MSI 785GM-E65 core unlocking

Bladestorm

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone with this board managed to unlock their core/s? I can't seem to get the 4 core of my 720 X3 to unlock. I set ACC to auto, and it boots into windows fine, but the 4th core is still locked. I also cannot change any voltage settings as their grayed out.

might have to see if theres a bios update.. though AMD has been requesting motherboard manufactures to fix the ACC feature so that the cores cant be unlocked.. and if you have just recently bought that 720.. your most likely not going to be able to unlock the core anyways..

the first few batches amd released for the 720 unlocked fine.. but since then its been rare to find one that actually unlocks.. same with the x2 550..

I got it figured out, or I should say it figured itself out. I had ACC set to auto, and EC firmware set to special. That didn't do anything at first, but after a few reboots it finally took, and the 4 core unlocked. I was able to overclock to 3.5Ghz stable at 1.4v. 3.6Ghz took 1.45v to be stable, which unless I'm mistaken is a little high?

Back