Auzentech Forte in win7 64-bit?

Last edited:
27 left as of 07/24/2009 at 9:21 PM Pacific Time.. Probably will sell out sometime Saturday or early Sunday.

It might be a good idea to check out ncixus.com before buying as sometimes the price is lower than zipzoomfly, newegg, buy.com or whoever your favorite etailers are and might not show up doing a google price check. Sometimes even lagoom.com beats out the competition for the best price.

Last edited:
Last edited:
25 left as of 07/25/2009 at 1:47 AM Pacific Time.

Some motherboards currently sold do not have even one PCI slot. For instance http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131390

Will my next motherboard even have a PCI slot? Probably not.

Of course one could always buy one of these: http://www.virtuavia.eu/shop/pci-express-to-pci-adapter-p29855.html

I am not saying that the Forte is better or worse than any other brands such as, but not limited to, Creative, Asus, Razer or insert your favorite brand/model here ______________. I am not saying PCIe is better or worse than ISA, PCI, USB or any other bus or interface past, present or future. Just because I bought and like something doesn't mean you would like it or that it would suit your wants/needs. Just because you bought and like something does not mean I would like it or that it would suit my wants/needs. I do not desire to play the "mine is bigger/better than yours" game with anyone.

Last edited:
Still 24 left as of 07/25/2009 at 8:35 AM Pacific Time.

Last edited:
22 left as of 07/25/2009 at 2:32 PM Pacific Time.

Last edited:
Ok I am n41 , I hope they send a cash register reciept with the sound card. If not we won't get our rebate. I hope this is a upgrade from my creative card.

Last edited:
Ok I am n41 , I hope they send a cash register reciept with the sound card. If not we won't get our rebate. I hope this is a upgrade from my creative card.

I never have gotten a cash register receipt with an online purchase. I noticed that too on the rebate form when I finally filled it out yesterday. Hope it goes through okay with the email printout. NCIX listed the UPC number on my the receipt as the serial number. I sent it off anyway. Got it scanned in and saved. I figure if it is not right with the rebate people I will attempt to get NCIX to straighten it out.

Made my old Z-680 speakers sound better than the Audigy2 did. I am going to get a set of decent cans. That the trouble with upgrading first you buy this and then that. It adds up fast.

What speakers are you using? I was surprised, it did make old z-680 Logitechs sound better. Glad it did though. I don't want to hook my system up to the home theater. I was thinking of hitting up the pawn shops for an amp just for the computer but I really do not want to go that route.

Last edited:
flylow What speakers are you using? I was surprised said:
I am using logitec z 5300 , But I use my headphones most of the time. audio technica athd 700 .I never did receive a phone call from them I ordered late last night. I hope I get in on the deal.

Just ordered...was torn between this and the Xonar STX, just couldn't resist this price any longer.

I am using logitec z 5300 , But I use my headphones most of the time. audio technica athd 700 .I never did receive a phone call from them I ordered late last night. I hope I get in on the deal.

Did you get the email with the link to click on? If not you might want to call NCIX at US Toll Free 1-888-502-9777 and talk to them before the sale price expires.

Order Verification
Thank you for your order #XXXXXXX. To expedite the order processing, we will contact you by phone at (262)358-3725.

When you are ready to verify your order, click the link below and have a pen and paper ready. You will be taken to the Order Verification System and we will contact you by phone within 5 minutes.

When you receive the call from us, you will be provided with a 4 digit PIN number.

Enter this PIN number into the Order Verification System. This will verfiy that your order is secure and we will finalize your order processing.

Last edited:
20 left as of 07/26/2009 at 5:02 AM Pacific Time.

Just ordered...was torn between this and the Xonar STX, just couldn't resist this price any longer.

The price was the final deciding factor for me too. I find it hard to believe that even after I buy new cans my non audiophile ears would be able to justify the additional cost of the Xonar STX. I ended up spending almost as much after I upgraded the OPAMPs on the Forte. But the Xonar STX, if I remember correctly, has 3 socketed OPAMPs that beg to be upgraded. I just cannot resist... Must upgrade... Keep computer happy.... Sometimes it seems like the Twilight Zone. My wallet is happy that I chose the Forte. My ears are very pleased. Except for buying new cans and my next yearly video card upgrade I should be pretty good until major upgrade time. Another year for my personal major upgrade schedule. Motherboard, processor and memory all at once again. Hoping that IDE, floppy, ps2 and PCI will all be gone by then. Don't need them anymore so why have them?

Last edited:
15 left as of 07/26/2009 at 10:59 AM Pacific Time.

Last edited:
Did you get the email with the link to click on? If not you might want to call NCIX at US Toll Free 1-888-502-9777 and talk to them before the sale price expires.

Order Verification
Thank you for your order #XXXXXXX. To expedite the order processing, we will contact you by phone at (262)358-3725.

When you are ready to verify your order, click the link below and have a pen and paper ready. You will be taken to the Order Verification System and we will contact you by phone within 5 minutes.

When you receive the call from us, you will be provided with a 4 digit PIN number.

Enter this PIN number into the Order Verification System. This will verfiy that your order is secure and we will finalize your order processing.

yes I got the same email I tried it but no one never called me I will just have to call them Monday I hope its not to late. They got my area code wrong on my phone # :mad:
My order is only in step 3 I think.

The temptation is too great! I'm in for one.

I'm tired of trying to make my homemade front panel connector for my Xtrememusic work. Besides, the Forte has X-RAM, a headphone amp (confirmed by Auzentech to work with front and rear panel headphone jacks), higher quality components, and a swappable OPAMP. If I can hock my Xtrememusic for $30 or so, that'll make the Forte's net cost ~$60 for me after rebate. SWEET! :D

Back