Corsair H50 in an Antec 902 Case?

King Icewind

Supreme [H]ardness
I've just recently gotten all of my computer parts (read my sign :)). So currently I only have the stock cpu cooler for the i7 920. I've been looking at the, Corsair H50, and I have a few questions...

First off, will it even fit in the Antec 902 case?
I think I already know the answer to this but...it is a good cpu cooler for overclocking, right?
Where's a good place to buy it for cheap? :D Newegg is out, and tigerdirect wants $85 :(

If the H50 won't fit/work in my case, do you have any other recommendations on a preferably black cooler?

Thanks in advance :)

First off I have not tried that case and an H50.

However the 902 is a large case with a 120mm rear exhaust fan and I believe there is more than sufficient room to install the Corsair 120mm fan and rad. So I cannot guarantee it but I think it will easily fit.

For the money it not bad and is reviewed as outperforming all air coolers including the TRUE which is generally regarded as the best. However I would hesitate to recommend this kind of WCing kit for the very top end overclocking mainly because few reviews did more than a medium OC.

The Corsair site has a list of reviews and only you can determine if this is the product for you. It is a very inexpensive way to get into Watercooling. It has some drawbacks. As the pump and CPU block are all built together a failure basically means you toss the entire kit when out of warranty. With more expensive WCing systems (individual CPU block, pump, etc.) you have the option to replace or upgrade the individual parts. In the Mad Shrimps review/testing, the unit only performed a couple of deg C better than a TRUE and one must decide if slightly reduced noise and 2 deg C are worth the complexity of the WC kit vs. a TRUE that other than the fan has almost no way to ever fail.

Corsair site with a list of reviews.
http://www.corsair.com/products/h50/default.aspx

So it is your call.

Thermalright (TRUE) does make a black conventional heatpipe heatsink.
http://www.crazypc.com/products/true-black-50984.html

Google "TRUE black" for more info. That would be the only air cooler in black that off the top of my head I can recommend.

BTW with your case if you do go with an air cooler I recommend mounting it so it shoots the hot air upwards towards the large fan in the top of the case and flip the case rear exhaust fan around so it blows air into the case onto the side of the air cooler.

Yes, it will fit. It also fit in my NZXT PanzerBox. I cannot see any large case where this would not fit. The radiator sticks out both sides of the 120mm fan so it is slightly larger than a 120mm fan, but it doesn't go over areas that are unexpected. I have 2 120mm fans in a push pull on mine.

main.php

main.php

main.php

Nice pics :D

I hope your right that it will fit, i've already ordered it! :p

How well do you like it?

Last edited:
I ordered it from buy.com...which was shipped from zipzoomfly <---heard bad things about them :(
Owell we'll see how well they do...

I ordered it, then checked on the H50 again on buy.com and the price rose $5 bucks after i ordered it. So yay! Saved $5 bucks :p

Just a curious question...would it be at possible to use the back of the antec 902 for the reservoir/pump? Using those water cooling holes <--- Those are water cooling holes? :confused:
I know it will more then likely stick out a lil bit...I'm just curious ;)

900ii_back.jpg

Last edited:
Just a curious question...would it be at possible to use the back of the antec 902 for the reservoir/pump? Using those water cooling holes <--- Those are water cooling holes? :confused:
You would be able to do it with a normal water-cooling setup, but the H50's tubing is not detachable so there is no way to feed it through the holes. It's a closed loop.

Sorry to enter this discussion so late ! but I am just trying to figure out where to fit my H50-1 (like the H50 but with more CPU kits) in the nine hundred twenty.

Seems pretty obvious (to a complete novice) to mount it on top of the back fan housing with their additional fan driving air out, as this is a suck fan.

Difficult to see where else, except the base next to the PSU and the only other case suck fan is in the top where mounting looks difficult and I doubt I will run it all that often.

Any updates from people who have actually done this job bewfore me appreciated.

Thanks

;) :)

Sorry to enter this discussion so late ! but I am just trying to figure out where to fit my H50-1 (like the H50 but with more CPU kits) in the nine hundred twenty.

Seems pretty obvious (to a complete novice) to mount it on top of the back fan housing with their additional fan driving air out, as this is a suck fan.

Difficult to see where else, except the base next to the PSU and the only other case suck fan is in the top where mounting looks difficult and I doubt I will run it all that often.

Any updates from people who have actually done this job bewfore me appreciated.

Thanks

;) :)

You can mount it anywhere there is a 120mm fan exhaust or intake on the case (if it fits/reaches and doesn't get in the way of your other components of course). You can even just keep it in the case and have your regular case flow take care of the rest, but that's pretty uncouth, unless your case airflow is insane (in which case, this way might even yield better results).

You can mount it anywhere there is a 120mm fan exhaust or intake on the case (if it fits/reaches and doesn't get in the way of your other components of course). You can even just keep it in the case and have your regular case flow take care of the rest, but that's pretty uncouth, unless your case airflow is insane (in which case, this way might even yield better results).

Thanks and I found the Corsair installation video on Youtube which helped. Silly me I did not realise you took the existing fan out - Now their screws fit!!!

:eek:

Back