how much power do you think i draw ?
how many amps do i need ?

i have 2 4850's
and a Q9550 oc to 3.4ghz
2 640 wd sata hd 1 sata samsung dvd burner
8 gigs of ram 4 x2gb dimms
how much power do you think i draw ?
how many amps do i need ?
I would estimate your draw at about 400-450W maximum, probably less than that under most conditions. I'd recommend a 600W or higher PSU.

shit i just bought a corsair 850hx because i thought i needed more power
and better efficiency than my tough power 700watt
is it more about amp draws than wattage ?

The HX850 was still a good choice. It's more than you need, but it definitely wasn't a bad purchase.

Wattage and amperage are two sides of the same coin. Wattage is the product of voltage and amperage. When it comes to PCs and PSUs, different components draw from different voltage rails, so you need to make sure that the PSU you choose has enough power for each voltage. Modern PCs mostly draw from the +12V rails, so that's usually the main thing to consider when picking a PSU.

Im tempted to bite on one of them just have have an extra psu laying around, but i have no use for it.

shit i just bought a corsair 850hx because i thought i needed more power
and better efficiency than my tough power 700watt
is it more about amp draws than wattage ?

the toughpower line of psus are all very good, i don't know why you would want to upgrade it.

the toughpower line of psus are all very good, i don't know why you would want to upgrade it.

The HX 850 bests the Toughpower in everything, and is a much better unit. Plus the 7 year warranty. It's a good investment :)

buy it off me i'm selling my toughpower

i want to add more hd and upgrade video cards and i just feel like 700watts not enough

Ever since I bought my 620HX around March for $150 all these Corsair PSU deals started popping up.

I swear it is some kinda conspiracy.

i bought the 850hx also...will be selling my 620hx about 1 month old if anyone is interested :)

I bought the hx750 last month on th dell deal for $129 shipped to my door. It is great. I have my hx620 up for sale for in other section of this forum.

Back