1.5TB Drive$79.99 at Fry's B&M

CompuDrew

[H]F Junkie
I couldn't find this online, so it appears to be B&M only. It doesn't say what brand, but I'd venture to guess it's a Seagate. Who knows, though.
Sale ends Sunday 10/4.

Ew, then this is even worse than I thought.

You couldn't pay ME 80 bucks to entrust 1.5TB to Samsung =P

Most people like em, their F1, F2 and F3 drives seem to be a real hit.

I've been buying different model Samsungs like crazy over the past year, for myself and family members. Between their low sale prices and Bing cashback i (we) couldn't resist ... 500gb, 750gb, 1TB, 1.5TB, i think i've used several of each :)

These 1.5tb samsungs kick major ass for 5400rpm drives, they barely run warm to the touch as well.

The Hitachi 1TB's have been treating me well also, though they def run about 3c warmer than the samsung ecogreens.

I've had 3 Seagates and 2 WD die on me. While all 4 of my Samsung HDD are still ticking. Luck of the draw, nothing else.

I've had 3 Seagates and 2 WD die on me. While all 4 of my Samsung HDD are still ticking. Luck of the draw, nothing else.

Bah! Everyone knows certain branded electronic devices despise some people and fail prematurely in their presence just to spite them.

Frys needs to put a store front on their shipping warehouse in Ohio so I can get in on some of these deals. I'm tired of paying taxes on orders from them with no stores in the state.

FYI the austin store has around 10 left last night. And apparently the limit is a bit lax as some people got two.

Lol nothing beats the 75gb gxp deathstars... now there was a real winning hdd... i lost 4 of those in a month. But for the most part luck of the draw ;)

Anyone want to buy one and ship to Ohio? Help a [H] brother out?

Lol nothing beats the 75gb gxp deathstars... now there was a real winning hdd... i lost 4 of those in a month. But for the most part luck of the draw ;)

my 60GXP still works after having it for 10 years lol

I have one working 75GXP left in my misc parts drawer. I had bought a whole box of refurb ones from the place I worked at the time. No one wanted to touch them due to their reputation so I was able to pick them up for $20ea when drives that size were still mostly over $100.

I think maybe 2 or 3 of them are still in service in systems I gave to family. They were refurbed for a reason though, that drive sucked.

Back on topic, this is a great deal. If I had a Fry's around here I'd be getting two for an external array that could actually hold a full system backup of my primary system.

These drives are a great deal. I have 6 of them in my windows home server and the cool and very quiet.

Great deal. Good drives. I have two on my home server and they are fine. Samsung is making some dandy large capacity "green" drives these days, in my opinion.

Back