ASUS P7P55D Deluxe Motherboard Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
ASUS P7P55D Deluxe Motherboard Review - When Intel launches a new processor ASUS is among the first companies with products ready to go that will support it. Among the first boards based on the Intel's new LGA1156 socket is the ASUS P7P55D Deluxe. This is a feature rich design based on the Intel P55 Express chipset, supporting Intel's new LGA 1156 Core i5 and Core i7 processors.

I came away from the P7P55D Deluxe with mixed feelings. For some reason, the board just did not seem that "special" to me. I know this is not an ROG board, but it is the "Deluxe" model of its series and it just did not seem too deluxe.

Interesting review, thank you. That MSI board seems even nicer now that we have something to compare it to officially. I'd like to see the Maximus III Formula complete the new board trifecta :)

I adjusted CPU PLL to 1.xxxx with PCH voltage at its maximum value of x.xx. IMC voltage had to be set to 1.xxxx volts.
Ummm did you intented to fill these in later or are these classified or something?

Well I beat the overclocking topic to death.
This can never be beat to death. In my mind, this is what seperates one board from another in the same class.

It amazes me that they've introduced an auto-overclocking feature that doesn't work, I mean don't these guys test these gimmicks before launching the product, 22 re-posts and an 11 minute wait only to end up at a blank screen, I would have taken a claw hammer to it !!!

Hello to all,

I am very surprised to hear of HardOCP testing results with our Turbo V EVO / Auto Tuning application. When testing on multiple Deluxe boards as well as our entire board range that supports Auto Tuning I have found the results to be consistent. It is true that to ensure the best functionality the most recent versions of the bios must be used. With that said the Auto Tuning process its self does take a certain amount of time to complete. It will range from as little as 5 to 7 mins to as much as 30 mins. The reason why is because it is not just applying a preset to the bios of potential values that are hopefully correct for your system. Auto Tuning is a dynamic process that in real-time raises your BCLK while adjusting voltages and in some situations will also change your multiplier. Additionally as each adjustment occurs to the BCLK or overall frequency and voltages a stress test follows to check the system for stability. My results have generally been performed with an 870 and taken me up to 3.77 GHz. I will follow up with HardOCP if we can find the cause of the issues. Please rest assured we strive to come to market with a board and series that is functional in all respects from the basics to newly incorporated features such as Auto Tuning. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I am hoping to provide a video online for reference shortly of the Auto Tuning process.

Update, below are some screenshots of the test system I am working on currently I am working on get more results for manual OC as well.

stabilitytestingat377.jpg

2009091011h56cpu1.png

2009091011h56cpu2.png

2009091011h56cpu3.png

2009091011h56cpu4.png

2009091011h56vcore.png

autotuningresults75032g.jpg

autotuningresults75033w.jpg

43ghzonp7p55ddeluxe.jpg

Once I have a little more time I will update this with a little more information and more results on the the boards OC performance. Currently I am doing manually clocking on the 750 4GHz no problems. with all voltages on Auto additionally with the current bios builds these boards scales very smoothly without having to adjust the voltages manually and does a very good job at checking the voltages to a min. when needed/possible.

We are still looking to provide high levels of performance but as noted in the review currently anything really passed 4.1GHz is hard to keep in check on a thermal scale. realistically it should not be of concern because at those speeds you can definately have enough CPU to be in front of your GPU. Although I have not had alot of time I have been able to scale between 4.2GHz 4.3GHz and even 4.4GHz.

Hope you all enjoy the results and look forward to some feedback. Even with these great results we are still continuing on refining and imporving scalibility in Auto Tuning further. To all Please enjoy the rest of your day.

Last edited:
Typos fixed - Kyle

also all the graphs showed the ram running in 1600 but the test configuration chart showed them running at 1066. Confused me a bit.

Go by the graphs. Kyle

As for the board it looks good and performs properly according to the numbers but that OC tool completely spoiled it for me. A glaring flaw that makes me question the whole board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,

I wanted to provide quick feedback on the results I will linking shortly. Currently all testing has been very positive. Yesterday I completed a run of Auto Tuning on our Deluxe board and with a 870 CPU. My final results was 3.77GHz. I left it running OCCT with Large Data Set - OCCT CPU test ( the test i defined was for 16 hours, it sitll has 3 left ). Once the results are complete I will post them online. I will additionally be doing a 750 test and will try to record some video footage to actually show the Auto Tuning process. Please enjoy the rest of your day.

Hello All,

I wanted to provide quick feedback on the results I will linking shortly. Currently all testing has been very positive. Yesterday I completed a run of Auto Tuning on our Deluxe board and with a 870 CPU. My final results was 3.77GHz. I left it running OCCT with Large Data Set - OCCT CPU test ( the test i defined was for 16 hours, it sitll has 3 left ). Once the results are complete I will post them online. I will additionally be doing a 750 test and will try to record some video footage to actually show the Auto Tuning process. Please enjoy the rest of your day.

Looking forward to the additional results.

Please look at my first posting, I have updated results and screenshots with my results.

Legion Hardware claims this is the best current mb for OC in their experience so I bought one and installed it yesterday. I don't care about extra features so went with LE model instead of Deluxe. Has everything I need and some more things I don't need. I updated to 0911 bios immediately and is running with no issues so far.

Read this article. They achieved 4.2GHZ with i5 750 on P7P55D easily so long as you use good HSF.

http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=863

Back