Diablo 2 His res mod: Play the game in True 1440x900 res !!!!

Hard and Confused

[H]ard|Gawd
A little additional something to tide people over til D III :D

===Diablo II Multi Res Mod===

Currently I'm running the game @ the max rez for the mod 1440x900 and I can see all the monsters before they see me :D

Make sure you read the directions for the mod as I will not be responsible for your flunkups.

Just an FYI. Using DirectDraw mode to prevent bugs and glitches only has the slight noticeable effect of adding a slightly grainy texture to the game over Direct3D mode. For the boosted viewable area I think its worth it though :)

Direct Draw didn't work for me in Win7 x64.

Obviously D3D mode is unsupported.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Running fine for me in Direct 3D at 1680x1050
PqMpP.gif

D2MultiResGame2009-09-0212-39-36-62.jpg

D2MultiResGame2009-09-0212-39-53-12.jpg

D2MultiResGame2009-09-0213-43-06-42.jpg

Last edited:
wish this could be used on battle.net...

come on blizz...people made a patch for this with their spare time, why not release a res patch as well!

come on blizz...people made a patch for this with their spare time, why not release a res patch as well!

No kidding, I ask myself that same question from time to time, Its not just Diablo, alot of games could use one.

I been using the mod for awhile now. At 1680x1050.
To bad i don't play it much so my character isnt very high lvl, lol.

5172a513b1d676b8d73c6531c5f9cc48cab82346.png

475346e397a6ce07518f6bd9575def471f19179e.png

I've never been able to make Diablo II run in anything but windowed mode since Windows Vista x64 came out. I've got the same problem with Windows 7 x64 RC 7100 and RTM.

Unlike other games where increasing the resolution affects how many pixels everything is drawn with, in D2 you just get more of the game beyond your old viewing window on the screen. It affects how far and how much you can see so it is considered an unfair advantage. If it were allowed, the higher the resolution you could run the better and whoever had the highest res would have the biggest advantage (though tiny little characters lol) Imagine a bowazon duel and you can see them WAAAYYY before they can see you.

I've never been able to make Diablo II run in anything but windowed mode since Windows Vista x64 came out. I've got the same problem with Windows 7 x64 RC 7100 and RTM.

I never have had a problem with it in Vista x64. I just hate not using window mode because I have dual monitors :(.

But an 800x600 window on 1680x1050 just doesn't cut it! I imagine it's pretty bad for you guys with 30" lol.

I never have had a problem with it in Vista x64. I just hate not using window mode because I have dual monitors :(.

But an 800x600 window on 1680x1050 just doesn't cut it! I imagine it's pretty bad for you guys with 30" lol.

Yeah it's pretty aweful on a 30" LCD.

it looks like your character is made up of various colored postage stamps

I just got 3 characters to level 70........wish I would have waited until this came out.

I just used a glide wrapper and it did the exact same thing. It 'says' 800x600 in the game but it's playing nativley widescreen, no stretching.

I just used a glide wrapper and it did the exact same thing. It 'says' 800x600 in the game but it's playing nativley widescreen, no stretching.

Glide wrapper? Havent heard of glide in a long time, didnt know people still wrote for it.

I remember the biggest disappointment back in the day, playing Diablo 2 beta for the first time (as a freshman in college, you can guess how well that year went, lol), was the low resolution. 640x480 (you didnt get 800x600 until the expansion) was horrid when we all had 1024x768 for Tribes and UT. The enhanced-resolution fixes really help out old games like Diablo2 and Baldurs Gate.

Glide wrapper? Havent heard of glide in a long time, didnt know people still wrote for it.

I remember the biggest disappointment back in the day, playing Diablo 2 beta for the first time (as a freshman in college, you can guess how well that year went, lol), was the low resolution. 640x480 (you didnt get 800x600 until the expansion) was horrid when we all had 1024x768 for Tribes and UT. The enhanced-resolution fixes really help out old games like Diablo2 and Baldurs Gate.

Maybe he means running the game in Glide mode and using a wrapper to convert it to D3D or OpenGL instructions for the card... I dont think any current hardware actually runs glide.

FWIW I think Diablo II looked better in Glide mode than any of the other modes, the shadows and colors always just seemed a lot better looking.

Maybe he means running the game in Glide mode and using a wrapper to convert it to D3D or OpenGL instructions for the card... I dont think any current hardware actually runs glide.

FWIW I think Diablo II looked better in Glide mode than any of the other modes, the shadows and colors always just seemed a lot better looking.

Yep, I'm doing the same using Svens glide wrapper. Svens glide wrapper was specifically made for Diablo 2 and it works brilliantly. All other glide wrappers I tested locked D2 up after a while.

So, instead of blurry 800x600 scaled on the monitor, it uses your native LCD resolution, making the 800x600 crisp and clean. Of course, 800x600 does look very blocky on a 30" screen and the Diablo Resolution Mod does not work in Glide mode with any wrappers.

You can also choose to keep the correct 4:3 aspect ratio or stretch to full screen within the wrapper.

I prefer using the glide wrapper over the res mod and the wrapper is ok to use on bnet

Svens Glide Wrapper Linkage

My starcraft "works" in Win7 but the colors are all messed up. Tried everything.

I have seen this. In a lot of cases the menu screens have messed up colors, but once you actually get into a game the colors are fine. Have you tried actually getting in a game, or just fired it up and saw the messed up menus?

tried mine at 1920x1200 and it was all fucked up.

Using window 7 64bit. I'll mess around with it more after the weekend.

But when I wasn't moving it looks smooth.

I had some visual anomolies myself but I had no problem getting it into 2560x1600 fullscreen on my gaming box. (I hadn't tried it on this machine before today.)

Sometimes at 1680 and above you see visual anomalies, I believe it has to do with the camera being pushed back so far.

Sometimes at 1680 and above you see visual anomalies, I believe it has to do with the camera being pushed back so far.

That is what it looked like. Kind of like a tree that blocking the camera man. I'll give 1440x900 a shot. Might be the magic spot.

I have seen this. In a lot of cases the menu screens have messed up colors, but once you actually get into a game the colors are fine. Have you tried actually getting in a game, or just fired it up and saw the messed up menus?

Yeah the game looks fine but it crashes routinely in multiplayer, again under W7.

Yep, I'm doing the same using Svens glide wrapper. Svens glide wrapper was specifically made for Diablo 2 and it works brilliantly. All other glide wrappers I tested locked D2 up after a while.

So, instead of blurry 800x600 scaled on the monitor, it uses your native LCD resolution, making the 800x600 crisp and clean. Of course, 800x600 does look very blocky on a 30" screen and the Diablo Resolution Mod does not work in Glide mode with any wrappers.

You can also choose to keep the correct 4:3 aspect ratio or stretch to full screen within the wrapper.

I prefer using the glide wrapper over the res mod and the wrapper is ok to use on bnet

Svens Glide Wrapper Linkage

Thanks for that, it looks nice and doesnt alter the gameplay like actually running at 1600x1200 would. Multi-res just crashes for me with some unhandled exception error.

I just can't stand all those GAY WOWish colors slathered all over thoses screen shots.... what in the hell is Blizzard doing???.... oh... wait a minute.... that was D2, not D3....sorry:(

hehehe

Okay, I've tried Multires and Glide, and I can't find happiness with either. Glide obviously seems to work better natively and can be used online, but when I make the window bigger so I can see better, the graphics quality goes downhill fast.

Multires "looks" better but it's way too dark, can't be used with bnet, and sometimes has technical issues. Is there anything else I can do?

Well I installed D2 along w/ the expansion and then installed the patch followed by the multires. Does not work in Direct draw, but works w/ Direct 3d.
kinda cool, I have been having some graphical issues when trees or buildings are on the edge of the screen, I get these long lines across the screen, kinda annoying.
Damn, you still have to have the disk in the drive to play this game :(

I really hope that D3 has the simple controls like D2 has w/ just 2 attack options, and not the 1/2 million boxes to click like WoW

Well I installed D2 along w/ the expansion and then installed the patch followed by the multires. Does not work in Direct draw, but works w/ Direct 3d.
kinda cool, I have been having some graphical issues when trees or buildings are on the edge of the screen, I get these long lines across the screen, kinda annoying.

I really hope that D3 has the simple controls like D2 has w/ just 2 attack options, and not the 1/2 million boxes to click like WoW

Get a no cd crack or use yoru serial for DII and register with blizzard then DL the installer for the game and install it thaqt way and no CD needed :)

Dont need the CD with patch 1.12

You need to copy all the MPQ files to your install DIR or it will still ask for CD

Back