Hauppauge WINTV-HVR-2250 $98.25 After $30 MIR (buy.com)

Oh shit. I was just looking at this on Newegg before I came to the [H].

I despise Buy.com and MIRs though. Hmm.

Almost jumped on this, until I found this: https://msmvps.com/blogs/chrisl/archive/2009/09/10/1722326.aspx

Looks like we'll be able to buy "supported" cable card tuners and SDV support has been added to Windows 7. Guess I'll wait longer to get a tuner card..

As for buy.com.. I like their eBay support anyways. With Bing Cashback and the $20 credit back they gave me for shipping my i7 920 a week late, I ultimately only paid $167 :D

Excellent deal for an excellent tuner. Plays extra nice with Windows 7!

This man speaks the truth
I have a 2250 and am running W7, works like a dream! The dual tuners are uber nice
My IR reviver went dead after ~3 weeks and Hauppauge sent me a new one too, not too many questions asked, so there support is pretty decent too.

I love mine. I'm tempted to buy another one.

Although all I need is the tuner itself which I could stand to buy from directron to avoid the mail in rebate and only spend $4 more.

I would also avoid Buy.com's webpage. I've had great experiences with their eBay store though, including this card for about the same price without rebate. Card works great besides not being able to pull in encrypted stations (still waiting for a decent solution to that other than 4 cable boxes with ir blasters). Both cards work much better than the pvr500's/150's they replaced, under Vista. When 7 is released for use other than "development/testing/etc purposes", I will give it a try.

I've had great luck with all my Buy.com orders for the last year and a half or so...awesome quick shipping and products as expected.

I eyed this tuner this morning when I got the specials email.

I'm thinking about building an HTPC box. Would this be a good piece for it?

TIA!

I've always had good luck with buy.com. They aren't the fastest at shipping stuff out, but it's always well packaged.

And yes. It's pretty much the best card you can get for an HTPC.

Back