Xbox 360 Elite $50 Rebate

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like Microsoft is trying to counter the recent PS3 price drop with an additional $50 off the Xbox 360 Elite. That is a whole lot of console for $249.99 and all you have to do is submit a mail-in rebate form and you are all set. Don't you just love price wars?

You can get a $50 rebate on the purchase of a new Xbox 360® Elite Console from September 22 to October 5, 2009. Not only does Xbox 360 play the best games and provide quality entertainment, but now you can sign up for a mail-in rebate for even greater savings.

MIRs are just dumb...

Not really. Dumb for the consumer maybe, but not for the company. Statistics show that many people don't bother sending them in, claiming that it is too much work. Seriously folks, it's not that hard to put a form, receipt, and UPC in an envelope and mail it.

to each their own - I've had both the PS3 and the xbox - and I still prefer my 360, I've had to replace the laser in my PS3 twice already... and I haven't had to repair my 360...

wtf just bought an elite on Sat. 9-19-09 You think I could just return it or bring in receipt to bestbuy and get the rebate form?

Meh I got my GTS250's for 130$ total After MIR about 6 months ago. still smokes a GTX280 not sure about GTX285. It's a good idea. Won't cost them much. kids will run out buy a console, but know what a stamp is. Good strategy.

wtf just bought an elite on Sat. 9-19-09 You think I could just return it or bring in receipt to bestbuy and get the rebate form?

Yeah, I did the same thing. Bought one of the Black Elite systems from BB about a month and a half ago, only to get kicked in the balls like this. :( One thing is certain about my luck - If I want the price to drop on something, all I have to do is buy it first...

Purchase needs to be made after 9/22. Go back to best buy with the receipt and tell the customer service rep that you want to do a non-physical return and repurchase. This will not affect their return numbers as it's a paper transaction and they should do it no problem. If they give you drama, just physically return it and buy another one. You will need a purchase receipt not an exchange receipt. So don't let them try to just do an exchange.

There's a deal hot deal going on right now where you can get an elite for under $200. I saw it on slickdeals, dunno if its on [H] yet.

Not really. Dumb for the consumer maybe, but not for the company. Statistics show that many people don't bother sending them in, claiming that it is too much work. Seriously folks, it's not that hard to put a form, receipt, and UPC in an envelope and mail it.

Who the hell still keeps envelopes and stamps around? I havent mailed anything in about 8 years. I pay all my bills online and use email for all correspondence. If I go to my mailbox it will just be overflowing with junk mail and coupon magazines.

Then 6 months later I get a check for $50 and now I have to drive 15 miles to the bank, try to find a deposit slip for the life of me, and then wait 20 minutes for all the jackasses ahead to get out of my way so I can make the deposit. Seriously not even worth it.

Last time I had a game rebate come with a video card, I ended up just buying the game outright so I could actually play the damn thing and get a duplicate mailed like a year later when they finally processed it..

Conclusion: MIR's are dumb.

Who the hell still keeps envelopes and stamps around? I havent mailed anything in about 8 years. I pay all my bills online and use email for all correspondence. If I go to my mailbox it will just be overflowing with junk mail and coupon magazines.

Then 6 months later I get a check for $50 and now I have to drive 15 miles to the bank, try to find a deposit slip for the life of me, and then wait 20 minutes for all the jackasses ahead to get out of my way so I can make the deposit. Seriously not even worth it.

Last time I had a game rebate come with a video card, I ended up just buying the game outright so I could actually play the damn thing and get a duplicate mailed like a year later when they finally processed it..

lol...I was supposed to lol right?

Tell us how you really feel.

This stinks for me. I just bought my 360 elite from Fry's (220 miles away) on 9/19.

Check the return policy on the receipt. If it says you're ok then go for it.

Damn! I may just have to donate my current 360 to a relative and pick one of these up, that a pretty smokin deal.

I would consider hawking my pro for cheap and getting an Elite now, except I've only used about half of the 20 gigs I already have. Black sure is pretty though.

I would consider hawking my pro for cheap and getting an Elite now, except I've only used about half of the 20 gigs I already have. Black sure is pretty though.

Maybe you'd use the space more if you had it. I have a 120GB HD and a few weeks ago I had to start seriously clearing space because I had about 3GB left, now I'm up to around 20GB of free space. Between installing 360 games to the HD, Rock Band song downloads, videos, XBLA games, etc, that thing fills up really quick.

I'm actually super jealous of the 250GB HD that is coming for the Modern Warfare 2 edition of the 360. Best case would be if I could install any 2.5" SATA HD like I can with the PS3, or even a USB 2 HD for main storage, but that's not going to happen...

it IS purty. Looks even better with a Red Wings faceplate on it :D

this kinds stinks about the date you can qualify for the rebate though. I guess im one of the suckers that bought the elite on the day of the price drop(Aug 28) :( and get to miss out on the discount

MS once again shows the only way they can win in a hardware war... err wait this is the first succesfull hardware (and its still second to a system that is really just a gamecube2.5) they have ever launched (if you call making money succesfull) is to throw money at it. First to charge for FREE online play, first to CHARGE for waht used to be free content,even making Valve charge. I cant wait till we pay for software upgrades like we do with windows... And now they are talking about letting some games require HD's so multi disc can be put on HD (since they where to pig headed to invest in HD (might have saved the platform, who knows).... sure nice for all those people without one.

360 is a pretty good console.. if you add wifi, and upgrade that one you already bought a few years ago.

YES i hate MS with a passion... and before anybody says it.. consoles blow.. real gamers use PC's (nothing better then spending hours getting a game to work.. just hink, your learning too!)

They have a 30 day return policy, so I would think so.

Back