unlocking 550 w/ Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H

indokyne

2[H]4U
don't know if this is a kosher topic or not...

Just rec'd the proc and motherboard in the mail...could someone lay out the steps I'd need to take to attempt to unlock the cores of the 550?

There are sites all over the place about this subject. And most say the other two cores are defective and are not stable. I've also read this only works on week 21 chips, so I dunno about that. But I have read you can oc the 550 to 4ghz with air. That's pretty sweet.

don't know if this is a kosher topic or not...

Just rec'd the proc and motherboard in the mail...could someone lay out the steps I'd need to take to attempt to unlock the cores of the 550?

I looked up your motherboard on Google and one of the first links was from Newegg's website and lo and behold the second review:

"Gigabyte uses a ''dual bios'', so to unlock your 550 you have to first go into the regular bios, and go into the ACC function and switch it from ''normal'' to ''hybrid''. Restart your computer, and re-enter bios. Now you can select enable ACC and it will unlock the cores. The regular bios will NOT do anything to unlock cores.
As a dual core at 3.8ghz, the 550 scores a 6.8 on windows 7 experience. As a B50 quad at 3.6ghz I scored a 7.4!!! My ram went from 7.4 to a 7.5 by making my CPU a quad.
Excellent board, highly recommended!"

You fail at Google. :D

I looked up your motherboard on Google and one of the first links was from Newegg's website and lo and behold the second review:

"Gigabyte uses a ''dual bios'', so to unlock your 550 you have to first go into the regular bios, and go into the ACC function and switch it from ''normal'' to ''hybrid''. Restart your computer, and re-enter bios. Now you can select enable ACC and it will unlock the cores. The regular bios will NOT do anything to unlock cores.
As a dual core at 3.8ghz, the 550 scores a 6.8 on windows 7 experience. As a B50 quad at 3.6ghz I scored a 7.4!!! My ram went from 7.4 to a 7.5 by making my CPU a quad.
Excellent board, highly recommended!"

You fail at Google. :D

So yours is stable then I take it?

No - I don't have a system like yours. I just looked for about 15 seconds and found what you need to do to try and see if it will unlock. Good luck Bro'.

Back