Frys B&M, Phenom II, 805e, 2.5 ghz, $79 dollars

Roland00

Gawd
Frys B&M, Phenom II, 805e, 2.5 ghz, $79.99 dollars

http://www.frys-electronics-ads.com/ads/2009/10/02/44505/AMD-Phenom-II-X4-805-Processor

Item number is 5841183

This is an oem chip only. Frys possess them for they have a system builder department (components). It was mostly used by oem brands such as hp.

Phenom II 805e
2.5 ghz (12.5 x multipler, 200 mhz bus speed)
2 megs of l2 cache
4 megs of l3 cache (the 900 series posses 6 megs, the 600 series athlons IIs possess no l3 cache).
95w
AM3 thus can support AM2+ ddr2 motherboards, or AM3 ddr3 motherboards

This is the OEM baby brother of the AMD 810, which is identical except the 810 has a 13x multipler instead of a 12.5 the 805e possess.

Since this is an oem chip it does not come with heatsink. The 810 overclocks nicely in the anandtech review of it he got it to 3.75 ghz on Vista 64bit (pretty much the most you can get from Phenom IIs on 64bit). Furthermore he reached these speeds with the same retail cooler that comes with the 940, but he then retested the processors with Vigor Monsoon III LT and saw up to a 9 degree celsius drop in temperature. I see very little reason the 805 will not reach similar results.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3512&p=11

----------------------------------------------------

Get this chip while it is hot, all stores had 20 or more at the start of the day but that doesn't necessary mean they will have them throughout the week.

Last edited:
ahh, if only I had a fry's here.. Perfect replacement for my 9850BE in my HTPC. Cooler/Faster Cheap

Personally I wonder if they are going to stop selling AMD processors. There's two by me and one is only selling i7s now, and the other had pretty much every other processor but i7 on clearance, including Core Duos.

Personally I wonder if they are going to stop selling AMD processors. There's two by me and one is only selling i7s now, and the other had pretty much every other processor but i7 on clearance, including Core Duos.

The new focus piece is probably going to be the 620s which they just got in this week. It is a Phenom II quad core design at 2.6 ghz, but has no l3 cache so even though it is a Phenom II architecture they call it an athlon II. They are selling it at a price of 105 (it is 99.99 if you buy it from AMD in a 1000 units.) Currently they have this with a cheap nvidia 6100 motherboard for 139.99

The processor I posted is a better deal for it has the 4 megs of l3 cache and is 20 dollars cheaper. And ghz is quite easy to change if you know how to overclock.

Isn't this one less that 95w? I thought the 805e was low power

Hmm, still an amazing deal

Picked one up, replacing the 9850 in the server. Great deal.

Typically Thursday. Assuming they haven't run out of course
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Hows the 1 per person thing work?

Are they pretty firm on that? Can I walk out and walk back in?

depends on how cool your cashier is.

OT: What is the difference between Phenom II X4 AM2+ and the AM3 ones?

Um, isnt it already a 4 core natively?

LOL, see you already removed that brainfart!

i should kill frys the downers grove one is full of asshats no one fucking was like oh yeah here we has it grrr

It really depends on the sales associate as well as the cashier. The computer won't allow them to place more than 1 on the same quote (which you then hand to the cashier and they get the processor out) without the department manager/supervisor passenger. Nothing stops the sales associate from writing two quotes (he probably won't for this is a loss leader). Or you using two sales associates.
depends on how cool your cashier is.

OT: What is the difference between Phenom II X4 AM2+ and the AM3 ones?
AM3 processors work in AM2+ (unless your motherboard manfacture never did a bios update to allow new processors )
or AM3 motherboards

AM3 processors have both a ddr2 and a ddr3 integrated memory controller. Thus they work with ddr2 or ddr3 ram.

Your motherboard will be AM2+ or AM3, if it is AM2+ only ddr2, if it is AM3 only ddr3

i should kill frys the downers grove one is full of asshats no one fucking was like oh yeah here we has it grrr

Can you clarify this for me? Did they not have it? Or were they not selling it for $79.99? thinking about running out there, but Chicago traffic is never fun.

Also, I currently have a X2 6400, how big of an upgrade would the X4 805 be?

Great original post man, love when all the info is there waiting for me.

Got one for my new media center build (currently a 939 3400x2). 1/2 thinking about going back for another and upgrading my other system too.

And yes, very nice job OP.

In case anyone missed this, I bought 2 and will be returning one. I tested both to unlock to 6mb L3 and clock to 3.6 with Vista 64 bit using basic air; may go higher but I only had basic PC6400. Both are extremely low temp. Much better then my Core2 in temp. Seems to run better then my Q6600 @ 3.6 (same speed) with 4 prime running. I can do other things with the PII as if no Prime was running but with Q6600 with the same app, it seems to pause from time to time.

Anyhow, if anyone is local to the Fry's at Renton, WA and want this CPU contact me by 10/11. I would prefer a trade for a HD4870 1GB for a tested PII 805

Anyone in the Bay Area (925 preferably) want to pick this up from me? I'm going to be returning it but will take $90 (paid $87.xx) for the chip. It's going back Friday so please contact me before then. I can meet in Concord & Lamorinda area.

Damn it all, now I feel stupid for having paid $100 for the 620. Hahaha.... Maybe I'll pay Fry's a visit.

Anyone in the Bay Area (925 preferably) want to pick this up from me? I'm going to be returning it but will take $90 (paid $87.xx) for the chip. It's going back Friday so please contact me before then. I can meet in Concord & Lamorinda area.

Jon, would u be willing to ship it? I live in Oregon.

@jonjon0nline why would anyone near a frys opt to pay $3 more to get it from you rather than getting it from fry's???

That sucks. I kind of wish I jumped on this one. I got the $49 PIII X3 710 instead, so it's all good.

Back